Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

• 3 weeks later...

Having been off SWF for a little while I wondered what the latest speculation was as to next season's kit. I had to go to page five of the threads to finds this. What the fook is wrong with you people? This thread would have been in the top half of page one since January over the past five seasons or so.

Or have you got something more interesting to talk about of late? ;)

Having been off SWF for a little while I wondered what the latest speculation was as to next season's kit. I had to go to page five of the threads to finds this. What the fook is wrong with you people? This thread would have been in the top half of page one since January over the past five seasons or so.

Or have you got something more interesting to talk about of late? ;)

Maybe! The question now is will they give us something dull & generic like stoke, Sunderland or something more bespoke ie Chelsea, Bolton, Swansea, mls etc??

are any Adidas kits good? They always look far too busy IMO.

Chez google image the teams I mentioned, I will let you be the judge.

Am sad we are leaving the one last British kit brand but excited to see what probably the biggest brand in world football can do with us.

Desperately hoping for a saints adidas originals range, but usually for the huge clubs only.

Pochettino gave a pre-match press conference (before Reading) in a blue #shudder Nike hoodie.

Just saying.

Equally, Jordan Sibley Tweeted this earlier today about Adidas kit launches...

Jordan Sibley ‏@jordansibley 1h

Think it's fair to say that @adidasfootball and @chelseafc have upped the stakes in terms of new kit video teasers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDLoJ6cevW4

I see Jordan Sibley also tweeted something to do with Adidas tonight.

@jordansibley: Think it's fair to say that @adidasfootball and @chelseafc have upped the stakes in terms of new kit video teasers! http://t.co/cMkf4mQjCj

Yep, news leaked here 1st. Now that sibbles has tweeted an arse licking adidas tweet that all but confirms it officially of there was any doubt.

Sibley reminds me of Sebastien from little Britain. Nasty nic the PM

As one of the few on this forum who actually like the current pinstripe kit I wouldn't be overly fussed if there was a similar design in place for next season.

If we do go back to stripes next season I hope that it isn't just the generic stripes of 08-10 or 05/06 and something a bit different, similar to the mock-ups found previously in this thread.

I think we've got two choices: Generic Nike Kit (see Barnsley and Everton) or Generic Adidas (Stoke, WBA, Sunderland) realistically.

Personally, I feel the generic Adidas designs look better than the generic Nike designs so I'd marginally prefer them over Nike.

Aren't umbro being bought out by Nike? So that's what we'll have? or is the umbro deal ending?

Umbro got bought by Nike about 3 years ago, Nike took over their decent contracts and sold the name on last December, and our Umbro contract ends after this season anyway.

In what way ?

Given that the current kit isn't striped, I'd be hopeful that that would be one of them. Also, we couldn't get a new Umbro deal even if we wanted to, and logically we'll want to move away from the limited distribution deal we have as well.

Which reminds me, there have been a few new kit launches since I've been on holiday :

Bayern 3rd kit :

BayernMunich3rd.jpg

Hammarby (vaguely striped Kappa) :

Hammarby.jpg

The aap3 deal runs for one more season, so unless we've found a big sponsor to pay them off, we'll still be with them.