New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

The Keegan era shirt everyone seems to love surely needs another go soon. Especially with Sunderland and Stoke having red/white stripes, it'd be nice to look unique.

I don't get why we haven't milked it either. Posted a couple of recent Umbro designs similar to it on the previous page.

Afraid that anyone wanting anything other than red with white stripes will be disappointed. Unless of course there's a striped kit hiding somewhere and the red one is the away ? This thought has only just occurred to me.

Aye' date=' but could put up with the hair to have a Beckenbauer, Maier, Hoeness, Breitner, Gerd Muller types in the side though ;-)[/quote']

I didn't know Mick Channon played in goal for them.

Kit doesn't look like that btw.

I just hope that the aap3 logo is made of something that doesn't crack and start peeling off this time. Loved the design, fit and material quality of the shirt just gone, but the sponsor panel on mine looks like ****e now.

I just hope that the aap3 logo is made of something that doesn't crack and start peeling off this time. Loved the design, fit and material quality of the shirt just gone, but the sponsor panel on mine looks like ****e now.

Yep, mine is falling off and cracking too. Also the material stains really easily, the only washes that would shift them would cause the aap3 logo to fall off!

Didn't say I had or hadn't before, did I ?

I know the collar's a red v-neck, and it's similar to the Sweden kit.

So does it have stripes ? , one colour more predominant than the other ?

Any other clues you can share ?

If you read the whole thread then you can piece it together. More than one person on here has it spot on.

From the last read of the thread , it seemed to be heading towards either white with red pinstripes, or red with white pinstripes. Either way, far from excited by the prospect.

Regardless of what it looks like, any chance of it being available by 24th June?

That's my sons 5th birthday and all he wants is a new Saints shirt or he's leaving home!!!

Rumour on here is that it'll be out "after the Euros", which finish on Sunday 1st July. Our first currently known friendly is 14th July, though last season we weirdly played a load of pre-season games in the previous season's away kit before it was replaced.

Though of course if what is meant is "when England are out and people stop caring" that could be as soon as 15th June, ho-ho.

I don't understand, this is supposed to be a forum that shares information. I know I have and many others do.

I can understand why somebody might not post an image but what frustrates me is all the ***** teasing that goes on.

If you seen the kit just ****ing tell us what it's like you won't go to prison ffs.

I don't understand, this is supposed to be a forum that shares information. I know I have and many others do.

I can understand why somebody might not post an image but what frustrates me is all the ***** teasing that goes on.

If you seen the kit just ****ing tell us what it's like you won't go to prison ffs.

Try telling that to that kid from Norwich. Or someone who may have signed a piece of Cortese stamped paper.

Try telling that to that kid from Norwich. Or someone who may have signed a piece of Cortese stamped paper.

Yeah because he posted an actual photo of the kit, a description is entirely different.

There are easy ways to get your message across without being sued.

The kit is one example, there are many more. It just becomes a **** measuring exercise.

What, that there will be stripes of some description?

Katalinic knows what it looks like, he's said previously in this thread.

However, he can't say so keeps giving subtle hints throughout the course of the 6 pages that make up this thread.

It WILL be like the Sweden home shirt, and either pure red with white pin-stripes OR red and white strips with white pinstripes....that's what I gathered anyway.

I can assure you that the intention is not to wind anybody up or play the ITK game. I have passed on as much info as I feel comfortable with and without compromising either myself or someone else. It isn't always as black and white as you make out and colinjb makes a good point in a response to your post. The alternative is to say absolutely nothing but on balance I believe that most posters prefer knowing something than nothing.

so its gonna be like the new sweden kit...so thats pin stripes then. The red with white looked aufull (80s Lpool).

Anyone done a picture of the reverse? (no i havent gone through the whole thread). Unfortunately this aint sounding too good , but i have faith in the Don and his sense of style.

PS. If we want to save money , then bulk buy the sweden shirt and we have the away kit done. cheap an easy!

Both of these are great and in fact I actually prefer the white sleeves as there's more white involved - clearly there's the Arse connection bit it's quite different for us - will cause a stir beyond the club I would imagine. I would buy these shirts f'sure as they are different (I like different) and I didn't buy last years for obvious reasons.

The first is a copy of Arsenal and the second a copy of Liverpool - ugh! to both, let's have something far more original, after all...

WE are Southampton! We are top of the fashion league.

... and they call ME a gooner!

Is it just me or are there a lot more people wearing the latest replica kits these days. Watching the Coventry game on TV there was a very large percentage of people wearing this seasons kit. I noticed it last season too, most people seemed to be wearing the 125 anniversary shirt. In the past there always seemed to be a more varied blend of kits from other seasons.

Not complaining, it looks good IMO.

I think that's becuse the last two shirts have actually been nice! Good design and good quality products. The few years before that were pretty poor in my opinion, especially the one with the massive bumper sticker on the front. I bought this season's shirt because it was a nice design. I'll only buy next year's if it's nice too!

Away shirt was 1/2 price in West Quay shop yesterday, not sure if this means new away kit in yellow?!? Not in ITK just reporting facts!!

We're replacing both kits, just like we have for the past 4 years of the Umbro contract. I'm hopeful that due to the design of the home kit, we'll have the reverse as an away kit, and then keep the yellow for thirds due to clashes, but the fact they've actually reduced it (I haven't checked yet), suggests that's not going to happen, so the away kit probably isn't going to be white.

I would just like to say that the new kit is awesome, and by far the best kit we have ever had, once you get used to the collar.

Haven't seen the away kit yet.

LOLz. It is definitely not the collar people are going to have problems with.

Edited by The9

We're replacing both kits, just like we have for the past 4 years of the Umbro contract. I'm hopeful that due to the design of the home kit, we'll have the reverse as an away kit, and then keep the yellow for thirds due to clashes, but the fact they've actually reduced it (I haven't checked yet), suggests that's not going to happen, so the away kit probably isn't going to be white.

Just checked, away shirts are now 50% off in the online store as stated. They only have XL and upwards (or small in a long sleeved). Shorts are reduced too (again S or 3XL only). Strange as they had loads in stock a few weeks back, I wonder if they hoovered them up giving them to the teams for corporate on-pitch events ?

Scrap that for a "third kit" then. I wonder if they've reduced the cost of the away socks, they never got around to putting those online ?

Edited by The9

I would just like to say that the new kit is awesome, and by far the best kit we have ever had, once you get used to the collar.

Haven't seen the away kit yet.

The away kit is good too. Im a bit of a traditionalist so will miss the shorts, but a lot of the casuals will like the thong.

Maybe the away kit will just be the Sweden kit then. Just replace the Sweden badge with a Saints one.

I haven't got a problem with that; just as long as they don't put f*cking white socks with it again, that looked bloody awful.

Maybe the away kit will just be the Sweden kit then. Just replace the Sweden badge with a Saints one.

We've rotated away colours all the way through the Umbro contract :

2008/9 Charcoal

2009/10 Navy

2010/11 Black

2011/12 Yellow

so I doubt we'll just go for another yellow. Especially if the thinking behind the home kit is something "different" because people don't already have one like it.