Saints pay least to agents

trousers

I have to say this is very interesting and if accurate, which we have to assume it is as Agent's fees are now transparent, it shows a refreshing approach to transfer deals. To sign the players we did paying that little in fees is nothing short of spectacular stuff from the finance, legal and exec decision makers at SFC,

Also explains the reason the Buttner deal fell through and possibly a centre half. As a misty eyed romantic that yearns for the days before agents took huge sums from our game I'd even say it was worth a deal or two falling through for the sake of cementing our stance on this.

Also, I do believe last season we again were one of the lowest payers in the Championship?

I have to say this is very interesting and if accurate, which we have to assume it is as Agent's fees are now transparent, it shows a refreshing approach to transfer deals. To sign the players we did paying that little in fees is nothing short of spectacular stuff from the finance, legal and exec decision makers at SFC,

Also explains the reason the Buttner deal fell through and possibly a centre half. As a misty eyed romantic that yearns for the days before agents took huge sums from our game I'd even say it was worth a deal or two falling through for the sake of cementing our stance on this.

Also, I do believe last season we again were one of the lowest payers in the Championship?

So, 7th highest spending in Europe but the lowest in the Premier League for agents' fees. Either NC is a fugging genius or there's another answer.

Until I see evidence that this is true i don't think anyone should develop an opinion either way.

It's on the Premier Leagues website, what more evidence do you want?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/premier-league-release-agents-fees-nov-2012.html

So, 7th highest spending in Europe but the lowest in the Premier League for agents' fees. Either NC is a fugging genius or there's another answer.

Until I see evidence that this is true i don't think anyone should develop an opinion either way.

It's on the Premier Leagues website, what more evidence do you want?

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/premier-league-release-agents-fees-nov-2012.html

Just wondering what you mean, unless I've missed something obvious new legislation means all agents fees have to be declared by law. Both clubs have to agree on every transfer what the fees are, I've checked this with an Agent I know (no prem players but a few in lower leagues where rules are the same) and that is 100% the case?

Just wondering what you mean, unless I've missed something obvious new legislation means all agents fees have to be declared by law. Both clubs have to agree on every transfer what the fees are, I've checked this with an Agent I know (no prem players but a few in lower leagues where rules are the same) and that is 100% the case?

It's great that we are not paying much to agents. Not so great if we get relegated because we couldn't land the defenders/keeper we needed because agents don't like dealing with us (if that is the case).

I think it's a safe assumption that agents don't like us because they get f*ck all money from us, not because we are "difficult to deal with" as was always widely accepted.

It's great that we are not paying much to agents. Not so great if we get relegated because we couldn't land the defenders/keeper we needed because agents don't like dealing with us (if that is the case).

I think it's a safe assumption that agents don't like us because they get f*ck all money from us, not because we are "difficult to deal with" as was always widely accepted.

I'm sure you'd hold the exact same opinion if we paid them the most...

I'm sure you'd hold the exact same opinion if we paid them the most...

Its all very well taking a moral stand against exorbitant agents fees. In a way I kind of applaud the notion. However, and very unfortunately, it is simply a way of life in football these days. Having various contacts in the game myself through some close friends, Ive heard some awful tales about agents, manager and bungs that make you despair for the game. One of my friends worked for a football agent for 4 or 5 years but left as he was disgusted with that whole side of the game. He now works for a football club, but he also knows that agents aren't going anywhere, if anything they'll only get stronger. And (most) football chairmen these days will look at the total cost of the deal, rather than scrutinise the add-ons. They don't really care if 25% goes to the agent as long as it means securing the right player.

Unfortunately chasing a moral crusade and trying to change the game from within will simply put us at a disadvantage; there will, most of the time, be other clubs willing to pay agents fees that we aren't. Hats off for the effort, but I fear it will be futile unless there is much, much, much more scrutiny put on football and all of its hangers on.

Its all very well taking a moral stand against exorbitant agents fees. In a way I kind of applaud the notion. However, and very unfortunately, it is simply a way of life in football these days. Having various contacts in the game myself through some close friends, Ive heard some awful tales about agents, manager and bungs that make you despair for the game. One of my friends worked for a football agent for 4 or 5 years but left as he was disgusted with that whole side of the game. He now works for a football club, but he also knows that agents aren't going anywhere, if anything they'll only get stronger. And (most) football chairmen these days will look at the total cost of the deal, rather than scrutinise the add-ons. They don't really care if 25% goes to the agent as long as it means securing the right player.

Unfortunately chasing a moral crusade and trying to change the game from within will simply put us at a disadvantage; there will, most of the time, be other clubs willing to pay agents fees that we aren't. Hats off for the effort, but I fear it will be futile unless there is much, much, much more scrutiny put on football and all of its hangers on.