New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

Did we not used to have a very red top? There was one with shoulder white bits, but there was a whole red shirt? Or did I dream this?

Must have been 85/86

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SOUTHAMPTON-FRAMED-FOOTBALL-POSTER-THROUGH/dp/B002WTSKAO

We had all red shirts as a 3rd kit in the early 80s - worn at West Brom. QPR and in the FA Cup at Blackburn

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Articles/iconic-change-kits.html

Thought i'd do a quick one...given that we are going to be the new Barcelona...may as well copy their kit and go a bit retro Keegan at the same time

...and i don't care if the collar is wrong or the umbro logo is in the wrong place or it's last seasons model blah blah blah blah blah, it's a concept idea @ the9 :)

Barca-Kit-2012-13-Nike-02.jpg

zsfcbarcelona.png

Thought i'd do a quick one...given that we are going to be the new Barcelona...may as well copy their kit and go a bit retro Keegan at the same time

...and i don't care if the collar is wrong or the umbro logo is in the wrong place or it's last seasons model blah blah blah blah blah, it's a concept idea @ the9 :)

Barca-Kit-2012-13-Nike-02.jpg

zsfcbarcelona.png

Looks like the family's clothes after my ex had done the laundry.

zsfcbarcelona.png

I would be incredibly happy with this (a shame that it wont happen though!)

Who is she then ?

Think she's a photographer, or possibly a stylist...her twitter profile doesn't really give much a way, but she has pics of the SMS changing rooms and the huge saints logo outside SMS before tweeting that ^^^ so looks legit enough.

Think she's a photographer, or possibly a stylist...her twitter profile doesn't really give much a way, but she has pics of the SMS changing rooms and the huge saints logo outside SMS before tweeting that ^^^ so looks legit enough.

She's a model. Said on twitter she was wearing the kit.

Oh. I wasn't sure about my mock up myself but if it's worse.... could this go down as one of the worst in our history?!

That is something I'm preparing myself for inview of both The9's and Katalinic's hints to date.

Another update

AmandaRushforth: @danbsfc im not a football fan so unfortunately i paid little attention to the kit details, but its red with THIN white stripes, maybe 5/6?

AmandaRushforth: @danbsfc i did a shoot for them, but i have no idea when its coming out.... it was a cool concept tho, very english pride :)

AmandaRushforth: @danbsfc im sure there were more details to the white kit, but not the same way the red one had stripes, so i didnt notice... sorry :(

Edited by itchen_dan

Another update

AmandaRushforth: @danbsfc im not a football fan so unfortunately i paid little attention to the kit details, but its red with THIN white stripes, maybe 5/6?

AmandaRushforth: @danbsfc i did a shoot for them, but i have no idea when its coming out.... it was a cool concept tho, very english pride :)

AmandaRushforth: @danbsfc im sure there were more details to the white kit, but not the same way the red one had stripes, so i didnt notice... sorry :(

Could this possibly be a training top ?

Hope so as it sounds awful.

it wouldn't be saints unless the fans had a jolly good moan about something

I'm sure when the new kit is actually outed there'll be loads of wrist-cutters on here saying things such as 'terrible, won't be buying' 'worst shirt i've seen in years' ad nauseum for about 2/3 pages

Another update

One person's cool concept is another's break with tradition. It's a marmite kit. I do understand why the club have done it though (explained in a previous post).

I'm sure when the new kit is actually outed there'll be loads of wrist-cutters on here saying things such as 'terrible, won't be buying' 'worst shirt i've seen in years' ad nauseum for about 2/3 pages

Lol Alpine will spin in his grave (if he was dead). No doubt he will use it as the reason why we haven't concluded all of transfer business by the end of July.

So going on latest info, I've made the stripes slightly thinner.

111jjuc.png

Nothing wrong with the design itself but it doesn't really say Saints to me. It looks more like a Nottingham Forest top. But if that's what the latest info is and happens to end up what the club have gone for, then I guess it will do and I'll get used to it.

Nothing wrong with the design itself but it doesn't really say Saints to me. It looks more like a Nottingham Forest top. But if that's what the latest info is and happens to end up what the club have gone for, then I guess it will do and I'll get used to it.

Like we did for the entire 1980's...

1980 - 1985

southampton_1984-1985.gif

1985 - 1987

southampton_1985-1987.gif

1987 - 1989

southampton_1987-1989.gif

Who actually makes the decision what Kit design is chosen? I would guess Umbro design a selection of ideas and then is it Cortese who decides?

I'd imagine Cortese/other senior management give Umbro a brief and then as you say Umbro provide a number of designs and then Cortese ultimately decides.

Like we did for the entire 1980's...

1980 - 1985

southampton_1984-1985.gif

1985 - 1987

southampton_1985-1987.gif

1987 - 1989

southampton_1987-1989.gif

Yes there is no right or wrong way to design a Saints kit. Its just what some people, like myself get use to a certain look. As you have pointed out Southampton Kits aren't always traditional stripes. I don't mind that either. I myself had the 1985-87 kit. It was my first Southampton Kit and that does feel right to me. Probably a little bit down to nostalgia. Its just the pinstriped idea that I'm not so keen on. That with a predominately red top is what makes me think forest not saints. But I am sure it will grow on me. Most saints kits I haven't like at first site normally do. By the way that Hummel kit looks truly a product of its time, 80'es loud :)

Edited by Saint J 77

I'd imagine Cortese/other senior management give Umbro a brief and then as you say Umbro provide a number of designs and then Cortese ultimately decides.

I wonder if the players ever get consulted as well? Surely they have to feel comfortable wearing it. I am thinning about that awful Everton pink away kit here :)