Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

Equally, Jordan Sibley Tweeted this earlier today about Adidas kit launches...

Jordan Sibley ‏@jordansibley 1h

Think it's fair to say that @adidasfootball and @chelseafc have upped the stakes in terms of new kit video teasers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDLoJ6cevW4

They really did take the chant about never winning the JPT to heart didnt they!

Good detective work! Now understand the secrecy.

makes sense. Adidas would present sfc with designs, sfc pick one but aap3 have to sign it off (probably already have).

Imo I think colours will be the same as usual but incorporating more white. I doubt stripes are back yet.

Rank Xerox anyone? That is the one left yet to imitate.

The sponsor should change if nothing else - the deal with aap3 is up at the end if this season - and Saints have actively been looking for a new shirt sponsor.

That's not to say aap3 wont renew if Saints can't find another sponsor.

The sponsor should change if nothing else - the deal with aap3 is up at the end if this season - and Saints have actively been looking for a new shirt sponsor.

That's not to say aap3 wont renew if Saints can't find another sponsor.

aap3 deal runs till 2014. This is only second season of the deal.

Isn't the 'apr' sponsorship up?

Good to see they've made an everlasting impression ;) ......It's aap!!

:) Yeah, bit of a schoolboy error and was 3 posts and out!

Reckon we'll be going all big global brand on our shiny new shirts..........................'apr' is a plumbing firm in Oxford!

Had a thought last night watching the Spuds match: IF we are switching to Adidas and IF we are going to have something completely different from before, how about a variation of the Basel shirt - red and white halves?

(Don't a clue how to mock one up but here is a pic of their red/blue halves)

IMG_4880.jpghttp://www.fcb.ch/media/Neue_News_Bilder_201011/XL_Bilder/IMG_4880.jpg

Had a thought last night watching the Spuds match: IF we are switching to Adidas and IF we are going to have something completely different from before, how about a variation of the Basel shirt - red and white halves?

(Don't a clue how to mock one up but here is a pic of their red/blue halves)

IMG_4880.jpghttp://www.fcb.ch/media/Neue_News_Bilder_201011/XL_Bilder/IMG_4880.jpg

Fair play you'r only going on IFs but god I hope not! I honestly don't see the issue with proper red and white stripes.

Quite liked some of the examples posted above, the retro adidas and strangely the nike in particular, and I feel that if pishing around is to be done it'd be best done with the away kit.

That and when we have our triumphant march on Europe we could always have a "third" kit again. The red and white back about eight or ten years (im sure somebody will correct me!) was alrite for me.

Good detective work! Now understand the secrecy.

makes sense. Adidas would present sfc with designs, sfc pick one but aap3 have to sign it off (probably already have).

Imo I think colours will be the same as usual but incorporating more white. I doubt stripes are back yet.

Rank Xerox anyone? That is the one left yet to imitate.

If that's the route we go I'll be very surprised if it's not very similar to that Portland Timbers shirt earlier on the thread.

Also, that Basel shirt is a 2012/13 template, even if we had halves the style won't be like that.

The all red thing might not appeal so much to Don Cortese when Cardiff get promoted.

If either Sunderland or Stoke go down then the branding case for red and white stripes improves.

Personally think a Rank Xerox homage covers all bases.

The all red thing might not appeal so much to Don Cortese when Cardiff get promoted.

If either Sunderland or Stoke go down then the branding case for red and white stripes improves.

Personally think a Rank Xerox homage covers all bases.

It would make sense. Red & white stripes are what the majority of fans want to see, but I'm not sure if they're what the majority want to buy. Doing something different encourages more sales. A Rank Xerox style kit would be a great choice IMO, and also be a nod to heritage while offering something different to keep the commercial interest going.

Agreed. Time for the Rank Xerox/Air Florida remix kit. Legendary Saints kit and the one everyone thinks of when they think of Saints

This is still my all time favourite Saints shirt, so would love it to make a comeback.

And if only we could finish 2nd again while wearing it............ (by the way, NO, I don't think there is the remotest possibility of this happening...)

This is the Timbers kit I'm referring to : yhst-128935258516932_2253_54791

I like this, but we need the reverse image, ie white front panel and red sides to match the RX kit. That would also look better with black shorts, as per the original.

Just out of interest, do Rank Xerox still exist anymore, or Air Florida for that matter?

aap3 deal runs till 2014. This is only second season of the deal.

Maybe but Saints having been looking around for a new shirt sponsor so maybe aap3 want out early - and Saints can probably get more money elsewhere with a bigger and better sponsor

Also from what I hear I don't think we are going back to red and white stripes with the shirt

I like this, but we need the reverse image, ie white front panel and red sides to match the RX kit. That would also look better with black shorts, as per the original.

Yeah, I've already mocked one up, but thanks to Turkish's baiting, I'm not uploading it. So you can all be furious with him now. ;)

Maybe but Saints having been looking around for a new shirt sponsor so maybe aap3 want out early - and Saints can probably get more money elsewhere with a bigger and better sponsor

That's as maybe, but to do that aap3 would need to agree to be bought out of the final year of the deal.

Yeah, I've already mocked one up, but thanks to Turkish's baiting, I'm not uploading it. So you can all be furious with him now. ;)

awh.. go on 9er... give us a look mate.

I really hope we go with an 'Ajax style' kit. Either the timbers above or the reverse

That's as maybe, but to do that aap3 would need to agree to be bought out of the final year of the deal.

I think it's more a case of aap3 would willingly give it up - they probably didn't budget for promotion to the Premier League and as a business-to-business brand I don't really see what they get out of it

Depends how the contract is worded at the end of the day. I guess break clauses can be inserted which allow one or the other party to break or indeed both.

Both horrible (too much white) and the 2012/13 season's template.

PS This is what I'm referring to : saints_adidas_20130413_1619591245.jpg

Looks more like a training top to me

Agree with both of above comments.

But would still like a return to the KK era kit, if not conventional stripes.

The Portland Timbers kit looks the favourite option to date. Out of interest does this have a contrast panel on the reverse as well, or is it a plain back ?