your club has no chane of getting a celtic star player .

hooper88

back again lads ,i am quite amused by some of the replys with regards to my comments about your small club not being able to attract an important player from a bigger club.Comments like big jock knew etc are totally uncalled for.I made a point of saying the best you have produced is theo walcott which is wrong and i admit that,but what i wont take back is your best players have left you pretty quickly except le tiss who was a legend.Your team is a stepping stone to premiership for players like bale who know you will struggle to survive in that enviroment and the best you can hope for is to overachieve for a while then drop back down.With regards your billionaire owners and celtic being skint,you should look up who are the money men at celtic and realise that a couple of them are irish billionaires who let celtic survive and prosper on there own because they dont need handouts.

Can you please point out all the bigoted comments on here, please. I must've missed them.

At least one post referred to Celtic as "Taigs" a well known sectarian slur from the times of the troubles and about as acceptable as calling jews kikes.

back again lads ,i am quite amused by some of the replys with regards to my comments about your small club not being able to attract an important player from a bigger club.Comments like big jock knew etc are totally uncalled for.I made a point of saying the best you have produced is theo walcott which is wrong and i admit that,but what i wont take back is your best players have left you pretty quickly except le tiss who was a legend.Your team is a stepping stone to premiership for players like bale who know you will struggle to survive in that enviroment and the best you can hope for is to overachieve for a while then drop back down.With regards your billionaire owners and celtic being skint,you should look up who are the money men at celtic and realise that a couple of them are irish billionaires who let celtic survive and prosper on there own because they dont need handouts.

The standard of English lessons at Scottish schools is shocking. No wonder you want independence, so you can make the "language" up as you go along.

Why would Saints overachieve? The are one of the best supported clubs in the UK in terms of average crowds.

Averaging 26,097 whilst in the 2nd tier of English football. The 3rd biggest Scottish team - Hearts averages 13,000 in the 1st tier.

Edited by Matthew Le God

We'll see if or not we struggle if/when we go up.

Aside to the above prediction and in terms of cold hard FACTS, yes Le Tiss is a living legend and b, Celtic are now nothing more than a side playing to the level of a mid table championship side.

We're top of that championship now by the way ;-)

Night.

Being a Scot living in Scotland and also a season ticket holder of a Scottish Club for 30 years, I have found the Hooper topic quite amusing and frustrating. The irony of Old firm fans calling anyone arrogant has led to the odd chuckle. Old firm fans believe everyone in Scotland supports either Rangers or Celtic and those who go along to support their local team only do so because they can’t afford the bus fare to Glasgow. I’ve often been asked “but who’s your big team.” The truth is, like many other football fans in Scotland, I don’t like either of them. I love to see both of them being turned over in Europe, as it’s the only chance these fickle fans have of feeling the lows most fans feel supporting their local club. My frustrations are with those on this board who, often tongue in cheek, have generalised the Scots from the posts on the Celtic site. We are not all the same... honest

Like many have said previously, Rangers and Celtic are both big clubs and that’s where it ends. The quality is no longer there to compete with top English clubs as they have done so in the past. There are several individuals of international class on the horizon, ( and I include Hooper in this)but that aside, Scottish football is on its arse. Celtic can no longer compete in Europe because it cannot attract enough quality to play in a poor league, so their main focus is being a step ahead of Rangers to guarantee Champions League Football…yawn. If the BoD feel they have that advantage over their rivals and a decent offer comes in for any of their players, they will take the cash, because like it or not Celtic fans, you are now a selling club.

too many repeats of meaningless games have turned fans away in their droves and the governing bodies will not change a structure that brings numerous episodes of “ A clash of the bigot brothers”, for sky sports.

Two seasons ago, I made the decision not to renew my season ticket with my Scottish Club because I no longer had the appetite for what was being offered as entertainment. Too many repeats of meaningless games have turned fans away in their droves and the governing bodies will not change a structure that brings numerous episodes of “ A clash of the bigot brothers”, for sky sports.

I then focused my finances and time to follow my English club, Southampton. So I have witnessed both ends of the spectrum, from SPL to English League 1 and can say that the quality in League 1 was better than the likes of Dunfermline, Inverness CT, Hibernian etc. This season the Saints have produced a brand of football that has not been seen in Scotland for many a year and that’s what keeps bringing me back to watch them.

It puzzles me when I see players opt to come to Scotland rather than the English Leagues. Surely it must be every player’s ambition to play at the highest level against the best in the world. Perhaps they prefer the easy life in an easy league and being idolised by those like “hooper88”

It is easy to get your fair point, but isn't it in the interest of player X to go and play occasionally in the Champions' or Europa league with an average Scottish club, earn a comparable amount of money, and get an outside chance to shine in a few games and make their place in the shop window rather than play week in, week out, in the lower English leagues, however more competitive they may be, and being anonymous? I remember a mate's son who went to play in Luxembourg, had a wonderful string of pre-season friendlies and got himself very healthy contracts as a pro in Metz, who were then in the French top flight and then in Trier (German second division at the time). Now in his '30s, he doesn't to worry too much about money anymore. I guess there's another side to every story.[/i]

Sit back and watch, sweaty. **** league, **** fans

YOU WONT GET PROMOTION BUT IF YOU DO then you wont stay up for long.Hope we meet in europe one day to see what happens but a dont think you will ever be in champions league or europa so all the best getting humped of the top 10 in premiership

You have no idea about our club's situation, history, or ambition. We were in the top flight for 28 years, untill 2005 when we were relegated following serious mis-management of the club. It took a few years, and another relegation, but we are building quickly now. When we get back into the Premiership, and it's not going to take long, we will be there to stay. You never know, we may even end up loaning you a couple of our younger players to get a bit of experience at a lower level.

YOU WONT GET PROMOTION BUT IF YOU DO then you wont stay up for long.Hope we meet in europe one day to see what happens but a dont think you will ever be in champions league or europa so all the best getting humped of the top 10 in premiership

Not hard really is it mate, getting into the champions league whilst in the SPL?

I'm sure half the championship would be in with a shout whilst if playing in the SPL.

We won't see you in Europe because rangers will pinch the ONE place your **** league gets.

You have no idea about our club's situation, history, or ambition. We were in the top flight for 28 years, untill 2005 when we were relegated following serious mis-management of the club. It took a few years, and another relegation, but we are building quickly now. When we get back into the Premiership, and it's not going to take long, we will be there to stay. You never know, we may even end up loaning you a couple of our younger players to get a bit of experience at a lower level.

Post of the thread.............

Scottish Premier League vs English Championship

Average attendances 2011/12

Celtic 50k

Rangers 45k

West Ham 29k

Southampton 26k

Derby 25k

Leeds 23k

Leicester 23k

Cardiff 22k

Nottingham Forest 22k

Hull 18k

Brighton 18k

Reading 18k

Birmingham 18k

Ipswich 18k

Middlesbrough 18k

Crystal Palace 15k

Coventry 14k

Portsmouth 14k

Burnley 14k

Bristol City 13k

Hearts 13k

Watford 12k

Blackpool 12k

Millwall 11k

Barnsley 10k

Doncaster 9k

Peterborough 9k

Hibs 9k

Aberdeen 9k

Dundee United 7k

Motherwell 5k

Kilmarnock 5k

Dunfermline 5k

St Mirren 4k

Inverness 4k

St. Johnstone 3k

I could take it further and look lower down the English Football League...

- There are 5 clubs in League One and 1 club in League Two with higher attendances than the 4th biggest Scottish club Hibs.

- There are 4 clubs in League One with higher attendances than the 3rd biggest Scottish club Hearts.

Should Southampton return to the top flight it will see a return to the 30,000+ averages in a 32,000 stadium they had in all four Premier League seasons at St Mary's. The chairman also want to increase the stadium to 45k+. Taking it close to Celtic's average. Not so "small little English team Southampton" as Celtic fans like to make out!

Edited by Matthew Le God

Scottish Premier League vs English Championship

Celtic 50k

Rangers 45k

West Ham 29k

Southampton 26k

Derby 25k

Leeds 23k

Leicester 23k

Cardiff 22k

Nottingham Forest 22k

Hull 18k

Brighton 18k

Reading 18k

Birmingham 18k

Ipswich 18k

Middlesbrough 18k

Crystal Palace 15k

Coventry 14k

Portsmouth 14k

Burnley 14k

Bristol City 13k

Hearts 13k

Watford 12k

Blackpool 12k

Millwall 11k

Barnsley 10k

Doncaster 9k

Peterborough 9k

Hibs 9k

Aberdeen 9k

Dundee United 7k

Motherwell 5k

Kilmarnock 5k

Dunfermline 5k

St Mirren 4k

Inverness 4k

St. Johnstone 3k

I could take it further and look lower down the Football League...

- There are 5 clubs in League One and 1 club in League Two with higher attendances than the 4th biggest Scottish club Hibs.

- There are 4 clubs in League One with higher attendances than the 3rd biggest Scottish club Hearts.

Lol, you can always rely on Matthew to have the FACTS on hand!

love it.

Ha, can I have the lottery numbers whilst you're there?

[sTEREOTYPE]Oh probably not, you're Scottish, so you'll be a tight git.[/sTEREOTYPE]

The jock leagues a ****ing joke and you know it.

Why on earth its even mentioned on Sky Sports news as if its any standard of real football is beyond me. Southampton isn't as big a club as Celtic but we're easily no less than equals in terms of team ability.

Both Rangers and Celtic wouldn't even stay up in the Premiership. Wigan and Bolton would give them a good game and QPR would p*ss all over both of them.

At least one post referred to Celtic as "Taigs" a well known sectarian slur from the times of the troubles and about as acceptable as calling jews kikes.

Or as acceptable as the vast majority of Celtic fans referring to Rangers as Huns. This is why I would never welcome their teams down here. Sectarian bull****. Let them have each other in their ****ty sweaty league.

I'm still going for thick skate or at a push some other sad rival like 'BHA'.

If you're idea of a social life involves going on other team's fans' forums just so you can cause havoc you really need to reassess your priorities. I just thought you might like to see some of the grammatical errors in that sentence:

WONT -> WON'T

Comma after DO

wont -> won't

Normally a space after a full stop is the norm.

a -> I

dont -> don't

THE champions league (since it is a definitive noun)

Now the 'getting humped' bit I'm am unaware of that verb apart from in the sexual nature which wouldn't really apply here.

I hope that this lesson in grammar has jogged a few brain cells into life but perhaps if you re-invest your time into English lessons, you might have a better chance in life.

If you're idea of a social life involves going on other team's fans' forums just so you can cause havoc you really need to reassess your priorities. I just thought you might like to see some of the grammatical errors in that sentence:

WONT -> WON'T

Comma after DO

wont -> won't

Normally a space after a full stop is the norm.

a -> I

dont -> don't

THE champions league (since it is a definitive noun)

Now the 'getting humped' bit I'm am unaware of that verb apart from in the sexual nature which wouldn't really apply here.

I hope that this lesson in grammar has jogged a few brain cells into life but perhaps if you re-invest your time into English lessons, you might have a better chance in life.

Oh dear fail I'm afraid. Giving lessons in grammar and you don't know the difference between your and you're

Disappointed to see some of the slurs against Scotland on this thread, it just shows how small-minded some people are. Matthew Le God especially, knocking the Scottish education system in reply to the OP's comments when the OP is clearly just a moron and not indicative of a whole country! Plenty of people on this board who are Saints fans who can barely write a cohesive sentence with proper grammar and spelling.

Scotland is a beautiful country, with landscapes and scenery more beautiful than i've seen anywhere else in Europe. There are problems in the country, but nowhere on earth is a perfect utopia. The sectarian issue is a difficult one obviously, but there are equally problems in England with the likes of the EDL and their infiltriation into footballing culture with their false nationalism. And of course there are some idiots and arseholes that live in Scotland, but isn't that true of everywhere? It's far too easy for ill-informed people who have probably never even left England to make derogatory comments about Scotland and other countries and people they've never even met.

Edited by SuperMikey

Disappointed to see some of the slurs against Scotland on this thread, it just shows how small-minded some people are. Matthew Le God especially, knocking the Scottish education system in reply to the OP's comments when the OP is clearly just a moron and not indicative of a whole country! Plenty of people on this board who are Saints fans who can barely write a cohesive sentence with proper grammar and spelling.

It was a joke, a mild (probably unfunny) one at that. In any case, the Scots aren't a "race" and they have the same nationality as I do on their passports.

It's nothing to do with saints, but no player up there is worth 10m. Not even half that. They need to prove themselves in a proper league first. There's no nice way to say that, but it's true. It was average and went downhill. Those paying the ridiculously inflated fees for Old Firm players have regretted it. If a properly decent striker like Larsson pops up, you notice the goal tally, but that's very rare these days. I imagine some muppets will pay a fortune for Jelavic too. All seems to be based on a few champion's league games, yet that's the nature of the competition, it allows places for some pathetic leagues. As we've seen though, the other 'lesser' leagues of Europe have also overtaken Scotland, leaving the Old Firm struggling to qualify anyway.

The only excitement they have left is losing the title so they can make the following season a mission to win it back, and they can alternative with the rest of thr world not giving a solitary toss.

I seem to remember tha Aiden McGeady was the next big thing, with all sorts of premier league interest. He ended up at Spartak Moscow for £9.5m, but I don't think he's set the world alight there (I may be wrong), although clearly a good player. I know your not, but I don't think we can simply write off all Celtic products. It does validate your point about the need to prove themselves in a stronger league though - whilst I'm no expert on the Russian leagues, I can't believe it's too much different to Scotland in so far as a couple of well financed major players, and the remainder unknowns so i think its fair to say he has failed to live up to expectation - I'm sure the premier league players who considered investing in him aren't regretting it at that price!

I prepare myself to be corrected by MLG.

It was a joke, a mild (probably unfunny) one at that. In any case, the Scots aren't a "race" and they have the same nationality as I do on their passports.

I wasn't implying that the Scots are a race, but it was a slight on the country itself in my view. And anyway, if you're abiding by forum rules, you need to put a winky face after a joke! ;)

Well I’ve not got any particularly issue with the Jocks or Celtic fans (I’m more inclined to favour Rangers myself but to be honest it aint my war...and the ‘Gers do unfortunately play in similar colours to the bellringers) and ‘hooper88’ is about as Scottish as Rod Stewart.

But some of the nutters on here who say the Old Firm would be sh*te if they played down here are seriously f*cked up. Now I don’t ever want to see the Scots/Irish playing in the English leagues, I’d get rid of the Welsh clubs too if it I had a say, but if these clubs got the Prem TV money they’d attract decent players, could stick a minimum 20k on gates if the grounds could hold ‘em and they’d be up there fighting it out with the top 6 on a regular basis.

hooper88 is still a f*ckin’ retard tho.

No, they'll be given a choice and they have already inidcated they would rather be English!

And frankly,who the hell can blame them!

And it's nowt to do with goegraphy - otherwise the Falkands would be Argentian... ;)

i find that hard to believe as they couldn't stand any "sooth-moothers (south mouthers)" when i lived there, especially the English !

Scotland is a beautiful country, with landscapes and scenery more beautiful than i've seen anywhere else in Europe. There are problems in the country, but nowhere on earth is a perfect utopia. The sectarian issue is a difficult one obviously, but there are equally problems in England with the likes of the EDL and their infiltriation into footballing culture with their false nationalism. And of course there are some idiots and arseholes that live in Scotland, but isn't that true of everywhere? It's far too easy for ill-informed people who have probably never even left England to make derogatory comments about Scotland and other countries and people they've never even met.

I used to be a member of follow follow. Proper patriotic site it was too.

http://www.rangerspedia.org/index.php/FollowFollow

This one is a cracker as well

I've been to see Rangers play Hibs and Porto at Ibrox, Arsenal at the emirates tournament and was at the uefa cup final 2008 in Manchester where they lost to Zenit St Petersburg, everytime their support has been very impressive, 10,000 at the emirates all stood doing the bouncy. Proud people.

Def a skate WUM . The only reason. Celtic get 50k is Glasgow needed to accommodate Glaswegians doing community service week in week out . Lol yes saint mikey there are good parts about Scotland as well as equally bad areas . But it's not all rosy in the garden . Education is not all its cracked up to be either . Edinburg city if helped to screw up the tram system . I could mention more but Parts of englandshire are also crap

People who say don't spout sectarian b¶•¶s•it have short memories. The two last terrorist groups to kill innocent English civilians were Al Qaeda and the PIRA. The latter even blew up one of our local WW2 hero's Lord Louis Mountbatten. They also wounded one of my family members and shot dead my wifes cousin.

Celtic constantly chant songs worshipping the IRA, would the same do gooders also have the same opinion of if Celtic also chanted songs about the London Tube Bombings?

I am proud of my country and I find it horrendous that Celtic's anti British chanting should be excused. - Nothing to do with Saints I agree but this is my personal opinion and had to get it off my chest.

I've been to see Rangers play Hibs and Porto at Ibrox, Arsenal at the emirates tournament and was at the uefa cup final 2008 in Manchester where they lost to Zenit St Petersburg, everytime their support has been very impressive, 10,000 at the emirates all stood doing the bouncy. Proud people.

Their support is brilliant, i'd even say it's the best support in the land.

As for Celtic they remind of Scousers the way they play the victim card.

This typical Celtic fan is a perfect example of the point.

I had a mate you lived in central Manchester when Rangers came down for the UEFA final against Zenit. Said there were shedloads completely **** faced and still drinking in the street at 9 in the morning, saw a 'Gers couple taking it in turns to have a dump in a shop doorway. Proud people indeed.

People who say don't spout sectarian b¶•¶s•it have short memories. The two last terrorist groups to kill innocent English civilians were Al Qaeda and the PIRA. The latter even blew up one of our local WW2 hero's Lord Louis Mountbatten. They also wounded one of my family members and shot dead my wifes cousin.

Celtic constantly chant songs worshipping the IRA, would the same do gooders also have the same opinion of if Celtic also chanted songs about the London Tube Bombings?

I am proud of my country and I find it horrendous that Celtic's anti British chanting should be excused. - Nothing to do with Saints I agree but this is my personal opinion and had to get it off my chest.

Do they? All the time? All of them?

Acts of terrorism most probably have their roots in brainwashing that naturally follows on from "spouting sectarian bull****". As a greater man than you or I said "an eye for an eye will make us all blind" that's why I would never welcome either of those teams down to the English leagues

Totally agree, We should rise above taking the p1ss out of such a beautiful country.

Mind you with so many leaving to live elsewhere, most of the p1ss has already left & these days it's just exiled English living up ther after selling their bedsits in London and buying Mansions & Farms up there and saying God Bless BAA FlyBE & EasyJet.

So leave the beautiful scenery alone peeps and if you want to be nasty about a race how about ze French?

Well summed up. Not sure how any Englishman can have any sort of affinity with Celtic Football Club.