What's the wierdest thing you've ever seen someone do at football?

kwsaint

At Wimbledon's old ground, Plough Lane late 70's, freezing cold mid week game, FA Cup? ... plenty of space on the terraces - people lighting fires on the terrace with newspapers and god knows what else. Also the portaloos were at the top of the terracing so you could have a wee and watch the game thru the window!!

Same era, away to Brighton my mate got hit on the head by a bottle of tomato ketchup lobbed from the Brighton section. Seem to remember a few other grocery items also being throw too and fro.

That was very traumatic for me, I had to endure the whole trip home wearing the stench of tomato sauce. Ever since (>30 years), I've not been able to touch the stuff & can't bear the smell.

At the Goldstone in the '78 promotion season the local stupids threw a full Party 4 over the seperating fence. Not great beer but gratefully received and the empty was duly returned.

same match,two saints lads going over the said fence,and scattering the whole brighton end

I remember many years ago, somebody throwing a fish (mackerel, if I remember correctly) into the penalty area from the Milton Road end.

Yes they did. I know exactly who that was and how/why taking mackerels to matches started.

The chant that went along with this was 'Lawrie Mackerel's red and white army' I believe

That was very traumatic for me, I had to endure the whole trip home wearing the stench of tomato sauce. Ever since (>30 years), I've not been able to touch the stuff & can't bear the smell.

Hi Keith!! Saw Owen the other day whilst back in UK and he said you still keep in touch.

If you ever fly back via Dubai with Emirates let me know!!