New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

We are doing it the Southampton way, how many time FFS? They have all got it wrong, we have got it right.

For future reference, my attitude to that is "so far doing it our way works regarding on-pitch activity, but not in every aspect of everything the club does off it, especially where fans are concerned".

Oh, and wondering if the GK shirts seen on Soccer Aid might be next season's Umbro style, haven't seen them before. Seen the "Winchester" outfield shirts loads though, they're a couple of years old.

tumblr_m4kr1qNUlH1qlbowdo1_1280.jpg

EDIT : Have since spotted it in the Teamwear 2013 range, so probably not :

61341Ufirst_med.png

Edited by The9

Other new teamwear styles from Umbro :

Classic and Aston - the former is the new Canada kit and the latter, last season's Blackburn away (and Saints away without the contrasting sleeve colour). But by definition these aren't going to be "new" shirts for the forthcoming season, they're now basically parks kits...

61336Ufirst_med.png

61338Ufirst_med.png

Not another one, I think I will stick some Prem badges on the current shirt....that will confuse some fans

I saw someone with "Lallana 20" in Prem number style on the 2011/12 shirt in the last few weeks of last season, utterly pointless - just flat out wrong to have Prem numbers when we're never wearing that shirt in the Prem anyway.

My guess is it will be just like Man City's kit but in all red with faded white pins stripes

Yuk and bloody boring.

Would love a reverse colours slash as it was a biggests selling shirt which tells the club we liked it.

If it does end up being the red with white pinstripes, I'd love our away kit to be white with red pinstripes, which I think looks miles better anyway. We could then keep this season's yellow as a third kit for the inevitable "double clashes".

If it does end up being the red with white pinstripes, I'd love our away kit to be white with red pinstripes, which I think looks miles better anyway. We could then keep this season's yellow as a third kit for the inevitable "double clashes".

I thought you knew what we're going to end up with already.

They sound equally bad - hope its neither.

I saw someone with "Lallana 20" in Prem number style on the 2011/12 shirt in the last few weeks of last season, utterly pointless - just flat out wrong to have Prem numbers when we're never wearing that shirt in the Prem anyway.

Unbelievable. There really are some sick people in this world.

The utter b@stard!!! He wants stringing up, how dare he!!?? What is wrong with people??? AAAAARRRGGGHH If I ever meet the sick f*ck I'll gouge his eyes out.....fuming now!!!

How can you have a "double clash" between a red shirt and a white shirt?

How can you have a "double clash" between a red shirt and a white shirt?

Well, I would have thought that having a red kit and a white kit would be a problem when playing a team wearing red and white stripes (like, say, Sunderland or Stoke) might be the obvious answer...

Unbelievable. There really are some sick people in this world.

The utter b@stard!!! He wants stringing up, how dare he!!?? What is wrong with people??? AAAAARRRGGGHH If I ever meet the sick f*ck I'll gouge his eyes out.....fuming now!!!

God you two are tedious. It was a woman anyway, I'm assuming that means she shouldn't have been at the match in the first place or something... :rolleyes:

I heard the collar was a lot plainer than the Sweden shirt, and I'd also guess that the sponsor could be just white this year. I'm intrigued to know what colour the shorts and socks are though.

Re-designed to have a white sponsor and a plain white collar. One all red, another red with white cuffs and another with white sleeves and red cuffs.

aewdqe.png sxd737.png 2liaix3.png

The b*stard love child of Arsenal and Liverpool. With hints of Middlesborough.

That's just not a Saints kit.

Presumably the theory is that Saints fans will buy something different because of what happened with the sash kit. I think they've misjudged the audience - the sash sold well because it looked like a polo shirt, and was quite plain, a historically classic and legitimately retro style, and could also be worn away from football reasonably enough.

Plus it was a ONE-OFF, an exception !

This thing looks like one of loads of Saints red training tops I've seen so it's not unique (and a 1994-ish Forest kit), it has no historical basis, doesn't look "classic" and I think people will dump all over it. The shorts and socks might tone down the overall look, but at first glance, euw.

Going to find a pic of that Forest shirt...

Edited by The9

Why? It's nice.

I think it's bloody horrible as a Saints kit. I liked the Forest shirt, I liked the classic Liverpool Crown Paints kit, but they're both teams who traditionally play in predominantly red. If the white stripes were about 4 times the thickness I'd probably like it.

Why? It's nice.

It's just not Saints. If it was white with red pinstripes I think it'd be better. Saints are actually White and Red (White Shirt with Red Stripes) rather than Red and White (Red shirt with White Stripes).

If it is released, it won't be a big hit but I think after a couple of friendlies, it will grow on a lot of people and then go on to be a big hit like last years kit but I don't think it'll have the same initial impact.

I think it's bloody horrible as a Saints kit. I liked the Forest shirt, I liked the classic Liverpool Crown Paints kit, but they're both teams who traditionally play in predominantly red. If the white stripes were about 4 times the thickness I'd probably like it.

I like it. It's something a bit different.

It's just not Saints. If it was white with red pinstripes I think it'd be better. Saints are actually White and Red (White Shirt with Red Stripes) rather than Red and White (Red shirt with White Stripes).

If it is released, it won't be a big hit but I think after a couple of friendlies, it will grow on a lot of people and then go on to be a big hit like last years kit but I don't think it'll have the same initial impact.

One of the most popular kits we've ever had was the 1985 one which was red with white and black bits on the shoulder.

Your post made you sound like a 12 year old, apologies if that is your age.

I just can't understand why someone would spend £42 on a shirt, and then however much Prem number printing is at JJB (just checked, it's £10 usually), just to turn the shirt into something with no basis in reality. I can understand people putting their own name on a shirt (even their username!), or getting a slogan, or a tribute, but I just don't know why you'd go out of your way to make it look "wrong". It wasn't as if we were even promoted at the time.

I just can't understand why someone would spend £42 on a shirt, and then however much Prem number printing is at JJB (just checked, it's £10 usually), just to turn the shirt into something with no basis in reality. I can understand people putting their own name on a shirt (even their username!), or getting a slogan, or a tribute, but I just don't know why you'd go out of your way to make it look "wrong". It wasn't as if we were even promoted at the time.

I'm getting this seasons shirt with Shaw - 3 on the back, the champions league badge and the number 5, basge of honour next to it for how many times we will have won it by 2020. If that's alright with you of course.

Why? It's nice.

As something on it's own..... ok, not a bad football shirt. But it's not a Saints home kit.... it's a Forest home kit, a Liverpool home kit.... A miscelaneous shirt for a team whose primary colour is red.

That is not a Saints kit. Our primary colours are Red and White, evenly.... arguably with more bias to white. (The '76 home kit and Sash kit stick out as examples for this.... The Mid 80's Red with White/Black shoulder flashes is not a favourite of mine, again, it just doesn't look right.)

One of the most popular kits we've ever had was the 1985 one which was red with white and black bits on the shoulder.

How are you judging popularity, as you're not talking about shirt sales ?

Even allowing for the fledgling replica sales market back then, there are still loads more of the previous broad striped Patrick replicas (Rank Xerox usually) still popping up out there on eBay, whilst the "plain red" are only around in matchworns and are really rare. You'd have expected a "popular" shirt to get a big run like the previous shirt had.

I'm getting this seasons shirt with Shaw - 3 on the back, the champions league badge and the number 5, basge of honour next to it for how many times we will have won it by 2020. If that's alright with you of course.

I would regard that as some kind of hilarious Turkish parody, so that would be fine. I'd advise waiting on the squad numbers though.

The person was probably making a statement, after all Adam Lallana is a premier league player now, he achieved this wearing the current shirt. The underlying issue here is that you are actually quite cross about it, there are people out there who can help you with your issues.

As something on it's own..... ok, not a bad football shirt. But it's not a Saints home kit.... it's a Forest home kit, a Liverpool home kit.... A miscelaneous shirt for a team whose primary colour is red.

That is not a Saints kit. Our primary colours are Red and White, evenly.... arguably with more bias to white. (The '76 home kit and Sash kit stick out as examples for this.... The Mid 80's Red with White/Black shoulder flashes is not a favourite of mine, again, it just doesn't look right.)

Well it looks like its going to be if you like it or not. And if we do well in it everyone will remember it. Do you think people would still love the Keegan kit if it had been worn in the era relegation stuggles and worn by the likes of Gordon Hobson and Gerry Forest?

that pin stripe shirt is hideous.

Looks like a league 2 shirt.

I never quite understand the link people make between footballing ability and shirt designers' ability. Some of the best shirts I've seen have come from smaller manufacturers, and some of the worst have been worn by huge teams.

The new Man U home kit is one of the worst designs I have seen in some time, and even though it's probably well made, it looks like a crappy cheap tartan rug with some logos on it. And by all accounts, they're quite a good side.

I generally don't like "screen printed" shirts, which look like cheap quality compared to some of the recent Umbro "Tailored By" range - I guess we'll have to see whether it looks cheap or decent.