New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

I haven't got a problem with that; just as long as they don't put f*cking white socks with it again, that looked bloody awful.

Also notable, the use of alternate blue away socks last season. Not the first time we've done that (we had black alternates in 2007 against Leicester and wore red socks with the charcoal kit loads at the end of the 2008/9 season) but it is the first time both pairs have been on sale in the club shop as part of a single away kit combination - the previous two mentioned weren't sold, and whenever we've had 3 sock colours previously they've been as part of full kit ensembles or one-off ad hoc ones. The blue socks were a regularly used, officially sold alternate.

They also wore the white ones against Burnley who wore white socks as well, which was pretty silly.

What's wrong with having yellow alternate ones rather than blue, I don't know.

Also notable, the use of alternate blue away socks last season. Not the first time we've done that (we had black alternates in 2007 against Leicester and wore red socks with the charcoal kit loads at the end of the 2008/9 season) but it is the first time both pairs have been on sale in the club shop as part of a single away kit combination - the previous two mentioned weren't sold, and whenever we've had 3 sock colours previously they've been as part of full kit ensembles or one-off ad hoc ones. The blue socks were a regularly used, officially sold alternate.

They also wore the white ones against Burnley who wore white socks as well, which was pretty silly.

What's wrong with having yellow alternate ones rather than blue, I don't know.

When it comes to playing kits, you're really quite some nerd aren't you?

When it comes to playing kits, you're really quite some nerd aren't you?

Oh God yeah. I think I prefer geek or statto though. The fact we didn't officially sell the player version of the FA Cup Anniversary kit (with flybe sponsor and Saints apparel logo) in 2006/7 annoys me immensely, though not as much as the fact they eventually flogged some spares off for £2 at a concourse sale and I know someone who bought one.

I do however have a player's stock UEFA Cup shirt (no UEFA Cup crest on the back at the top) thanks to the bloke in the club shop taking pity on me after a 8 hour round journey on the train to get kit and match ticket with Bucharest pending 3 days later and me living in South Wales at the time.

Edited by The9

Just checked, away shirts are now 50% off in the online store as stated. They only have XL and upwards (or small in a long sleeved). Shorts are reduced too (again S or 3XL only). Strange as they had loads in stock a few weeks back, I wonder if they hoovered them up giving them to the teams for corporate on-pitch events ?

Scrap that for a "third kit" then. I wonder if they've reduced the cost of the away socks, they never got around to putting those online ?

BASTARDS! I ordered the away shirt at full price just over a week ago when a member of staff told me that there definitely wouldn't be a reduction. Lying little ****.

BASTARDS! I ordered the away shirt at full price just over a week ago when a member of staff told me that there definitely wouldn't be a reduction. Lying little ****.

Unless you happen to be multiple XL or a Small, you probably got one of the last "normal" sizes. As I mentioned earlier, I would imagine the club ran a load of corporate matches at significant cost to the clients, and gave away lots of home and away shirts with those, hence the kits suddenly disappearing, cos there were still loads in stock a week after the season finished.

So, are we all agreed that this is our new home shirt then? (or as near as damn it)

2l8uvt1.png

I'd say something like that with a plain v-neck in red might possibly be it. Oh, and the patches should read "Canon League Division One".

accrington_stanley_2_1985-1986-b.gif

Accrington Stanley c1985

Dunno why your image won't show for me, but that's just Accrington Stanley's exact replica of Liverpool's kit for the previous 5 seasons, it's even made by Umbro. So we've already done that one.

liverpool_1982-1983.gif

It looks more like 1993 Forest without the collar anyway. There are 7 pairs of pinstripes on the new Saints kit, if the Sweden shirt template is followed.

nottingham_forest_1992-1993_k.gif

Actually, looking at it a little more closely, the Liverpool away from 1982 didn't have the pinstripes cut off near the shoulders, so nearer this style or the Forest one :

liverpool_1981-1982-third.gif

Edited by The9

Oh God yeah. I think I prefer geek or statto though. The fact we didn't officially sell the player version of the FA Cup Anniversary kit (with flybe sponsor and Saints apparel logo) in 2006/7 annoys me immensely, though not as much as the fact they eventually flogged some spares off for £2 at a concourse sale and I know someone who bought one.

I have 3. Will trade one + cash for 1985 away kit!

New Lille shirt by umbro could we be in for this collar? Im guessing either this one or the one on the new Blackburn shirt.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8141/7314015928_e325fee0b7_b.jpg

I'm liking this one - nothing "gay" about it! If we're going for the mainly red shirt this would be a lot better then the Forest / Arse / Scouse shirt. Would look good with the large White "V" collar with Black shorts and red / white socks.

I'm liking this one - nothing "gay" about it! If we're going for the mainly red shirt this would be a lot better then the Forest / Arse / Scouse shirt. Would look good with the large White "V" collar with Black shorts and red / white socks.

That is very ugly. please noooooo.

Bird on twitter earlier revealed the new kits:

AmandaRushforth: @iamsmithy ones white, the other is red with thin white stripes, very professional looking :p

So the home kit is Red with white pinstripes and the away kit is white :)

Ladies & Gentlemen, here is the new kit .........................*****............................

Please do not 'Reply with Quote' showing the link as I will have to remove the link within ten minutes or the Mods will give me a kicking!!!

Edited by Dog

Bird on twitter earlier revealed the new kits:

AmandaRushforth: @iamsmithy ones white, the other is red with thin white stripes, very professional looking :p

So the home kit is Red with white pinstripes and the away kit is white :)

Who is she then ?

Well if it is I'm prepared to apologise but doesn't go with the whole red collar and red with white pinstripes that the majority have said.

But they know nothing Dan, if you look close you can see the pinstripe Dan, take a look Dan.