Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

How well did/has the current home kit done (sales). I thought I read somewhere it was selling very well when launched (not entirely sure).

The club announced that it was the fastest selling kit in Saints history, or some other such outlandish claim. In honesty I'd have thought it probably would have sold well. It was a new, different design to anything we've had before, it was only for one year, and it was our return to the PL kit. On the flip side, apparently the white kit has been one of the worst selling kits we've ever had (though this part is unofficial, just a couple of leaks from the club shop I've read here and there).

Be Here Now probably* sold faster than Whats The Story (Morning Glory). Doesn't make it any less awful.

*actually, it did.

They nailed the 'difficult second album' then proceeded to produce an utter turd for their 3rd!

On Kracken's point, I am surprised about the white top. It looks nice, perhaps our inability to wear it in all but 2 fixtures was its downfall?

It really is isn't it?! It's like an argument between 3 designers and with none of them allowed to get their own way their boss made them compromise by making a shirt with a bit of each of their designs. Hideous!

I believe thats what actually happened

F*cking hope our shirts are nothing like the England ones; they're just branded t-shirts, they don't look like football strips at all! Poor effort all-round.

I'd love to have our shirts like that. More T Shirt the better. Can't see it though as everyone seems sure it will be an Adidas kit.

It really is isn't it?! It's like an argument between 3 designers and with none of them allowed to get their own way their boss made them compromise by making a shirt with a bit of each of their designs. Hideous!

Looks to me like Boro got given a few styles to choose from, none of which was the one Saints might be getting, so they had to have one with a bit too much white on it.

Based on the description we've had, the Saints kit could be identical to that except with a red panel at the top instead of the white. The "standard" v-neck collars however suggest they might even be teamwear shirts.

productimage.php?proCatImg=x58020l.jpg or if you like...

378018_10151417715986931_854215768_n.jpg

Edited by The9

Actually that template looks better than I thought it would, which is good as there is a chance we will end up with that one I would have thought.

Anyone seen the 13/14 adidas training range?

I've seen it online, will just have a look, meantime, just done an away kit mock in black/gold.

Looks to me like Boro got given a few styles to choose from, none of which was the one Saints might be getting, so they had to have one with a bit too much white on it.

Based on the description we've had, the Saints kit could be identical to that except with a red panel at the top instead of the white. The "standard" v-neck collars however suggest they might even be teamwear shirts.

productimage.php?proCatImg=x58020l.jpg or if you like...

378018_10151417715986931_854215768_n.jpg

Hideous.

Hideous.

I think it's a nice if plain shirt, but I'd hate it if Saints wore it. I really like the gold away, just like last season I liked the white away and hated the red non-Saintsy home. Same style, but you can get away with more with away kits.

I think it's a nice if plain shirt, but I'd hate it if Saints wore it. I really like the gold away, just like last season I liked the white away and hated the red non-Saintsy home. Same style, but you can get away with more with away kits.

Gold and Black does look nice and I wouldn't mind it if we had an away shirt similar to that.

Just not a fan of an all red home shirt, we're red and white stripes.

They've colour coded theirs all blue Ours might be all red?

I think that's likely, except we've heard there are "white arrows", which could be either template. Same end result though. Booooooooooooooooooooooo.

Very similar to Bayern's shirts (other than the diamond weave) otherwise. And that looks like a 1980s Man U shirt itself !

Going by the Boro kit template.

4vmex5.jpg314c706.jpg

Looking At that second strip and thinking about the rumour of us linking up with an F1 team, it looks an awful lot like the shirts the Lotus team were wearing at Monaco today.

Going by the Boro kit template.

4vmex5.jpg314c706.jpg

Home shirt is seriously dreadful.

Away shirt - indifferent to it, but I'd be prepared to acccept any manner of 'buggeration' of the away kit if we get the home strip right.

Looking At that second strip and thinking about the rumour of us linking up with an F1 team, it looks an awful lot like the shirts the Lotus team were wearing at Monaco today.

Why on earth would Cortese want to be tied in with Lotus-Renault, more likely Red Bull if they are allowed to sponsor soccer. Alcohol, tobacco & confectionary businesses are off limits for sports companies but not sure where an energy drink fits.

Why on earth would Cortese want to be tied in with Lotus-Renault, more likely Red Bull if they are allowed to sponsor soccer. Alcohol, tobacco & confectionary businesses are off limits for sports companies but not sure where an energy drink fits.

The England team are sponsored by the good people at Mars.

Megastore staff told me recently it will be Nike and not Adidas. They also claimed that they have had more complaints about the quality of the current strip than any other in recent history.

Well it can't have been more than the 2005/06 home shirt, which had a collar that didn't stretch and was very difficult to get over your head..

I'd quite like to see something like this:

southampton-home-classic-for-sale-football-shirt-1981-1983-s_11716_1.jpg

With the white curved outwards and faded into the red with a gradient. If anyone could mock that up it'd be nice!

Excellent shirt on display, although not convinced by your suggested variation on it though.

Perhaps the away kit could be in the design of the kitchen roll.

P!ss poor selection of mugs on display btw (top right above shoulder, and immediately above the collar).

I'd quite like to see something like this:

southampton-home-classic-for-sale-football-shirt-1981-1983-s_11716_1.jpg

With the white curved outwards and faded into the red with a gradient. If anyone could mock that up it'd be nice!

One of my favourite shirts.

Any reason for having Skate mugs in your house though?

Edited by BlakeySFC

Slightly unrelated but does anyone know if it's possible to get the retro shirts in small? The mediums they have in the store are pretty big but they never have small when I've asked. Do they even make them or have they given up on the slimmer football fan? Shame as I prefer to have a couple of retros than the new kit.

I'm not sure what sizes they do (other than XL), but you'd probably be better off buying the original than one of those poxy half-assed retros, especially as most of them from the 80s are available in smaller sizes, either where they've shrunk or were just more widely available in S/M and kids' sizes back in the day.