Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

There's a little bit of white.

I like them both. Very smart.

I'm sure they are both smart, but whether they are something you look at and think, "That's Saints...." is another matter.

Looks as though I better keep trying to get used to the red.

Reading between the lines, if Tom and Saintquinn's information is correct then I reckon the 'arrows' are white and under the arms (similar to the black arrow bits on the Werder Bremen away shirt)...

The plot thickens....has the design suddenly been green-lit by Cortese et al. is that why this info has suddenly been released?

katalog-adidas-tiro-13-trikot-750x421.jpg

There are a couple of adidas templates with the chevron underarm effect at the moment - that's the same as the Chelsea one so could be an option. Or it could be the same as the Toronto home :

941759_10151404868866931_1043056674_n.jpg

This was the Chelsea leak - same style as the Toronto one

chelsea-home-shirt-2013-14-600x515.jpg

though the actual kit didn't have the white flashes, and also the sleeve is diagonal as with the teamweat above, not squared off :

Chelsea+13+14+Home+Kit+1.jpg

The other thing to note is that the training kit has a "join" across the chest, whilst the Chelsea shirt (and presumably most other pro shirts) doesn't. Though I've already posted a Japanese one that does have the "join".

The other thing to note is that the training kit has a "join" across the chest, whilst the Chelsea shirt (and presumably most other pro shirts) doesn't. Though I've already posted a Japanese one that does have the "join".

TOKY1.jpg

The Chelsea home is the same style as the black Stoke away, fwiw, just with the colour panels not contrasting.

Edited by The9

Are kit designers generally getting worse? Because it really seems that way.

I think the (three-ish) adidas templates this year are generally quite nice (even the "big V" works in some incarnations), though they are very plain and exactly the sort of generic stuff adidas have been getting slated for in the past few years.

However, some of the twists on the standard template are nice. The Sounders have a blended stripe effect on their lime green thing, Wolfsburg have that sash on the white kit, and the Montreal home pattern tips a hat to late 80s adidas retro style.

Ours for example MIGHT have had a nice little Saints crest printed on or woven into the fabric to make it less templatey, or a pinstripe, or some shadow stripes. Though the Chelsea one has shadow stripes, Wolfsburg away has pinstripes and the Stoke one is just plain.

So the "plain style but with design quirks" actually works quite well for me, when they've made an effort.

None of that makes the blindest bit of difference to me if it's not bloody stripes though.

There are a couple of adidas templates with the chevron underarm effect at the moment - that's the same as the Chelsea one so could be an option. Or it could be the same as the Toronto home :

941759_10151404868866931_1043056674_n.jpg

That's hideous.

Hopefully all these rumours are false and we return to our stripes. They are our identity after all.

I liked the Toronto kit. Least it has a bit of identity and looks quite smart. If you're going plain red it can still be interesting. It's Man Utd and City that get me, just the same old blue or red tshirt effectively.

I did think when we got a red kit though it must be permanent. You can't completely change a kit 4 years in a row and have no identity. I'd rather have stuck with the sash but there we go. Needs to be a non-white away kit though, that current one is nice but has barely been worn.

Toronto Shirt is very nice - my brother in law has one. I would be happy with that template but non too keen on that teamwear one above (like the stoke away). Bland is not the word!

Here's what i did last night just after the 'leaks' came out. Let's see how long these take to find their way to Twitter and be thrown around as 'next seasons home and away kit' like last seasons ones i created did!

rtgy02.jpg

The black one looks great, love the use of the silver crest on that - I've got a feeling that will be used this year on a shirt, as it's being used more and more in media. not sure on the Red one though. Stripes no more it seems. Oh well

The black one looks great, love the use of the silver crest on that - I've got a feeling that will be used this year on a shirt, as it's being used more and more in media. not sure on the Red one though. Stripes no more it seems. Oh well

There are stripes - but just on the sleeves!

Here's what i did last night just after the 'leaks' came out. Let's see how long these take to find their way to Twitter and be thrown around as 'next seasons home and away kit' like last seasons ones i created did!

rtgy02.jpg

Tom28 said black and gold for the away, though I can see why you'd go with silver. Of course there are Prem numbers in gold, so that would make a bit of sense.

Template is a little bit off though isn't it ? Adidas Stripes are way too far down the arms. I haven't used these templates since my laptop blew up a year or so ago, can't be bothered to re-download them all ! Is there another one for the Stoke away/Chelsea home kits with the diagonal section on the sleeves ?

Says me who's just chucked up a half-assed colour-wash tweak. :)

rtgy02.jpg

Well done. Excellent mock ups.

I'd take those. A decent compromise on the all red look. Be interesting to see the underarm white bits go all the way down though.

Well done. Excellent mock ups.

I'd take those. A decent compromise on the all red look. Be interesting to see the underarm white bits go all the way down though.

Would be interesting but none of the adidas kits I've seen have got that, and that template doesn't allow for it, the bottom of the "arrow" is a seam from the back of the shirt.

Would be interesting but none of the adidas kits I've seen have got that, and that template doesn't allow for it, the bottom of the "arrow" is a seam from the back of the shirt.

The current Swansea kit is white and gold so maybe our away will just be a black version of that? Plus it also looks like it has seams that go all the way down on each side, curving round to the front.

tumblr_m96crnpRQh1qc3v3qo1_500.jpg

Another Black and Gold Adidas kit:

-Away-Black-Gold-Letter-Jerseys-3091_LRG.jpg

I know these are older templates but interesting to see the gold decal.

I quite like the Swansea/Real Madrid kits.

Please no not another plain black kit, no matter how it is 'trimmed' and dressed up, its awful and uninspiring. Every team now must have had this strip, its becoming the new 'yellow and blue' for predictability.

Also "gold", are we correct in assuming "gold", as opposed to an "old gold" or amber, with black ?

rtgy02.jpg

Love them. I'd be happy with both of those.

rtgy02.jpg

Dreadful, but not unexpected standard.

rtgy02.jpg

Brilliant work, love the away, would be happy with the home. I wouldn't mind doing some designs myself, what are you using and can it be done on a mac?