New Kits 2012-13

bender

Do you like the new kit?  

879 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new kit?

• Good lord yes!
    • Good heavens no!
    • Is this really all we have to talk about?

Is this another one season kit or have we got this one for 2 years ?

If its a year and its crap at least its not too long to have to wear it.

Pity - I really like the one for this past season.

Every Umbro kit we've had under this contract (except the home one when we were in admin) has been one year, as announced 5 years ago. Seeing as it's the last year of the deal, there's every chance it may also be our last Umbro kit for a while. Which is a weird way to go out, brands usually go for something classic in their final year because they don't usually have to beat it the next season.

Every Umbro kit we've had under this contract (except the home one when we were in admin) has been one year, as announced 5 years ago. Seeing as it's the last year of the deal, there's every chance it may also be our last Umbro kit for a while. Which is a weird way to go out, brands usually go for something classic in their final year because they don't usually have to beat it the next season.

Oh right, thanks very much for that. Just when I had gotten used to getting a bigger size than I actually am due to Umbro's less than generous use of material too :)

you are really putting me off the new kit with your subtle little comments, do you know that ?

[/img]

New Umbro kit for huddersfield is incredibly bland

That's because Huddersfield basically have a teamwear deal. They get their Umbro kits from a local sports goods supplier rather than Umbro direct. We get ours from Umbro directly.

Having said that, when ours gets launched people will probably be pining for bland and striped.

Its going to red.

It's going to have an element of white in it

It will probably have the above in a vertical stripe design

There is so much you can do with that. No matter what, many will think its bland, shyt etc etc

Many will still buy it. As I will

Why, are you exaggerating its sh*teness then ?

Not sure where you got that idea from. I don't even think it's a bad design, I just don't think it suits Saints.

Also not sure how me saying "it's weird that Umbro haven't gone for a classic design" would make anyone more or less likely to buy the kit. In fact I'm at a loss to know why anyone would take someone else's opinion of it over their own, when they have the chance to see it and judge for themselves on June 30th and couldn't buy it even if they wanted to until after that.

Edited by The9

Not sure where you got that idea from. I don't even think it's a bad design, I just don't think it suits Saints.

Also not sure how me saying "it's weird that Umbro haven't gone for a classic design" would make anyone more or less likely to buy the kit. In fact I'm at a loss to know why anyone would take someone else's opinion of it over their own, when they have the chance to see it and judge for themselves on June 30th and couldn't buy it even if they wanted to until after that.

Because you keep banging on about it, heavily-laced with innuendo that a lot of us wont like it (and in the process bring apparently much-needed attention on to yourself - try chucking wooden blocks about like my 2 year-old, much more guarantee of attention), its hardly suprising that some of us completely in the dark take your comments at face-value and react negatively.

Because you keep banging on about it, heavily-laced with innuendo that a lot of us wont like it (and in the process bring apparently much-needed attention on to yourself - try chucking wooden blocks about like my 2 year-old, much more guarantee of attention), its hardly suprising that some of us completely in the dark take your comments at face-value and react negatively.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt usually, but you appear to have completely lost the plot.

There is no "innuendo", a number of people have outright said "that's basically the kit", and it is pretty obvious that people won't like it, as it's not conventional stripes. I am assuming from your comments that you've only read page 16 onwards and haven't actually seen the numerous images, all very alike, of what the shirt is expected to look like.

Edited by The9

You could wait for it to come out on the 30th June and judge for yourself instead of wetting yourself over someone elses opinion of it. If you like it, buy it, if you don't don't. Simples.

Posts of this nature are not welcomed here. I have reported you I'm afraid.

Count to ten. One… Two… Three…

I think his posts are based more on many people's comments on this thread. I don't really like where it seems to be going this season to be frank, but am willing to wait and see what the complete kit looks like on release before making a final judgement. I'm sure the club will be sh*tting themselves at the thought of you withholding your hard earned Euros. Fortunately I'd imagine that there will be plenty of fans willing to fork out for the new shirt if only to commemorate our return to the top league. I also believe that the club could be covering themselves with the possible white and red away shirt. If some people prefer that it'll still mean that the home fans are all decked out in red and white.

See Umbro have produced a really dull Man City shirt too. Least ours might be the most interesting of their efforts.

Not too worried about being mainly red or mainly white. Loved the air florida shirt and the sash shirt so convention isn't exactly necessary.

Think the red might look quite good with black shorts and stripey socks.

The Sweden home kit has some socks which are mainly plain and massively thin stripey around the middle, we might get those. I'd be surprised if the shorts were anything other than plain black... or plain red... or plain white. Or all three over both kits. Umbro aren't doing much in the way of faffy shorts at the moment, though last season's shorts were plain black, so they might go for a different colour.

The Sweden home kit has some socks which are mainly plain and massively thin stripey around the middle, we might get those.

Like Eire's ?

article-2157934-138BE8D4000005DC-757_468x307.jpg

F**k me, this kit unveilling fills me with more dread with each passing day....

Our players are going to end up looking like Pippi Longstocking...

Edited by alpine_saint

New Man City shirt is quite bland, their last season with Umbro too :

ManchesterCityHome.jpg

I don't like the monochrome/black and white crest... I've seen this done with a few away kits with various manufacturers, but it looks rubbish on a home kit. Hope we don't follow this trend.

Keep hearing that nearly all other kits are bland

Can someone show me a red and white stripe shirt that is not bland and different to what we have now?

Yep, so f**king bored with the stripes myself, thats why the 125th kit was a breath of fresh air. Its a real pity that the powers-that-be wont turn to our own club history for inspiration like some of the posters on here have.

Yep, so f**king bored with the stripes myself, thats why the 125th kit was a breath of fresh air. Its a real pity that the powers-that-be wont turn to our own club history for inspiration like some of the posters on here have.

some of the 'powers-that-be' and posters on here are one and the same - I know for sure that 3 senior SFC execs post on here quite regularly

Like Eire's ?

article-2157934-138BE8D4000005DC-757_468x307.jpg

Our players are going to end up looking like Pippi Longstocking...

Actually the Irish ones have more stripes - the Sweden ones only have about half that number and look much less "busy"...

140171027_crop_650x440.jpg?1337193653

and their away socks are plain with a contrasting turnover like the current Saints home ones.

Also worth pointing out that the Lille socks are plain with a broad band on them with gradated pattern like on the England GK collar (and their away collar).

New-Lille-Kit-2012-13.jpg

Lille-OSC-Shirt-2012.jpg

Speaking of collars...

New-Lille-Jersey-2012-2013.jpg

this is the only plain V-neck I've seen from Umbro so far this season (not including the massive V on the shirt which isn't part of the collar and we definitely don't have).

As we don't even know what colour the socks are going to be, not much point worrying about one out of a few designs at the moment.

Keep hearing that nearly all other kits are bland

Can someone show me a red and white stripe shirt that is not bland and different to what we have now?

I don't dare post the Pony tick kit up...

It's different having a "bland" single colour to a "bland" striped shirt, the stripe itself is a design feature.

New Man City shirt is quite bland, their last season with Umbro too

One man's bland is another man's refined. I like a lot of the simple shirts that companies are going with these days. Umbro are at the forefront of this with many more classic style shirts. Some of Adidas and Nike's are goddam awful and have been for years. The only Nike kit I'm reasonably keen on is the French one and that's because they've kept it simple.

Christ mate, if this sort of thing fills you with dread then god help us if things get squeaky bum next season!

This I do agree with you on. Really thought the sash was a good opportunity to make a fresh and individual start. However, there ain't a great deal that you can do with a white shirt with a red sash, so the commercial people at the club and kit company would never have gone with it.

Did anybody sit down and calculate how many teams play in R & W stripes ?

I want Saints to have a unique and ubiquitous kit, based on the club history.

not the red and white quarters though they look terrible. Navy shorts would look good IMO. That might be a nice (and dare I say it controversial) move back to our past.

Did anybody sit down and calculate how many teams play in R & W stripes ?

I want Saints to have a unique and ubiquitous kit, based on the club history.

Well I can't help thinking you'd be unhappy about any new design if that were the case.

We've done the sash; great kit, best selling ever and will remain timeless as it had no sponsor and was such a simple design.

After the sash we wore red and white quarters; we did that for the commerorative game at The Dell and it looked awful.

We had red and white halves for a couple of years after that; not tried it but the mock-ups look extremely daft.

We then had red and white stripes for 90 years. But apparently you're bored of those, so that's out.

So really, based on "history", we're really only left with the Patrick Air Florida/Rank Xerox red and white, the Hummel Denmark kit, or the all red Patrick Draper Tools (with white/black shoulders).

The mockups seen so far seem to be a cross of the Hummel and the all red, but apparently that's an abomination too. So I don't think there's anything there that could possibly meet your design brief, apart from the Patrick Air Florida as a starting point.

Edited by The Kraken