Le Tissier: "Cortese is not a nice human being"

Saint-Armstrong

Its because peach is a talentless, opportunistic hack who's banking on the fact that outside the saints community, the tiss/cortese isn't common knowledge or a f**ked horse that's been flogged to death. So an unevidenced, unsubstantiated quote is still worth a few throwaway lines' press coverage. Hope scraping for pennies works out for Peach - alternatively he might think about alternative employment or leaving journalism to professionals.

Its because peach is a talentless, opportunistic hack who's banking on the fact that outside the saints community, the tiss/cortese isn't common knowledge or a f**ked horse that's been flogged to death. So an unevidenced, unsubstantiated quote is still worth a few throwaway lines' press coverage. Hope scraping for pennies works out for Peach - alternatively he might think about alternative employment or leaving journalism to professionals.

Do you mind if I use some of this on my headstone?

Ok there is something that has peed Matty off, but he cannot say. Do you not think that he now just gets asked this question over and over again, and he just says the same basic answer. Football is strange as these things never seem to come out. For example WGS had a huge problem with Lowe, but never ever said what it was, but it did mean he left the club.

This is the issue between MLT and Cortese. Cortese said MLT was wrong to keep fronting the bid. MLT still believes what he did was correct (at the book signing a few years back anyway). I just can't see the credibility in any of this after Micky Falka emerged from the back of the sofa with a 5p coin. It would be interesting to ask Matt if he still believes what he did was right but I doubt I will ask that question again.

You only need to read MLT's book to see how he chooses to re-write history surrounding the bid, and has never really admitted since that it was indeed a sham. Rather than just admitting he was duped, he portrays it as "in the end we just couldn't get over the line." He further embellishes that by suggesting that the reason Pinnacle didn't work out was because of FL conditions surrounding the -10 points, and that the document the FL provided for takeover did not rule out further sanctions, and so Pinnacle pulled out at that point allowing the Liebherr group to nip in and "catch up" instead, thereby pipping Pinnacle to the post. There is not one mention to the fact that Michael Fialka was the money man and, well, didn't have any; its a duplicitous lookback of history and he'd be better off just being honest with himself and the fans.

So hang on, people don't like it when they don't know what is going on, now that Simon has tried to shed some light on it, it's absolutely terrible?

Pathetic really.

What exactly has he "shed the light on"? How are we in any way more informed than we were prior to these groundbreaking revelations?

What exactly has he "shed the light on"? How are we in any way more informed than we were prior to these groundbreaking revelations?

You've misquoted me.

"TRIED to shed some light on it."

So we know nothing about the feud. The question is asked. That's trying to find out about it, shed light on it. As it happens, Matt didn't want to say anything. Frankly I'd be amazed if he did turn round and say "Right, the thing is this, Cortese did XYZ" - but at least some effort was made to at least ask about the problem.

You've misquoted me.

So we know nothing about the feud. The question is asked. That's trying to find out about it, shed light on it. As it happens, Matt didn't want to say anything. Frankly I'd be amazed if he did turn round and say "Right, the thing is this, Cortese did XYZ" - but at least some effort was made to at least ask about the problem.

You've answered your own point there then. Matt didn't want to say anything. Therefore there's not really a story; or at least not one of any note. This is just rehashed non-information.

If you can't pin him down on specifics, why not ask him to pick something on a scale (nicest at top).

1) Selflessly donates own organs (that he might need) to help others awaiting transplant surgery

2) Gives up personal ambitions and desire, devoting oneself to lifelong service to others - in destitution if need be.

3) Sacrifices significant portion of life to helping others

4) Would give up seat on bus for old lady

5) Inspirational role model, driven - but not especially moral

6) Would snarl at old lady on bus and make slapping motion with hand in air as she approaches.

7) Cuts people up in traffic. Blocks lanes. Taxi driver, in all probability.

8) Participates in minor acts of nastiness, such as p!ssing in people's petrol tanks or delivering dog-sh!t through a letter box.

9) Amoral gangster. Ruthless streak a mile wide. Access to automatic weapons and conventional explosives. Not arsed about using them.

10) Moriarty on an ecstasy comedown.

10) Global megalomaniac, controlling 60% of nation states behinds the scenes. Nukes badgers. Gasses gerbils. Known as "General Genocide" in most parts of the world.

Can you ask Matty where Cortese fits on that scale?

You've answered your own point there then. Matt didn't want to say anything. Therefore there's not really a story; or at least not one of any note. This is just rehashed non-information.

What the hell are you talking about? It's pretty scathing to say someone is a bad human being isn't it? You really think that's not a story?

I bet no-one is arguing about the point that Le Tiss will remain a fan of the club and won't be put off by any of this. Is that not a non-story as well? We all know he loves the club, would do anything for it, blah blah blah.

Get a grip, the lot of you.

Shed some light? I've seen tea lights shed more.

Congratulations, you too have misquoted me.

Are we sure Simon is a bad journalist when half of you can't read properly?

What the hell are you talking about? It's pretty scathing to say someone is a bad human being isn't it? You really think that's not a story?

I bet no-one is arguing about the point that Le Tiss will remain a fan of the club and won't be put off by any of this. Is that not a non-story as well? We all know he loves the club, would do anything for it, blah blah blah.

Get a grip, the lot of you.

Yes, its a complete non-story dressed up in a new sensational headline. "Cortese is utterly horrible!!! but I shan't tell you why".

I think in the "get a grip" stakes you need to look a bit more inwardly. This is the epitome of sensationalist, non-story journalism. God help us, because Simon Peach is normally a very good journalist. Sadly he seems to have fallen into the trap of the sensational headline with utterly no substance behind it.

Yes, its a complete non-story dressed up in a new sensational headline. "Cortese is utterly horrible!!! but I shan't tell you why".

I think in the "get a grip" stakes you need to look a bit more inwardly. This is the epitome of sensationalist, non-story journalism. God help us, because Simon Peach is normally a very good journalist. Sadly he seems to have fallen into the trap of the sensational headline with utterly no substance behind it.

If this kind of quote went unreported, people would be annoyed, and by the way, it's exactly this sort of thing that has been rumoured on here but never actually been confirmed.

If this kind of quote went unreported, people would be annoyed, and by the way, it's exactly this sort of thing that has been rumoured on here but never actually been confirmed.

Yes except that before the article Simon came on here and said he was only interested in the truth and then he never told us anything that matt hasn't said before.

Yes except that before the article Simon came on here and said he was only interested in the truth and then he never told us anything that matt hasn't said before.

Simon got the truth though didn't he? Personally I think it's a bit alarming for Matt to come out and use those words specifically but I'm in the minority apparently.

So hang on, people don't like it when they don't know what is going on, now that Simon has tried to shed some light on it, it's absolutely terrible?

Pathetic really.

What light has he shed on it though Chris? If the article said something new or substantial then I would be applauding him but it doesn't so it just looks like muck raking and going over old ground again. When even I'm tired of it then you know it has been overdone!

Edit sorry I see you have already answered that. Well if he tried to get interesting information from matt and failed then really he should use his own journalistic judgement and not write anything if there is nothing new to tell. Unless of course he wanted the moolah...

Edited by hypochondriac

If anyone is in doubt about a feud between Cortese and MLT then they need their head's seeing to. Even my mum who knows zero about football knows that there's bad blood between the two. As far as I'm concerned, MLT has two realistic options:

1) Say what his problem with Cortese is, and why its damaging for the club. Or damaging for him, from a personal stance.

2) Keep his powder dry and stop using his various contacts within the media to provoke the feud whilst offering no realistic opportunity for anything positive to come out of it.

MLT seems to have taken a line of not saying what the problem is yet continually dredging up again, either by him or by his associates. Its childish, stupid and needless. And sorry, you may think its news but for me its just cr*p gossip with utterly no substance to it.

What light has he shed on it though Chris? If the article said something new or substantial then I would be applauding him but it doesn't so it just looks like muck raking and going over old ground again. When even I'm tired of it then you know it has been overdone!

Dear oh dear. Anyone want to quote me properly today? I thought Simon was meant to be bad with his quotes in this bizarre reality.

If anyone is in doubt about a feud between Cortese and MLT then they need their head's seeing to. Even my mum who knows zero about football knows that there's bad blood between the two. As far as I'm concerned, MLT has two realistic options:

1) Say what his problem with Cortese is, and why its damaging for the club. Or damaging for him, from a personal stance.

2) Keep his powder dry and stop using his various contacts within the media to provoke the feud whilst offering no realistic opportunity for anything positive to come out of it.

MLT seems to have taken a line of not saying what the problem is yet continually dredging up again, either by him or by his associates. Its childish, stupid and needless. And sorry, you may think its news but for me its just cr*p gossip with utterly no substance to it.

Yes your opinion is quite clear and I still think you're wrong to be honest, but such is the nature of the subject.

I wonder if this will lead to the end of "inside info" from Peachy's source (Sibbers??) at SMS?

It's a very good point.

Simon got the truth though didn't he? Personally I think it's a bit alarming for Matt to come out and use those words specifically but I'm in the minority apparently.

But is there really anything different from what has been said on a number of previous occasions? The article doesn't say anything original to my mind and without specifics it looks like stirring,

This. That is exactly my stance.

I already edited above and apologised

No problem, but here's what I'm saying: A journalist is employed to seek out news. By asking about this feud, the author was doing exactly that. He asked in the hope of finding something new and he got a pretty decent quote...

But is there really anything different from what has been said on a number of previous occasions? The article doesn't say anything original to my mind and without specifics it looks like stirring,

Is it different? To my mind yes. The choice of words are as I say quite shocking to me - has he gone on record with those exact words before, or words to that effect? If he has, okay, you might accuse the author of stirring or churnalism, but as far as I know there hasn't been. Is it news? For me it is, yes.

I understand I'm in the minority on this one chaps, I really do. But to my mind, this is indeed news and as much as I knew Le Tiss didn't like or didn't get on with Cortese, I didn't know it was this bad. Matt has always seemed to me a quite mild-mannered bloke, something must have really got up his arse to say what he said and phrase it in the way he did.

As for Matt: Put up or shut up, yes, I agree. If he is THIS annoyed about it, he ought to do everyone a favour and spill.

For me the irritation is two fold. One is mlt for continuing this with no actual information on why he dislikes him so much. Come out and tell us what is bothering you and I will most likely be on your side considering you are a legend in my eyes.

Secondly is Simon peach for thinking there is a new story here so writing something that says nothing original and only goes over old ground. The he is normally a very good journalist btw.

Ok there is something that has peed Matty off, but he cannot say. Do you not think that he now just gets asked this question over and over again, and he just says the same basic answer. Football is strange as these things never seem to come out. For example WGS had a huge problem with Lowe, but never ever said what it was, but it did mean he left the club.

That for example is complete ********. I have heard Strachan praise Lowe since he left.

I have had several good nights and shared trips to Guernsey in the company of MLT, and have never met NC.

But I am quite happy to accept that NC is not a nice man.

Until he F*cks over the club, which I somehow doubt he will, I am easy with this arrangement !

Agreed. His reputation is innexorably linked to that of the club. He won't do anything to shoot himself in the foot.

You've misquoted me.

Cortese explains this in one of his early South today interviews.

Cortese told Matty he was a thwat for fronting the Pinnacle bid. Matty does not believe he is a thwat and what he did was right. That is it, no more light to be shed, total illumination!

We won't get anything like or as simple as this and it will come down to some incident in a lift with Cortese letting one fly while staring Anne McMenemy in the eye.

I am fed up of Simon Peach and his trolling !

If he wants to investigate something whorthwhile, he would do better to get to the bottom of why we failed to appoint Hoddle in 2004 at the expense of an untried disaster that would have done better staying in the West Country.

Now that would be news. Of course we all know that there has been a major conspiracy...probably.

Why is Peach being crucified for? He's just doing his job. Why can't Matt just say "I don't have anything to say" or "no comment". Unfortunately, a non-story has been made a story again by Matt. Him and Cortese want their heads banging together.

I am fed up of Simon Peach and his trolling !

If he wants to investigate something whorthwhile, he would do better to get to the bottom of why we failed to appoint Hoddle in 2004 at the expense of an untried disaster that would have done better staying in the West Country.

Now that would be news. Of course we all know that there has been a major conspiracy...probably.

I'll say this for you, dalek2003. I know where you stand on an issue :D

Utter sh*t stirring boll*cks. Says nothing new, noting we didn't know just people trying to get stories. Wouldnt surprise me if this was a plant as peach is up sibleys arse all the time. Show an ex player on bad light to get the fans taking about something else than our dodgy transfer window, loan and training ground issues.

Marks out of ten for trying to lighten the mood though and being good, not writing on the wallpaper in crayon? 5/10.

Say what you like. The issue of 2004 has yet to be fully revealed and I expect it is because some people responsible will be severely embarassed if it should.

It did set off a chain of events that nearly saw the demise of the clubs very existence. I am not surprised that some would like the whole episode forgotten about. However, I shall kep that beacon alight until the truth is finally revealed !

Utter sh*t stirring boll*cks. Says nothing new, noting we didn't know just people trying to get stories. Wouldnt surprise me if this was a plant as peach is up sibleys arse all the time. Show an ex player on bad light to get the fans taking about something else than our dodgy transfer window, loan and training ground issues.

Did you also come up with those 9/11 conspiracy theories?

For me, the first three letters of the word "news" are key. The only new thing (to me) in that article is that Harry Redknapp is revered at his former clubs (although I could be misinterpreting). I thought the general opinion of Saints fans is that he is not liked.

According to the article, Matt supposes that the "only real story" will probably come out when Cortese leaves. If that is correct then are a lot of the stories fake or BS?

This stuff from MLT and Mr Peach really is so dull. So Mr Cortese is "not a very nice person". So what, who cares, even if its true (and being not very nice is very subjective). Roam Abramovich is not a very nice person, I suspect the people running Man City and Blackburn are not very nice, we have lots of not very nice people running football clubs, look at the whole host of them down the M27, gun runners, and other ne'er do wells. We have not very nice people running businesses, we have not very nice people running the country, we have some not very nice people who are footballers and some who were footballers. Our previous chairman was not very nice either. There are lots of not very nice people out there. It would be great if everyone was very nice and we all loved each other and world peace broke out. Life's a ***** sometimes. People who are successful in business are often ruthless, I am sure there are some aspects of Cortese's business and even personal ways are not to my taste or many others. Its a non-issue. The fact is that Cortese was instrumental in saving the Club along with the man that we all think was a very nice man (though very few of us actually know that for sure) and within reason as long as Cortese continues to run the club in a way that makes us more likely to be successful we should let him get on with it. If he was to start biting the heads off live chickens on the pitch, or using our cash to fund the KKK or something similar then maybe we would take all this stuff a bit more seriously.

Please can the one or two individuals involved just shut the **** up unless they have something substantial and substantiated to say that would mean that this man is not a fit and proper person to run a football club. If you don't like the bloke, thats fine, we all have people that we don't like, but most don't go around **** stirring and making themselves look foolish.