Olympic games

Thedelldays

Academic, in my condition.

Academic for that lot who would "ruin" her as well, I understand that she much prefers

other ladies for her bedroom antics. :lol:

Of course I could be misinformed. :blush:

Whitey don't worry in a few more weeks you will have your normal feelings and ability back as they were. ;)

Edited by Saint in Paradise

Here is the video they missed out last night

My mate I sat in the deck chair with the wig on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYtpL5YhWOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm not sure they missed it out mate - it was just some advertising/PR for Adidas. I doubt it was ever planned for the closing ceremony, especially as the production quality was so low, and the vid got released during that day before the ceremony started. Just a bit of advertising fluff. Nice though.

Yes, sorry I don't mean to upset lots of you but I just don't enjoy having it all rammed

down my throat and only having the Olympics shown. I prefer to pick and choose which

sports I watch.

You never found the red button then? Which gave you a choice of upto 20 sports at a time to choose from? Plus there was always ITV and lots of other channels including BBC 1 or 2 which wasn't showing the olympics most of the time.

You never found the red button then? Which gave you a choice of upto 20 sports at a time to choose from? Plus there was always ITV and lots of other channels including BBC 1 or 2 which wasn't showing the olympics most of the time.

Sorry old chap but I think that you will find that we here in NZ do not have access to UK TV companies unless we download

something called expat shield or similar. Don't trust them 100% as I got "extra e-mails" after I did that in the past.

Sorry old chap but I think that you will find that we here in NZ do not have access to UK TV companies unless we download

something called expat shield or similar. Don't trust them 100% as I got "extra e-mails" after I did that in the past.

There are plenty other good proxies - I used one and had a great Olympics in the company of the Beeb :-)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/aug/13/david-bowie-olympics-closing-ceremony

So Bowie, Bush, Stones & Sex Pistols all turned down the offer to play.

As in fact did The Who - twice...

I don't think too much should be read into that, Bowie hasn't played live for years, I'm pretty sure he's even announced his retirement, Kate Bush is rarely seen outside of her house, I can't imagine for one moment she'd want to appear in front of millions.

Olympic medal winners from Hampshire:

Alexandra Danson

Women's hockey

Bronze

Southampton

Hampshire

Dani King

Track cycling, women's team pursuit

Gold

Southampton

Hampshire

Iain Percy

Sailing, men's star

Silver

Southampton

Hampshire

James Foad

Rowing, men's eight

Bronze

Southampton

Hampshire

Jon Schofield

Men's kayak double 200m

Bronze

Petersfield

Hampshire

Alexandra Danson

Women's hockey

Bronze

Southampton

Hampshire

Dani King

Gold

Southampton

Hampshire

Iain Percy

Sailing, men's star

Silver

Southampton

Hampshire

James Foad

Rowing, men's eight

Bronze

Southampton

Hampshire

Jon Schofield

Men's kayak double 200m

Bronze

Petersfield

Hampshire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19260777

Southampton and Hampshire the most successful city and county respectively (ex London) in the UK. Not a bad feat. Maybe we will get some contributions from Portsmouth in the future because the kids will no longer be distracted by that footballing power house called Pompey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19260777

Southampton and Hampshire the most successful city and county respectively (ex London) in the UK. Not a bad feat. Maybe we will get some contributions from Portsmouth in the future because the kids will no longer be distracted by that footballing power house called Pompey.

There were a few swimmers from Pompey but none of them got anywhere. Surprising really as you'd think they'd be amazing, what with their training sessions consisting solely of them trying to swim away from the place as quickly as possible.

Alexandra Danson

Women's hockey

Bronze

Southampton

Hampshire

Dani King

Gold

Southampton

Hampshire

Iain Percy

Sailing, men's star

Silver

Southampton

Hampshire

James Foad

Rowing, men's eight

Bronze

Southampton

Hampshire

Jon Schofield

Men's kayak double 200m

Bronze

Petersfield

Hampshire

Ben Ainslie from Lymington with Gold ?

He grew up in Cornwall (near Falmouth) and learned to sail there. Hence the mini uproar about the town of Restronguet getting a post box painted gold in his honour and not Lymington.

As far as I can tell he spent some of his childhood in Hants and won his gold medals whilst a resident of Hants.

Fail to see why he is viewed as Cornish, even if he spent some time there and learned to sail there.

As far as I can tell he spent some of his childhood in Hants and won his gold medals whilst a resident of Hants.

Fail to see why he is viewed as Cornish, even if he spent some time there and learned to sail there.

He sees himself as Cornish. He is always on spotlight here in the west country and goes was going on and on about how he wanted to win gold for Cornwall.

Guess he just loves it there, been there for donkeys years and sees himself as Cornish

Stratford station is going to be fun.

Magnificent views of the stadium throughout. Good job.

How was Stratford Station? All the folks were telling us to go to West Ham and it 'was only a 10 minute walk'. Yeah right! However, they were right there were no queues there and we got the first tube out to Wimbledon where the car had been dumped.

Took a few vids if anyone is interested (probably not but I'll post anyhow!)

Spice Girls!

He sees himself as Cornish. He is always on spotlight here in the west country and goes was going on and on about how he wanted to win gold for Cornwall.

Guess he just loves it there, been there for donkeys years and sees himself as Cornish

so why does he live in Lymington ?

Dont they have jettys in Cornwall ?

so why does he live in Lymington ?

Dont they have jettys in Cornwall ?

I have no idea alpine. Can only pass on what I watched on the local news before and after the Olympics

He was born in Macclesfield, went to junior school in lymington and senior school in Truro and then college in Winchester but supports Chelsea

Guess he has a huge soft sport for cornwall

Edited by Thedelldays

Ainslee is Cornish

I'm sure ?????

Moved to Lymington at the age of 16 and lived there ever since. Joined his friend, and then rival, Iain Percy at Peter Symonds College for the sixth form. Btw Foad also attended that college, so as someone pointed out in the local Winchester paper, if Peter Symonds had been a country it would have been 45th in the medal tabel --above India!

.... and Ainslie himself has now asked the PO to paint a Lyminghton post box gold.