Olympic games

Thedelldays

Did you watch any of the euros?

I did but cant remember any of it as it was our usual rubbish! I do now recollect him playing early on! Funny how England doesnt stay in the mind like Saints does!

On anothe issue UAE commentators here are very proud of their boys playing at wembley in front of 90000 spectators aginst a team from the premier league ! very sweet!

2 days my dearest friend, and 2 medals. :toppa:

Just looked at our medals last time round and nearly all our golds came in a 4 day period. Day 5 to day 9. 14 out of 19 of our golds.

Due mainly to the track cycling finals - 7 gold, 3 silver, and 1 bronze, with strong support from rowing and sailing.

Just to temper the wild celebrations on here at the amazing victory by Team GB last night.

It's Ramadan. Our boys will be fasting from Dawn to Dusk, that includes taking on liquids.

Think most pub sides would be able to tear an Islamic side a new one during Ramadan.

But yes, the locals here understand the significance of the moment of playing at Wembley against "The British", it means a lot to them

Just to temper the wild celebrations on here at the amazing victory by Team GB last night.

It's Ramadan. Our boys will be fasting from Dawn to Dusk, that includes taking on liquids.

Think most pub sides would be able to tear an Islamic side a new one during Ramadan.

But yes, the locals here understand the significance of the moment of playing at Wembley against "The British", it means a lot to them

Not the UAE team Phil they were given special permission to catch that up later....they are still gorging on KFC and Old Speckled Hen.

There is no way we are going to match 2008 medal table.

No way

At this point in the Beijing olympics, we had won 1 gold medal. We have so far won 1 silver and 1 bronze.

13 of our 19 gold medals came between day 5 and 9 when the rowing and cycling came to its climax. There is still a long way to go and we are not doing worse than last time yet.

... and will spark many questions being asked

This I don't get... it's not a commercial project that staff have failed to deliver, it's sport. Stuff happens. It's all about the team or the individual producing the goods at a key moment in time... often only one chance to get it right. That's the beauty of it in my book. It all comes down to one moment. If we succeed, that's fantastic, if not, the competitors no doubt look at what happened and why, but the public and the media need to refrain from looking at it like some kind of divine right was denied and that the individuals involved have somehow failed.

This I don't get... it's not a commercial project that staff have failed to deliver, it's sport. Stuff happens. It's all about the team or the individual producing the goods at a key moment in time... often only one chance to get it right. That's the beauty of it in my book. It all comes down to one moment. If we succeed, that's fantastic, if not, the competitors no doubt look at what happened and why, but the public and the media need to refrain from looking at it like some kind of divine right was denied and that the individuals involved have somehow failed.

There is huge money from various sources that go into team GB

They weren't expected to win gold. The Chinese were. Our chance in the diving is meant to be in the Individual. If Daley doesn't medal there, then it went wrong.

Did you not watch it child? It all went wrong half way through.

They weren't expected to win gold. The Chinese were. Our chance in the diving is meant to be in the Individual. If Daley doesn't medal there, then it went wrong.

The word medal is a noun not a verb, as I mentioned in a different thread. What you ought to write is: "If Daley doesn't get a medal there ...".

Did anyone watch the Mens hockey?

Apparently we beat the Argies and the crowd were singing Sha la la la la la la WTFILN

I will assume it is ********, but if anyone can shed any light.......

I don't think they were searing or actually singing the saints version

They had like a mini England ban there spewing out the usual songs

Did anyone watch the Mens hockey?

Apparently we beat the Argies and the crowd were singing Sha la la la la la la WTFILN

I will assume it is ********, but if anyone can shed any light.......

Amarillo was being played but 99% sure no one was singing WTFILN.

Get on board with GB Hockey. Both teams looking great, especially the girls who look on for a medal. GB girls team working for me on a number of levels.

Amarillo was being played but 99% sure no one was singing WTFILN.

Get on board with GB Hockey. Both teams looking great, especially the girls who look on for a medal. GB girls team working for me on a number of levels.

Saw the nz vs aus women's hockey at the weekend. Best event of the games so far.

At this point in the Beijing olympics, we had won 1 gold medal. We have so far won 1 silver and 1 bronze.

13 of our 19 gold medals came between day 5 and 9 when the rowing and cycling came to its climax. There is still a long way to go and we are not doing worse than last time yet.

We are andy, we are now

I was there, and I can assure you that there was absolutely no singing of anything at all at any time. The bloke behind me did spend most of the second half dictating a report to his PA over the phone though. Don't get that at SMS.

Good game and great fun. If you can pick up tickets for anything, it's a fantastic experience. If you've got tickets for an event at the stadium, I'm very jealous! 561f6981-8db3-4363.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Been really enjoying it so far, although with the BBC coverage this year the choice of sports to watch is just overbearing. Can't wait for the track cycling to start as it's probably my favourite part.

Off to Wimbledon today with my nipper. On Court 1 so may be at the mercy of the weather for a while, but if so at least I get to sit on the hill and watch Andy Murray play on the big screen with the rest of the Mail reading flag wavers. Now, where did I put my plastic Union hat?

Why do we as a sporting nation choke so badly ?

Daley and Waterfield

Womens basketball against Canada

Murray's choke is already in the post.

Paula Ratcliffe at previous Olympics

At least Moomintroll gritted her teeth and got her bronze.

Do we not take sports pyschology seriously enough, or are we just pooftahs ?