Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

Hearts

It may well be post #83 on page 6 but I have not checked

Nah, you're alright on that one, only unveiled today. ;) Away kit also seems to be a different template, none of the other adidas kits have the "raglan" style sleeve seam up to the collar.

+1

Yellow and Blue is incredibly dull, we've had so many yellow and blue away shirts over the last 10 years it's unbelievable.

I would to see something a bit 'out there' like a purple/white shirt, palermo pink shirt or something like that.

If it does turn out to be Black and Gold as rumoured (and look a bit like the mock-ups people have done on previous pages) I'd be very happy.

I'd prefer amber and black, but black and gold will do... we've only actually had four yellow kits (and a navy/yellow one) since 2003 :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyD27-cEsPriQ_CyV2qp0Cb7Kw9d9TpkfucDIAjVlLVCkO7wg8xAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy_b_6Gpo_Q1_2WcUATw91Kxq-AwoDrfugHAeEwuWbNWAleSRFmAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzp_LUTJTRrJ_2GNTCHbD7C6qv7v4GUw4HzRJHpV_H7yd5_zPT010280651245600.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Smg3rZAVjWcRvxfuocgSnTg-8DBI7Q4hTbGEvzY-RwaOVm9N4w

Edited by The9

I'd prefer amber and black, but black and gold will do... we've only actually had four yellow kits (and a navy/yellow one) since 2003 :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyD27-cEsPriQ_CyV2qp0Cb7Kw9d9TpkfucDIAjVlLVCkO7wg8xAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy_b_6Gpo_Q1_2WcUATw91Kxq-AwoDrfugHAeEwuWbNWAleSRFmAimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzp_LUTJTRrJ_2GNTCHbD7C6qv7v4GUw4HzRJHpV_H7yd5_zPT010280651245600.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Smg3rZAVjWcRvxfuocgSnTg-8DBI7Q4hTbGEvzY-RwaOVm9N4w

+ the cup final shirt.

I have to say I'm surprised though, thought it was more than that

It may say something about me as a fan or us as a club at that time - but I have no idea who that is in the third picture in above!

I hadn't even looked at the players !

Sticking my neck out but I think it's Chris Lucketti, who only played about 4 matches for us at the end of the Championship survival season (and had a squad number beginning with 3, I think he was 37). It's more Saints than you though...

I'd forgotten Surman had a squad number beginning with 2 as well. Was he 27 ?

I hadn't even looked at the players !

Sticking my neck out but I think it's Chris Lucketti, who only played about 4 matches for us at the end of the Championship survival season (and had a squad number beginning with 3, I think he was 37). It's more Saints than you though...

I'd forgotten Surman had a squad number beginning with 2 as well. Was he 27 ?

No idea! If it is Lucketti (had to google him, but good shout), how the heck did he get on a website called Sporting Heroes?!

+ the cup final shirt.

I have to say I'm surprised though, thought it was more than that

I was thinking of new shirts, but suppose I should include it as I think we wore it in 2003/4. Actually I know we did, alongside the white one with the red chevrons going up to the collar with dark red shorts and socks. The blue/yellow sleeved one was 2004/06 as we wore it in both Prem and CCC.

Edited by The9

No idea! If it is Lucketti (had to google him, but good shout), how the heck did he get on a website called Sporting Heroes?!

It's got lots of photos of lots of sports people.

Having gone back to the pic, it is him, and was taken in the 1-1 draw against West Brom on 28/4/08. What is slightly scary is that he did play precisely 4 matches and I actually remembered that. Would have been 5 but he couldn't play against Sheff U in the "staying up" game because that's who he was on loan from.

Edited by The9

On an unrelated note, does anyone else find "fantasy kits" utterly pointless and vaguely annoying ?

Mock-ups based on actual information are useful to help people picture things (and sometimes help getting info out of ITKers, worked last year ;)).

But I just don't get the point of sticking inaccurate adverts and logos on a non-existent style of kit, or brand/manufacturer that a club isn't contracted to and won't be wearing. Is it just me that thinks that's a bit weird ? Feasible designs, yes, just made up stuff... why ?

On an unrelated note, does anyone else find "fantasy kits" utterly pointless and vaguely annoying ?

Mock-ups based on actual information are useful to help people picture things (and sometimes help getting info out of ITKers, worked last year ;)).

But I just don't get the point of sticking inaccurate adverts and logos on a non-existent style of kit, or brand/manufacturer that a club isn't contracted to and won't be wearing. Is it just me that thinks that's a bit weird ? Feasible designs, yes, just made up stuff... why ?

Being as the expectation level is for our next to kit to be as sh*t at the current mess, then I guess its a case of "look at what you could have won". Probably a bit pointless, but also shows that its actually pretty easy to design a kit that finds favour with a decent proportion of the fanbase.

I think it's quite funny how a bit of fun making a fantasy kit manages to make its way onto @saintsfcviews, @saintsnews, @anyoldsaintswannabenews as a "this is our kit next season, on twitter. Morons.

Twitter's just full of 'em.

Interesting to see that Toronto shirt, I haven't seen a pic of that before, though I have seen them wearing it on MLS Kicks on ESPN. Not sure it's a new one though, will look into it, can't quite see the sleeve stitching/seams but the red part on the shoulders is in line with the Hearts away shirt.

Being as the expectation level is for our next to kit to be as sh*t at the current mess, then I guess its a case of "look at what you could have won". Probably a bit pointless, but also shows that its actually pretty easy to design a kit that finds favour with a decent proportion of the fanbase.

It's VERY easy to design something most people would like - even the justification that "it's different from stripes to sell more" doesn't hold water when it's "just red" like the previous season. We could easily go normal striped-Rank Xerox striped-narrow striped-sash-wide striped and take in 5 years of shirts without even repeating the general pattern, never mind changing brand or sponsors in that time and all the away kits they could sod about with.

Edited by The9

Toronto kit is a 2012 shirt, also means that Hearts away kit is an old template too. I'd like to think we were a little bit more important than getting a 2012 retread...

You're right it's from 2012, although they still seem to be wearing it in 2013. I would hope the Saint were more important too.

I think so. My money's on a red version of Hearts home kit and a black campeon design.

Red version of Hearts kit, possibly with different collar and probably without the white bits on the sleeves - OR the template as worn by Toronto (home kit, not the white one above). Black with gold seems likely with the badge usage, and also as gold is one of the 5 colours Prem numbers are available in.

I'm hoping for the Toronto template. Tried them on for size the other day, medium is bang on.

Really lightweight and well cut. Only think I don't like is the sew-on badge rather than woven. Usually the print they use for the sponsor is a lot thinner & better integrated than Umbro.

I'm hoping for the Toronto template. Tried them on for size the other day, medium is bang on.

Really lightweight and well cut. Only think I don't like is the sew-on badge rather than woven. Usually the print they use for the sponsor is a lot thinner & better integrated than Umbro.

I would be pleased if it was reverse of the Toronto template (mostly red with white arms and red stripes) but I'd hope we are an important enough client to Adidas to get a 2013 template.

I would be pleased if it was reverse of the Toronto template (mostly red with white arms and red stripes) but I'd hope we are an important enough client to Adidas to get a 2013 template.

Too Arsenal for me.

Like the Toronto shirt, with a bit more red in the body of the shirt and one large white stripe in the middle it would look like the "Rank Xerox/Air Florida" style Keegan era shirts and means we are almost back at stripes without being mistaken for Sunderland, Stoke, Sheff Utd or Brentford!

Now that the online store has removed the existing kit for purchase, does anyone know if this is now available at a sale price?

I'd try emailing the club shop but they're not very good at responding.

I would imagine (though I don't know for sure) that since the Adidas contract starts on June 1st (tomorrow), any Umbro stock would have to be removed and returned / destroyed / given away. Can't imagine Adidas being too chuffed if we sold old Umbro kits with them having just started a contract with us. Could be wrong, but seems a logical explanation.

I would imagine (though I don't know for sure) that since the Adidas contract starts on June 1st (tomorrow), any Umbro stock would have to be removed and returned / destroyed / given away. Can't imagine Adidas being too chuffed if we sold old Umbro kits with them having just started a contract with us. Could be wrong, but seems a logical explanation.

Hmm, could be interesting to see where the kit turns up next...

Ok. If anyone knows the channels that the old shirt will be selling through, can you PM me. Don't care for the shirt myself, but my son wants it.

Pretty sure from what's been said so far that the West Ham away will be the same style as our home kit, if not both home and aways. That's the first of that template I've seen with only the underarm chevron (and not the arm piece) in the contrasting colour and that's exactly what I'm expecting. There's also a very subtle pinstripe, which I'm guessing could be our "stripes" get out again.

Really like the West Ham shirts, classic and subtle. Would be a shame if we got dumped with some all red crap.

Pretty sure from what's been said so far that the West Ham away will be the same style as our home kit, if not both home and aways. That's the first of that template I've seen with only the underarm chevron (and not the arm piece) in the contrasting colour and that's exactly what I'm expecting. There's also a very subtle pinstripe, which I'm guessing could be our "stripes" get out again.

Really like the West Ham shirts, classic and subtle. Would be a shame if we got dumped with some all red crap.

I know where you're coming from, but I'd still be pleased with an exact replica of the Bayern home shirt (with Saints logo and sponsor of course).

I know where you're coming from, but I'd still be pleased with an exact replica of the Bayern home shirt (with Saints logo and sponsor of course).

Won't be much point in putting the Bayern diamond weave pattern onto it though !

Point, counterpoint... :o

MIBORO1.jpg

That Home kit is f_ucking terrible :facepalm: the away isn't too bad I suppose, looks very similar to an old template Montréal Impact shirt a few pages back if my memory serves me correctly.

Won't be much point in putting the Bayern diamond weave pattern onto it though !

True, if we have to have an all red kit with white accents (which is looking increasingly likely) I think the Bayern template (minus the diamond weave) would be acceptable, far nicer than that absolutely dire 'Boro kit above anyway ^ :lol:

Edited by BlakeySFC

True, if we have to have an all red kit (which is looking increasingly likely with white accents(which is looking increasingly likely) I think the Bayern template (minus the diamond weave) would be acceptable, far nicer than that absolutely dire 'Boro kit above anyway ^ :lol:

I'm not sure I can see myself in a scenario where a permanent change to an all-red Saints kit is acceptable to me. It'll always just be a very cheap and needless decision in my eyes and, while it won't make the slightest bit of of difference of course, I would never buy such a kit. I don't mind changing tradition when there's a decent reason for it, or if its backed by the fanbase, but going to all-red seems to just be on one man's whim and I can't get on board with that. Its extremely minor in my list of priorities for supporting Saints, but its still on the list. There we go.

My prediction is that we'll definitely have the reverse of the West Ham away kit, so predominantly red with bits of white including the 3 adidas stripes on the shoulders which will be offered up as our "traditional stripes".

My prediction is that we'll definitely have the reverse of the West Ham away kit, so predominantly red with bits of white including the 3 adidas stripes on the shoulders which will be offered up as our "traditional stripes".

although I agree with this, I am still hoping we end up with stripes.

Hull City have promised stripes for next season and their kit has not been released yet. So maybe we will get a red and white version of that one.