Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

Agree with both of above comments.

But would still like a return to the KK era kit, if not conventional stripes.

The Portland Timbers kit looks the favourite option to date. Out of interest does this have a contrast panel on the reverse as well, or is it a plain back ?

Plain backs on both kits :

Timbers_Earthquakes_CM023.jpg

yhst-128935258516932_2259_4621943

Got to say I REALLY like the socks though.

Probably not even worth putting on here to be honest...

But some guy on twitter earlier was saying that he asked the staff in the Megastore about kits next season and was told it would be Nike...

Don't believe it myself as can't see why general staff would know but just passing on this info/rumour/speculation just in case anyone cares.

Do you still hav o he pain back of shirt in Europe? Going for Euro action via the fair play league might possibly have an effect on shirt design

Yes, you can't have numbers on a striped back in Europe, it has to be a plain panel.

However, that won't have any effect given that the deal and shirt choice were probably in the bag about 3 months ago if not before, we'd just bring out a Euro shirt with a plain back if we needed to.

Probably not even worth putting on here to be honest...

But some guy on twitter earlier was saying that he asked the staff in the Megastore about kits next season and was told it would be Nike...

Don't believe it myself as can't see why general staff would know but just passing on this info/rumour/speculation just in case anyone cares.

The staff do occasionally get a sniff, I found out we were keeping the yellow shirt via a friend of a member of staff in the summer after a Facebook discussion about us playing a preseason friendly in yellow with otherwise strangely redundant blue Premier League numbers on the back.

But I haven't heard ANYTHING about this kit, though the online rumour is adidas, and the Nike rumour as just as likely to be from a random person assuming we'll move to Nike from Umbro like England and Man City, when our Umbro contract will have ended so there's nothing to "convert to Nike", and Nike don't own Umbro any more anyway.

Still waiting to hear or see anything tangible, and as ever slightly bewildered as to why the club doesn't at least announce the new supplier to kick off a bit of buzz, which plenty of other sides have done when still under contract to other manufacturers.

No way would saints shop spill anything, they fear the don.

It is 110% adidas, put ur house on it.

Not "officially", but I have heard minor things from people I know know, via other people.

Where's the adidas news coming from then ? They and Nike are notoriously bad at stopping leaked pics and I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet if it's either of those.

Edited by The9

various, but no kit sites. Other than FSC what sites do you visit??

FSC, which has gone downhill in the past 2 years, football-shirts.co.uk, which was good in 2012 but has also gone a bit to seed, and recently Todos Camisetas, once it became clear that all the former two were doing for a while was nicking all of their leaks. :)

I occasionally pop into Design Football, SoccerBible, Historical Football kits, and Classic Kits too, amongst others. Don't bother with the forums though, I'm not interested in fantasy kits, just actual designs and anything on those pitches up on the main pages soon enough.

Bit of a palaver with the 2 different leaked Chelsea kits this season !

Well the person who I heard that there are plans to make a joint saints and Adidas megastore in West Quay from is a pretty reliable source. Though they are just plans at the moment.

Ah, interesting. That's as close as I've seen to any kind of "brand" news, the next question being whether the kit will be stripes, and then if it will be sold in stores outside Southampton...

Ah, interesting. That's as close as I've seen to any kind of "brand" news, the next question being whether the kit will be stripes, and then if it will be sold in stores outside Southampton...

I would laugh my arse off if it is Adidas next season, and they sold our shirts in their outlet store in P*mpey hahahaha

I would laugh my arse off if it is Adidas next season, and they sold our shirts in their outlet store in P*mpey hahahaha

I've been on the other end of it with Cardiff City shirts suddenly appearing in the Newport sports store I worked in in the early 90s back when Newport had gone bust and Cardiff were a terrible lower league side. It would REALLY annoy the locals, it wasn't just me moving them to the back of the rail back then. :D

I've just read something that said black was ditched from Saints current kits at the request of chairman NC. He wanted Red and White (colours of the Swiss flag) as a tribute to ML. It went on to say that all future kits will be Red & White but don't be surprised to see green appear on the shirts instead of black. I think this may have been a tongue-in-cheek comment in relation to NC being a bit of a control freak and him wanting the team to play in the colours of the Italian flag... I wouldn't put it past him.

Decided to upload my adidas Xerox tribute 2013/14 style Portland Timbers reversed Spain-type massive V-neck thingy. Bit overexposed but it's only a mock-up.

12424_10151363076056931_956117596_n.jpg

The "Swiss colours" thing has been in the back of my mind for a couple of years, but I think it's cobblers.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/13/14-kits/chelsea-2013-2014-adidas-home-football-shirt.html

The new Chelsea shirt.

Maybe something similar in red or white with thin red or white stripes? If NC wants to keep the heavy red theme it could be a runner, but would probably be too similar to this years.

We couldn't look more like Liverpool if we tried, if we had a red version of that. I am mildly amused that BOTH the Chelsea "leaks" turned out to be fakes though.

Here's one I submitted last summer:

saintjackosnewkitidea.jpg

I would possibly add a bit more black trim and would definitely combine it with black shorts. It may also need a bit more red and a bit less white. Nevertheless, hopefully you get the idea! :)

(PS I appreciate that clubs aren't as free as this to create their own designs and have to go with variations based upon manufacturers designs, but that's a shame in my opinion!)

Here's one I submitted last summer:

saintjackosnewkitidea.jpg

I would possibly add a bit more black trim and would definitely combine it with black shorts. It may also need a bit more red and a bit less white. Nevertheless, hopefully you get the idea! :)

(PS I appreciate that clubs aren't as free as this to create their own designs and have to go with variations based upon manufacturers designs, but that's a shame in my opinion!)

Urgh. I'm being polite. ;)

I've just read something that said black was ditched from Saints current kits at the request of chairman NC

Black doesn't seem that out of favour, they've not long given the St Mary's stadium reception area a makeover and it's predominantly black. I wouldn't think too many would be surprised to see our second kit next season black maybe with silver badge and trim like the SMS decor, who knows they might even do a 'Cardiff' on us and do it as the home one! :scared:

Can someone do a mock up of a few of those striped shirts in red and white ? AC Milan or Montreal for me....

Maybe when I'm bored.

Just seen the new Valerenga shirt, I'd love to see this in a silver/black or yellow/blue. Like the socks and they'd look good in red/white too, though I prefer the diagonal 3 stripe flash socks some of the MLS sides have.

VALE2.jpg

25-12264-J.jpg

Edited by The9

Wow love that shirt.

Adidas have the mls tied up here, they may well be designed directly in the states as their ranges have a lot more variety and colour combos.

Compare to the frankly dull stoke, Sunderland and west brom offerings.

Like those socks too, have they been seen outside mls? Don't think so.

Wow love that shirt.

Adidas have the mls tied up here, they may well be designed directly in the states as their ranges have a lot more variety and colour combos.

Compare to the frankly dull stoke, Sunderland and west brom offerings.

Like those socks too, have they been seen outside mls? Don't think so.

Not yet, but then there aren't many "official" releases, MLS is one of the few leagues that has started with the 2013/14 kits already, and you don't often see the socks until launch or online sales.

Anyway, here's another variation on the adidas template :

Third%20Kit%20DL%20%281%29.jpg

Not yet, but then there aren't many "official" releases, MLS is one of the few leagues that has started with the 2013/14 kits already, and you don't often see the socks until launch or online sales.

Anyway, here's another variation on the adidas template :

Third%20Kit%20DL%20%281%29.jpg

Fook in' 'ell!

Another possibility (if adidas) could be the Basel shirt in red and white, Feyenord style, guess they could call it 2 big stripes!

Fook in' 'ell!

Another possibility (if adidas) could be the Basel shirt in red and white, Feyenord style, guess they could call it 2 big stripes!

It won't be the Basel shirt on this thread, as that's this season's. Tbh most of the adidas kits are one of 3 styles, the MLS shirts have a variety of faffy prints on the front but they're basically the same styles aside from the daft print.

@SaintsfcViews: informed by a sources from St Mary's next year the kit will likely be from Addidas, and a major colour change as Cortese Hayes red+white

@gossipsfc: @SaintsfcViews despite being chairman it's like making city be red or united blue! Just can't see it mate! Maybe different away kit tho

@saintbillb: @gossipsfc @saintsfcviews he's got rid of the red and white carrier bags and the programme is black - could we be the black army? #saintsfc

@SaintsfcViews: @gossipsfc I'd hate to see it as well. We have always been Red and White Army, but we know what Cortese is like..

@SaintsfcViews: @saintbillb @gossipsfc Mu source has hinted towards a kit colour of Black and gold, I think this could look nice, but love red and white

@simongurney: @SaintsfcViews @gossipsfc we do know. Pick a decision he's made that's been wrong? Not easy.

No idea if any of this is true. Just reporting on what's on ***tter

Gut feeling is we will get a primarily white kit this year. Basic marketing. Have a rotation of red, then white, then stripes. Keeps people buying so they don't keep wearing last years shirt. Surely NC wouldn't change from red and white? Would he.

Gut feeling is we will get a primarily white kit this year. Basic marketing. Have a rotation of red, then white, then stripes. Keeps people buying so they don't keep wearing last years shirt. Surely NC wouldn't change from red and white? Would he.

the white kit we have now would be ideal. Much better than the red one we have.