New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

There's something not quite right about 50 year old blokes on here getting excited about what kit we'll be wearing.

Which is sadder?the ones getting excited about it, or the ones claiming to be ITK about it?

What are you on about?

Sorry, it was a bit obtuse. I'll make it more clear.

Essentially my point was that, particularly over the last few months, you have developed into a bit of a professional arsehole with a spectacularly patronising holier-than-thou opinion on just about everything. Whatever the topic, be it people's opinions on what they wear to a match, what they wear to the office, how they conduct themselves, or what they think about various aspects of the club, you will invariably pop up and preach at length in a sneering, condescending tone and imply that anyone who doesn't meet your own quasi-elistist standards is a subhuman peasant. OH MY GOD SOMEONE TOOK A PHOTO OF THEMSELF ON HOLIDAY??? THEY DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!!!!

So I found it ironic that someone with such a (albeit, ill-judged) massive superiority complex would choose to go on holiday to two places where you are obviously going to be largely surrounded by people of such low class and ethics. It's almost as if you're completely full of ****... but that can't be right, can it?

Alles klaar?

Sorry, it was a bit obtuse. I'll make it more clear.

Essentially my point was that, particularly over the last few months, you have developed into a bit of a professional arsehole with a spectacularly patronising holier-than-thou opinion on just about everything. Whatever the topic, be it people's opinions on what they wear to a match, what they wear to the office, how they conduct themselves, or what they think about various aspects of the club, you will invariably pop up and preach at length in a sneering, condescending tone and imply that anyone who doesn't meet your own quasi-elistist standards is a subhuman peasant. OH MY GOD SOMEONE TOOK A PHOTO OF THEMSELF ON HOLIDAY??? THEY DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!!!!

So I found it ironic that someone with such a (albeit, ill-judged) massive superiority complex would choose to go on holiday to two places where you are obviously going to be largely surrounded by people of such low class and ethics. It's almost as if you're completely full of ****... but that can't be right, can it?

Alles klaar?

Time of the month?

There's something not quite right about 50 year old blokes on here getting excited about what kit we'll be wearing.

Which is sadder?the ones getting excited about it, or the ones claiming to be ITK about it?

Definitely the saddest is the people who feel they have to come up with put downs to people discussing something that they think is sad. That really is bottom of the barrel stuff.

Whats the point? I dont give a **** about pedigree cat grooming or IT fixes so don't comment on those threads. It says something not especially complimentary about you that you need to put down so many people on so many threads (and it aint how witty, cool or knowing you are) - especially when you are both well capable of interesting stuff when you drop the chippy crap.

You know what I find sad? The ones who take Internet forums so seriously they feel the need to attempt to correct every bit of banter and p*ss taking. Or the ones who thump their keyboards in anger, Veins popping out of their temples as they angrily tell someone just what they think of them, people like stu whats his name, who until today had never even registered on my radar, much like yourself until a couple of moths ago Timothy.

You know what I find sad? The ones who take Internet forums so seriously they feel the need to attempt to correct every bit of banter and p*ss taking. Or the ones who thump their keyboards in anger, Veins popping out of their temples as they angrily tell someone just what they think of them, people like stu whats his name, who until today had never even registered on my radar, much like yourself until a couple of moths ago Timothy.

If you think thats banter, you're not very good at it. Possibly why the banter site died and people at the Ugly got fed up with you. Using more than half your posts to tell everybody they are crap isnt funny. Its just tedious.

If you think thats banter, you're not very good at it. Possibly why the banter site died and people at the Ugly got fed up with you. Using more than half your posts to tell everybody they are crap isnt funny. Its just tedious.

My sole raison d'être Timothy is to be popular on Internet forums.

I'm sure it's roughly the same time every year yet it still doesn't stop this thread happening. We still have the picture mock ups from user to go then by the time thats finished it'll probably be time for the actual kit to be released.

Shame it didn't flatline a month earlier and we wouldn't had to have out up with last seasons ones.

It was a popular thread. You'll also note that due to its absence this year, there have been three times more kit threads so far.

I'm sure it's roughly the same time every year yet it still doesn't stop this thread happening. We still have the picture mock ups from user to go then by the time thats finished it'll probably be time for the actual kit to be released.

It's rarely the same time every year, we almost always got an "end of season" kit launch with Lowe, nowadays nothing happens until July, and the two under Cortese so far happened in completely different ways and at different times. Last year's away kit went on sale in the week before the first match, which is extremely late by any standards - though at least it was before the season started, you've got to be rank amateurs to miss the start of the season with it.

It was a popular thread. You'll also note that due to its absence this year, there have been three times more kit threads so far.

True. And as mock up makers go, you're the bestest one on the Innnernezzzz.

No connection, it is not the kit. I have seen the new home kit and have posted some bits elsewhere. Obviously I am not going to go down the same route as the Norwich fan and post any pictures or anything too specific online.

Katalinic, if you have seen it come out and describe it ffs. pictures wouldnt be too wise perhaps (but you probably dont have anyway) you are hardly gonna get sent down for a description............

stop being a dirty tease and put it on the table lad

Katalinic, if you have seen it come out and describe it ffs. pictures wouldnt be too wise perhaps (but you probably dont have anyway) you are hardly gonna get sent down for a description............

stop being a dirty tease and put it on the table lad

doggface, if you frequent certain establishments then you will know that a dirty tease is often far more preferable to the reality when the lights go up (or on one such occasion after Angels Liverpool when they were in the kebab shop afterwards).

As I have already said it is different to anything we had before and I am not sure whether the traditionalists will like it. I believe the club want it to be different so that all the "returning" fans can't simply wear their old striped kits from 2001-2009 which makes complete commercial sense. It will be out after the Euros I understand.

I've heard it's red with white pinstripes. Turkish said.

It's a bit like the current Umbro Sweden kit template then. Which has two pinstripes close together, then a broad stripe of contrasting colour.

Yes. If my source is right, and he has a fine track record, including a lot of the "Brazil" away kit stuff from last season.

Hmmm....ok.....cheers......so, that rules out: sash, quarters, halves, stripes (thin ones, thick ones, inbetween ones)....which, by my reckoning (unless it involves some wacky thus far unmentioned pattern) means it's gonna be of the "predominently one colour" (red?) variety....

Warm?

edit: or there's always red and white hoops.....

Edited by trousers

doggface, if you frequent certain establishments then you will know that a dirty tease is often far more preferable to the reality when the lights go up (or on one such occasion after Angels Liverpool when they were in the kebab shop afterwards).

As I have already said it is different to anything we had before and I am not sure whether the traditionalists will like it. I believe the club want it to be different so that all the "returning" fans can't simply wear their old striped kits from 2001-2009 which makes complete commercial sense. It will be out after the Euros I understand.

Dirty tease. Here's a twenty for your thong.

Hmmm....ok.....cheers......so, that rules out: sash, quarters, halves, stripes (thin ones, thick ones, inbetween ones)....which, by my reckoning (unless it involves some wacky thus far unmentioned pattern) means it's gonna be of the "predominently one colour" (red?) variety....

Warm?

Didn't he tell us in post #122?

Like this:

37120413_l.jpg

I've heard it's red with white pinstripes. Turkish said.

It's a bit like the current Umbro Sweden kit template then. Which has two pinstripes close together, then a broad stripe of contrasting colour.

Thanks for the info, sounds **** mind! : /

not sure when this is, but i've heard that it will be out a week/10 days after the fixture list is out (mid June, I think).

Thanks for the info, sounds **** mind! : /

Nah, I reckon it's decent. I'm not a massive fan of stripes to be honest. The sash and the red on with white and black bits on the shoulder From 1985 were the best kits we've have since the Keegan kit. What do they both have in common? Neither stripes. Not that I particularly care mind.

Edited by Turkish

Nah, I reckon it's decent. I'm not a massive fan of stripes to be honest. The sash and the red on with white and black bits on the shoulder From 1985 were the best kits we've have since the Keegan kit. What do they both have in common? Neither stripes. Not that I particularly care mind.

Have you seen it or just been told?

55 year old here and I am always interested what the new kit is going to look like, I do not exactly shoot one off in my pants over it but I am nevertheless eager to see the kit design for next season.

Pin stripe sounds good as personally I feel that the old fashioned stripes look dated.

I know I may have missed something somewhere but, why would we be getting a new home kit when the one we got is only 1 year old? I thought kits were ment to be worn for 2 years!

You are missing something. Every Umbro kit deal is a new kit every year and has been since 2007. When we signed our new deal in 2008 the club even told us we'd be getting a new home and away shirt every season for the next 5 years, and the only season to buck that trend was the close season when we were in administration. Flybe gave us a one year sponsorship extension, we were in no position to fork out for new kit up front, and as a result we played in the same home kit (the flybe Umbro one) for the first two seasons of the deal. Even then we got a new navy/yellow away kit to replace the charcoal grey one.

At least that's my guesswork over why they'd put "2008/09" on a kit we actually wore until 2010.

News of the deal is here : (signed by Chairman Leon Crouch apparently) http://www.footballshirtculture.com/sponsorship/southampton-sign-umbro-deal-until-2013.html though that particular link doesn't mention the "new kit every year".

The Umbro deal runs out at the end of our forthcoming season, so we're guaranteed at least 2 new kits in 2013/4 as well, no matter who provides the kit then.

FWIW it's not just Umbro who change kits every season, it's basically everyone now. New Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal kits are already out there for next season. Beats me why we're not following the lead of the top merchandising clubs...

Edited by The9

Oh by the way, just seen the new Man City kits too, which are their last season with Umbro before jumping to Nike. There appears to be a shadow pinstripey effect on the away shirt... which has the same collar as the new England GK shirt.

Maroon-Manchester-City-Kit-Leaked-2012-13.jpg

Man-City-Leaked-Jersey-2013.jpg

You are missing something. Every Umbro kit deal is a new kit every year and has been since 2007. When we signed our new deal in 2008 the club even told us we'd be getting a new home and away shirt every season for the next 5 years, and the only season to buck that trend was the close season when we were in administration. Flybe gave us a one year sponsorship extension, we were in no position to fork out for new kit up front, and as a result we played in the same home kit (the flybe Umbro one) for the first two seasons of the deal. Even then we got a new navy/yellow away kit to replace the charcoal grey one.

At least that's my guesswork over why they'd put "2008/09" on a kit we actually wore until 2010.

News of the deal is here : (signed by Chairman Leon Crouch apparently) http://www.footballshirtculture.com/sponsorship/southampton-sign-umbro-deal-until-2013.html though that particular link doesn't mention the "new kit every year".

The Umbro deal runs out at the end of our forthcoming season, so we're guaranteed at least 2 new kits in 2013/4 as well, no matter who provides the kit then.

FWIW it's not just Umbro who change kits every season, it's basically everyone now. New Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal kits are already out there for next season. Beats me why we're not following the lead of the top merchandising clubs...

We are doing it the Southampton way, how many time FFS? They have all got it wrong, we have got it right.