New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

I'm bored so back on the kit templates. Going by the rumours and the ITK on here, this is supposedly what it'll look like. God help Cortese if he releases this...

2l8uvt1.png

Quite like that! Think it could be a big seller after initial reservations.

The person was probably making a statement, after all Adam Lallana is a premier league player now, he achieved this wearing the current shirt. The underlying issue here is that you are actually quite cross about it, there are people out there who can help you with your issues.

They were at least AS likely to be just making the statement that they don't pay attention to the shirt numbers, I think.

I'm not that bothered, it's their problem if they want to go around looking silly. As I said, we weren't even promoted at that point.

Well it looks like its going to be if you like it or not. And if we do well in it everyone will remember it. Do you think people would still love the Keegan kit if it had been worn in the era relegation stuggles and worn by the likes of Gordon Hobson and Gerry Forest?

I would, I loved the amber and black version worn by Newport County in their Third Division mediocrity as well... though admittedly that was a bit of a peak for them.

I think I'm going to stick to pondering the away kit. I would like the reverse of that, just to readdress the red/white imbalance. It would also extend the life of my yellow shirt, hopefully. Now there's a shirt that might have been worth gambling some Prem numbers on.

Well it looks like its going to be if you like it or not. And if we do well in it everyone will remember it. Do you think people would still love the Keegan kit if it had been worn in the era relegation stuggles and worn by the likes of Gordon Hobson and Gerry Forest?

It's a fair point, most of the fondly remembered shirts are associated with success. Interesting that during our years of stunning attacking play under Chris Nichol we wore some truly malignant Hummel kits... despite the players who wore those shirts they are certainly not well loved.

And yes, my own personal opinion matters not, yet it seems i'm not alone in finding it a bit too literally sticking to the 'come on you reds.....' chant.

Just as a little side note, I think a few of you may like this design! :)

2r7an9j.png

Quite like that.

Don't like the red with white pinstripes thing. Hope we don't go down that route, never like the plain red kits, although loved the Denmark Hummell one, which did have quite a lot of red.

For our first season back I hope we wear stripes. It's our thing. Give it a couple of seasons - say when we are Champions League regulars with a fanbase stretching to Truro - before we start "experimenting".

Oh, and the kit should be - red and white stripes, black shorts, white socks. To much buggering about with that in recent times for my liking. Not red socks. Not black socks. Stripy socks at a push. But white really.

saintstop-1.jpg

Like that kit. Quite liked an old mock up shown on here that was very much like the old Rank Xerox kit. That was a classic. Still have the Saints Hummel and Coventry Hummel (FA Cup winning) kits. Loved that Danish style kit. Kid at school came in with it one day and I thought it was the best kit I'd ever seen!!

It's the last year of our Umbro contract, they already have a number of shirts with this template, I don't understand why Cortese hasn't seen the love for the Rank Xerox and given us a version of this Hearts kit from 2010 :

4811772036_de52df7246.jpg

or something in a "Winchester" like this Wrexham shirt, with white in the middle and the "tapes" in black :

wrexham-10-11-umbro-home-shirt-a.jpg

Just for the hell of it btw, I found one of last season's kit threads when googling : http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://geckosaint.com/SFC-kit-history-22.png&imgrefurl=http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php%3F28897-Time-for-a-quot-new-kit-quot-thread/page3&usg=__z7x94IM-mmCDQysjLzIQSqKVen8=&h=264&w=604&sz=9&hl=en&start=18&zoom=1&tbnid=gcr1V5_5UeG7hM:&tbnh=59&tbnw=135&ei=-brET5zjN46p8QPIwYG5Cg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dumbro%2Bwinchester%2Bwrexham%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3DN%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1

Every year we just prove that some people on this site have a lot more talent for kit design than the people actually designing our kit! Makes the finished article even more of a let down.

One of the people on this site DID design the kit(s) in 2006/7 remember ? And people moaned like hell about that too.

One of the people on this site DID design the kit(s) in 2006/7 remember ? And people moaned like hell about that too.
Yeah cos it was ****e. I have alot more trust in umbro, of course it is up to the club to choose what they want however.

Yeah cos it was ****e. I have alot more trust in umbro, of course it is up to the club to choose what they want however.

I am referring to

southampton-home-football-shirt-2006-2008-s_14399_1.jpg

southampton-away-football-shirt-2007-2008-s_17370_1.jpg

baseya2.jpg

Which I think are all pretty decent, apart from the long sleeved shirts were too short in the sleeve.

Yes, the one with black sleeves. After the quality of many of the mock ups, that actual shirt was poor though.

I liked the time we got to vote on it.

I couldn't remember which season, but it was the final one at the Dell : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/1111795.stm

That was the one worn in the last league match at the Dell and in the 2001-2 and 2002-3 season (and therefore the first season at St Mary's and the FA Cup semi-final too).

2001_to_2003_southampton_home_shirt_sina.jpg

I didn't vote, wasn't able to get in for most of 2000/1...

I am referring to

southampton-home-football-shirt-2006-2008-s_14399_1.jpg

southampton-away-football-shirt-2007-2008-s_17370_1.jpg

baseya2.jpg

Which I think are all pretty decent, apart from the long sleeved shirts were too short in the sleeve.

Think the 2006-08 (S) shirts were the worst ever. They were terrible to wear, looked like ****e and were poorly made with shockingly cheap materials.

The only one I liked was the 2006/07 Black away shirt as I thought it was rather smart, it was awful to wear as it made you sweat like a fat man rowing a boat, but at least it was decent.

Really hope we stay with Umbro after 2012/13 as I think there kits have (on the whole) been excellent compared with the latter years of the (S) days. Think the new adidas low-rent kits that everyone and there uncle are getting in the Prem these days are nowhere near the quality of recent Umbro shirts IMHO.

Just look at WBA/Stoke/Swansea kits, absolutely terrible and the same exact template on each. Sunderland will also have Adidas kits next season, and Bolton too (in the FLC).

Only us and Man City will wear Umbro kits next season.

Just as a little side note, I think a few of you may like this design! :)

2r7an9j.png

Anyone consider the possibility of rather than a double white stripe in the middle it may just be normal alternate stripes, meaning one white sleeve one red? Might look really lop sided and wrong or could look really smart.

Several references to the red with white pinstripe in this thread. I remember Bayern Munich wearing something similar in the 1970's :

FCBayernMunich_GloryDays

Looks like a red version of Brighton's home kit 2010/11.

Bloody hell trophies have come on well since they give out car hubs for winning.

Re-designed to have a white sponsor and a plain white collar. One all red, another red with white cuffs and another with white sleeves and red cuffs.

sxd737.png 2liaix3.png

Both of these are great and in fact I actually prefer the white sleeves as there's more white involved - clearly there's the Arse connection bit it's quite different for us - will cause a stir beyond the club I would imagine. I would buy these shirts f'sure as they are different (I like different) and I didn't buy last years for obvious reasons.