New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

Blimey, some progress on here since the last time I looked.

I hate the new Lille kits but I doubt we're getting that.

Since I last posted the club has dropped the price of the 2011/12 kit by 50% so forget any idea of having the yellow as a third kit - but this model has now basically confirmed the home kit and mentioned a white away - so we're clashing with Stoke and Sunderland f'sure!

I had a closer look at the image I've seen, and it may be just the poor quality of the image, but I think the twin pinstripe effect (there are 7 pairs of pinstripes, like the Sweden kit) might actually have one grey pinstripe and one white one paired up. Could just be the quality of the pic though.

The collar is a plainer red than the multi-tone of Dan's mock up. Haven't seen seen the sleeves,but they are plain and cuffless on the Sweden shirt

Oh and Rabbit, that Barca wannabe fake is hideous, don't ever get a job where you have to draw stuff. ;)

Edited by The9

Sorry if this has been asked before, does anyone know when the kit will be released?

I am surprised the club didn't release it early this year, to maximise sales because of the high of back to back promotions, but they know what they are doing I'm sure.

Based on last year's debacle I'm pretty sure they had no idea what they were doing. Huge promotion season, then a 3 month wait and both shirts first worn on the same night, presales for a kit no-one had seen, absolute shambles.

Rumour is "after the Euros".

I wonder if the players ever get consulted as well? Surely they have to feel comfortable wearing it. I am thinning about that awful Everton pink away kit here :)

Pretty sure the players don't have any say in it and wearing hideous kit is just another part of the job. I don't think pink kits are that bad, Everton originally did it for breast cancer awareness and it was a natural evolution. Having Salmon Pink in your history is always going to open the door to that kind kind of thing too.

The world is waiting to see our red and white stripes on the Premiership pitches again. That is all that matters.

No need for anything fancy or retro. We are the future now.

So just a bold red and white statement is all that is necessary.

Even more important to me is how the kit's going to be cut.

I don't wan't to squeeze my belly into one of those modern body / slim cut kits... :(

Can't stand those even at people who can allow themselves to wear them...

Also, you'll know soon enough anyway.

There's now loads of evidence all pointing at the same thing, firstly from rumours on here, then some people have seen pics and the model for the photoshoot has also said the same thing on twitter. I might post the pic I've seen on here, but not until AFTER the launch, and only then if it's ok with the guy who gave it to me.

The world is waiting to see our red and white stripes on the Premiership pitches again. That is all that matters.

No need for anything fancy or retro. We are the future now.

So just a bold red and white statement is all that is necessary.

Bit contradictory? Stripes or a bold red and white statement?

There's now loads of evidence all pointing at the same thing, firstly from rumours on here, then some people have seen pics and the model for the photoshoot has also said the same thing on twitter. I might post the pic I've seen on here, but not until AFTER the launch, and only then if it's ok with the guy who gave it to me.

whats the point in that?

So Itchen Dan's predominately red top with thin white stripes is pretty close to the final design then?

whats the point in that?

To prove to some that there are others really ITK. In the words of Kipling " If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too"

I have no doubts at all that Katalinic and The 9 know what the Shirt is like. However the Shorts and Socks are still unknow.

I'll wait to see it before passing judgement, but if it is predominantly red with white 'pin-stripes' as most are suggesting it will be a crying shame. Sounds like that Brighton kit of a year or so ago, which in turn looked like a generic 'Bukta style' local football league kit.

We could easily change the design yet retain the classic red & white stripes. Umbro have produced some half decent kits recently, so let's hope they don't f*ck it up too badly.

To prove to some that there are others really ITK. In the words of Kipling " If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, But make allowance for their doubting too"

I have no doubts at all that Katalinic and The 9 know what the Shirt is like. However the Shorts and Socks are still unknow.

I'm not ITK, but I know someone who is...

By collarless I mean no flappy collar, it's a v-neck with conventional elasticated looking v

I do vaguely recall someone said there were a couple of flashes of white on the collar, but I haven't seen where, it's not at the front.

Edited by The9

What a shame. Ditching our tradition to become yet another 'generic' red shirted team. Oh well, at least it enables them to go back to R&W stripes the year after...

Theres 3 red shirts and 3 red and white stripes in the PL. All 3 red shirt teams are very easy to tell apart (white sleeves, all red and Man U) but not the red and white stripe teams. Then youve got Sheff U, Exeter, Brentford etc

I think Saints should have kept the sash, it was distinctive.

Theres 3 red shirts and 3 red and white stripes in the PL. All 3 red shirt teams are very easy to tell apart (white sleeves, all red and Man U) but not the red and white stripe teams. Then youve got Sheff U, Exeter, Brentford etc

I think Saints should have kept the sash, it was distinctive.

or the Keegan era kit.

If you're going to try and make money from kits every year, why not change them a fair bit. Rather have lots loving and hating than the tradition 'have they changed anything?' that greets many shirts. Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs in particular.

I don't get your logic. If it's changed, it's changed. Whether it's changed a little bit or a lot doesn't make much difference to the people who are going to buy it anyway. The people who decide on a consumer basis will have a number of different personal reasons and tastes, and trying to appeal to them all is a guaranteed way of pleasing no-one

I'd have thought the LAST thing the club would want to do in it's first season back in the top flight for 7 years is to dilute and confuse their branding for the international audience by not wearing the club's traditional shirt style.

I still think there's money to be made by coming out and stating a kit and sponsor won't change for 4 years, asking for £50 for it, only changing the away kit every year and reducing the cost of the shirt by £10 per season over that period. Pretty much everyone who is ever going to buy a club shirt will buy one then, and by the time the next one is out, there's massive loyalty and guaranteed sales because the fan knows they're getting something with longevity, that won't be defunct within 9 months and only worn a few times

It strengthens the brand - whether it will raise as much money as launching new kits every season who knows but no-one has really tested that loyalty in a POSITIVE way yet have they?

I still think there's money to be made by coming out and stating a kit and sponsor won't change for 4 years, asking for £50 for it, only changing the away kit every year and reducing the cost of the shirt by £10 per season over that period. Pretty much everyone who is ever going to buy a club shirt will buy one then, and by the time the next one is out, there's massive loyalty and guaranteed sales because the fan knows they're getting something with longevity, that won't be defunct within 9 months and only worn a few times

It strengthens the brand - whether it will raise as much money as launching new kits every season who knows but no-one has really tested that loyalty in a POSITIVE way yet have they?

My current shirt has a flaky aap3 logo as it is. Not sure I'd get another 3 years out of it!

What about people who grow? Or lose/gain weight?

My current shirt has a flaky aap3 logo as it is. Not sure I'd get another 3 years out of it!

What about people who grow? Or lose/gain weight?

How is that any worse than needing to buy a replacement every season just because the club decided to change it?

Obviously one of the prerequisites would be that the kit could actually last 4 years of normal wearing. By which I don't mean brickies and kids who never take it off.

So, red and white stripes is not generic either?

Not for us it isn't!!

Not quite sure what the clamour is for us to wear a mock Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal style kit. Call me old fashioned, but Saints ARE red and white stripes. Can you imagine Sunderland switching to all red shirts? I'm a traditionalist, but clearly out of tune with the rest of you..

Still, will reserve judgement until I see it. If it has enough white in it (eg Keegan era kit) it will be tolerable.

Not for us it isn't!!

Not quite sure what the clamour is for us to wear a mock Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal style kit. Call me old fashioned, but Saints ARE red and white stripes. Can you imagine Sunderland switching to all red shirts? I'm a traditionalist, but clearly out of tune with the rest of you..

Still, will reserve judgement until I see it. If it has enough white in it (eg Keegan era kit) it will be tolerable.

Agree with you about the Saints strip, and I'd like to see it stay traditional rather than the 'red with minor white trims' that seem to be speculated on here.

Sunderland by the way did move away from their traditional kit in the early 80's when they opted for white with red pinstripes ! Red shorts as well. A prety unpopular Le Coq creation and changed after two seasons.

Sunderland by the way did move away from their traditional kit in the early 80's when they opted for white with red pinstripes ! Red shorts as well. A prety unpopular Le Coq creation and changed after two seasons.

Sorry, yes you are right - but hey, they were the crazy experimental days of the 80's!!

Looking at Arsenals's new kit, seems to be quite a continentl European influence coming in. If the mock-ups on here are to be believed, we're going for more of a 'non-league' look. Fingers crossed Umbro do a better job than some of the posters on here have imagined!

I think that would be a great idea. It might even increase sales with people buying long and short sleeve versions.

Sorry, yes you are right - but hey, they were the crazy experimental days of the 80's!!

Looking at Arsenals's new kit, seems to be quite a continentl European influence coming in. If the mock-ups on here are to be believed, we're going for more of a 'non-league' look. Fingers crossed Umbro do a better job than some of the posters on here have imagined!

Actually, thinking of that kit, it does seem to be a reversed colour version of what we are planning... Yuk!

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/products/product_details.aspx?pid=39686