New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

So if we are going with the "Sweden" home kit, maybe we'll go with a "Sweden" style away kit?

Sweden+Euro+2012+Home-Away+kit

(obviously white with a red sash as per the 125 home kit)

And the sash is in fashion according to Chelsea

[http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/chelsea-12-13-adidas-away-football-shirt-d.jpg[/img]

Chelsea's away is also very similar to Spain's away (without the gradation) and LA Galaxy home (without the criss-cross pattern). It's an adidas 2012/13 "thing".

I'd be surprised if we had another sash, that would be a "detail" even the densest bimmer model would remember.

I can't decide who is the weirdest, those who claim to be ITK but lack the balls to tell us all what they know, or the tragically sad w_nkers who hang on their every word whilst jacking off ???

Seriously, what is wrong with your lives?

Clearly I don't have enough pairs of trainers.

Also, I haven't seen any ITKers on here who haven't said what they know.

So for those ITK, which is closer Itchen_Dan's mock-up or mulletsaints' ?

Well Mullet's is based on the actual template whilst Dan has already said he has done a later mock up which he hasn't shared, so at this point Mullet's, the stripes are narrower and in the right place (there's a central pair). Neither of them is close with the collar though.

Guys would someone who is ITK send me a pic or link for the new kit? The suspense is killing me!!!! :) Also, is anyone going to go to the Bristol City friendly on 7th August. Reckon I may pop on down since I am in bristol!

Guys would someone who is ITK send me a pic or link for the new kit? The suspense is killing me!!!! :) Also, is anyone going to go to the Bristol City friendly on 7th August. Reckon I may pop on down since I am in bristol!

I will go if I can crash at yours (for free) after?

PM me first and I will reply with info!!

Looks like someone has stolen a stripe! :D

Haha! Yes it does doesn't it? It just really appeals to me, not just because of the symmetry but because it's different whilst remaining very much "Saints" if that makes sense. As ID is ITK, I wonder if there is an element of truth in the design he posted.....or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part!

Haha! Yes it does doesn't it? It just really appeals to me, not just because of the symmetry but because it's different whilst remaining very much "Saints" if that makes sense. As ID is ITK, I wonder if there is an element of truth in the design he posted.....or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part!

It is totally wishful thinking. The designs we're discussing, and have more or less been for 15 pages, are :

Itchen Dan's mockups :

2l8uvt1.png

111jjuc.png

My "it looks like this without that collar"

541279_10150695709471931_708351930_9737854_370080977_n.jpg

And mulletsaint's overpainting of the Sweden shirt :

NEWSAINTSKIT.jpg

None of them have the right collar though.

I honestly reckon that 99.9% of people don't give a toss about the collar, or the style of stitching or the name of the lady that made the tea for the driver that drove the kit to the warehouse, they just want to know if the stripes look pretty.

I honestly reckon that 99.9% of people don't give a toss about the collar, or the style of stitching or the name of the lady that made the tea for the driver that drove the kit to the warehouse, they just want to know if the stripes look pretty.

The stripes look exactly like the Sweden kit in different colours, which is why the discussion is about the things we don't know.

Surprised there hasn't been more panic about the back yet though :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCcinPVW1V8GRjmb9L06qUcOFImsGTGmlLYudKPz9eJDfaqPzNJlyFPrQv

If it really looks like it supposedly looks there no way I'll be buying it. In the nicest possible way it looks gash.

I'm not overly fussed about the design, whether its stripes, sash, rank xerox, quarters, halves or even blooming hoops, the main thing is that it is red AND white. This is just red and terrible.

Teams in red are more likely to win championships.

Matthew Le Nerd will probably be flicking through his stat books to correct you, so I'll pre-empt him to state that while teams in red have won a total more championship titles than any other singular colour, this is statistically flawed by Liverpool and Manchester United inidividually winning so many titles but actually the variance across the range of different clubs to title wins compared to the colour kit they wear .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Matthew Le Nerd will probably be flicking through his stat books to correct you, so I'll pre-empt him to state that while teams in red have won a total more championship titles than any other singular colour, this is statistically flawed by Liverpool and Manchester United inidividually winning so many titles but actually the variance across the range of different clubs to title wins compared to the colour kit they wear .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

As opposed to someone making a completely unqualified statement about teams in red being more successful, you mean?

As opposed to someone making a completely unqualified statement about teams in red being more successful, you mean?

You must have in your nerd football kit archive a list of which colour kit has won the top league the most often, surely? Can you let us have it?

You must have in your nerd football kit archive a list of which colour kit has won the top league the most often, surely? Can you let us have it?

Here's a 29 page article on it http://qut.academia.edu/DavidSavage/Papers/226009/The_Red_Mist_Red_Shirts_Aggression_and_Team_Sports

and one from the opposing perspective : http://econpapers.repec.org/article/tafapeclt/v_3a18_3ay_3a2011_3ai_3a11_3ap_3a1001-1004.htm

and here's some statistical stuff : http://www.livescience.com/276-red-outfits-give-athletes-advantage.html

Go away and read them.

Next time you'll get a LMGTFY link. ;)

Also, this is probably the study quoted : http://www.dur.ac.uk/r.a.hill/Attrill_et_al_2008.pdf

Table I. Equivalent first three divisions in the English football

league (with current number of teams in each division) if teams are

ranked in order of percentage wins at home over the 1947 – 2003

period.

Rank Team Colour % wins Points/game

Division 1

1 Liverpool R 64.8 2.16

2 Man Utd R 61.2 2.07

3 Leeds W 57.0 1.96

4 Arsenal R 56.4 1.94

5 Reading B 55.7 1.90

6 Ipswich B 55.0 1.87

7 Newcastle O 54.1 1.85

8 Southampton R 53.8 1.86

9 Millwall B 53.7 1.86

10 Blackburn B 53.5 1.84

11 Tottenham W 53.5 1.83

12 Wolves Y 52.9 1.82

13 QPR B 52.6 1.84

14 Bristol Rovers B 52.4 1.84

15 Bristol City R 52.1 1.82

15 Southend B 52.1 1.82

17 Sheffield Utd R 52.0 1.81

17 Aston Villa O 52.0 1.81

19 Bournemouth R 51.9 1.82

20 Middlesborough R 51.9 1.81

Division 2

21 Everton B 51.8 1.83

22 Gillingham B 51.8 1.82

23 Man City B 51.8 1.79

24 Peterborough B 51.6 1.81

25 Burnley O 51.6 1.80

25 Brighton B 51.6 1.80

27 Derby W 51.6 1.78

28 Bolton W 51.4 1.79

29 Swansea W 51.3 1.78

30 Swindon R 51.2 1.80

30 Mansfield Y 51.2 1.80

32 Preston NE W 51.1 1.79

33 Chesterfield B 51.0 1.78

34 Tranmere W 51.0 1.77

35 Colchester B 50.9 1.79

36 Notts Forest R 50.9 1.78

37 Brentford R 50.8 1.78

38 Wrexham R 50.7 1.78

39 Plymouth O 50.6 1.78

40 Northampton O 50.6 1.76

41 Grimsby O 50.5 1.77

41 Luton W 50.5 1.77

43 Rotherham R 50.4 1.77

44 Stoke R 50.4 1.76

Division 3

45 Sunderland R 50.3 1.79

46 West Ham O 50.3 1.76

47 Sheffield Weds B 50.1 1.77

48 Stockport B 50.0 1.76

49 Bradford City Y 49.8 1.74

50 Carlisle B 49.7 1.74

51 Port Vale W 49.6 1.77

52 Barnsley R 49.6 1.75

53 Notts County O 49.5 1.74

53 Torquay Y 49.5 1.74

55 Huddersfield B 49.3 1.73

56 Norwich Y 49.2 1.76

57 Bury W 49.0 1.74

58 Oldham B 49.0 1.73

59 Coventry B 49.0 1.73

60 Hull Y 48.9 1.74

61 Watford Y 48.9 1.73

62 Chelsea B 48.7 1.73

62 Cardiff B 48.7 1.73

64 Blackpool Y 48.6 1.72

65 Newport County Y 48.6 1.70

66 Birmingham B 48.5 1.72

67 Shrewsbury O 48.3 1.72

68 Fulham W 48.2 1.71

Note: Data provided for % wins, mean points per game (as 3 points

for a win) and home shirt colour category (R ¼ red; B ¼ blue;

W¼ white; Y ¼ yellow or orange; O ¼ other colours or combinations (see text)).

The dominant home shirt colour for these 68 clubs

over the time period was determined and categorized

(using http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/index.htm).

These were: red (n ¼ 16), blue (23), all white (11),

and yellow-orange (9). Where a shirt was mainly one

colour plus some white, the team was categorized

under the colour. The few mixes of more than one

colour (e.g. red/blue) were placed in an ‘‘other’’

category, as were teams wearing shirts of a comparatively rare prime colour (e.g. green, black).

One day people will learn not to ask, but that thing about "more teams wearing red" isn't actually true to begin with. :D

I actually meant the top division. As I inferred by my previous mention to Manchester United and Liverpool, who have worn red shirts and between them won nearly 40 top league championships.

I did ask.

Yeah, it's in the pdf, can't cut and paste the tables.

"Figure 1. Proportion of teams winning the English football league

(1947 – 2003) within each shirt colour category, together with the

proportion of shirt colours in the top ranked 68 football teams

since 1946. Statistical analysis is not possible due to nonindependence of data from year to year."

Yeah, it's in the pdf, can't cut and paste the tables.

"Figure 1. Proportion of teams winning the English football league

(1947 – 2003) within each shirt colour category, together with the

proportion of shirt colours in the top ranked 68 football teams

since 1946. Statistical analysis is not possible due to nonindependence of data from year to year."

And for comparison, do you have a list just of the amount of clubs in red that have won the championship compared to the amount of clubs in various other colours that have won it?

And for comparison, do you have a list just of the amount of clubs in red that have won the championship compared to the amount of clubs in various other colours that have won it?

I do know we should never again have red and white stripes and RED SLEEVES.

Sunderland in such a kit - relegated.

Sheffield United in such a kit - relegated.

Southampton in such a kit - relegated.

FACT. FACT. FACT!

Yup, all in the link.

FACT. FACT. FACT!

True. The best kit we've ever had:

southampton-home-football-shirt-1976-1977-s_11785_1.jpg

FACT. FACT. FACT!

We also got relegated in a kit with red and white striped sleeves. As did Sheffield United in 1994. And Sunderland finished 7th in 1999/2000 with red sleeves. FACT.

True. The best kit we've ever had:

southampton-home-football-shirt-1976-1977-s_11785_1.jpg

I just bought one of those, framed and signed by the FA Cup winning team members... Looked great in a hospitality suite at Fontwell Racecourse, just fitted in the boot of the estate car. Now in my garage as I do not have a wall big enough to hang the fecking thing!!!!

I just bought one of those, framed and signed by the FA Cup winning team members... Looked great in a hospitality suite at Fontwell Racecourse, just fitted in the boot of the estate car. Now in my garage as I do not have a wall big enough to hang the fecking thing!!!!

I made that mistake once. Although it ended up at work on my wall, behind my desk, staring at a Pompey fan who sat opposite me. So, swings and roundabouts really....