Duo return to sort out their own mess ?

fos1

Wilde in last night's Echo made the following points re the recent figures released by the club

“I don’t think anyone needs to look any further then this set of results to see why the changes in the board in May were necessary "

“I think now people will be able to understand why things happened like they did “

“You really don’t need to look any further than these figures to see why the change was needed"

This is priceless hypocrisy - surely Wilde must appreciate the very people who instigated this mess were a manager appointed by his sidekick Lowe and the executives who were personally installed by him. Wilde's failure to deliver the promised investment was the catalyst for the whole collapse in our financial fortunes. Sure the executives let Burley have too much rope and sure they were gambling on investors who turned out to be no more than tyre kickers but they had no real choice because it was Wilde who had chosen the path which the club had taken based on a downright untruth. No wonder he couldn't wait to resign after less than a year to slink off to his tax haven in Jersey. And now he is trying to justify his return as a blessing. You couldn't make it up.

He's bound to say that isn't he! The finances were a shambolic mess long before Leon Crouch came to the rescue.

Judas and the Smarmy Little Twerp would like us to swallow their version of history as all 'victors' do but that doesn't change history for those that lived through it.

Agree 100%......we have to airbrush Lowe and Wilde's mistakes and just move on, apparently.

As you so rightly say it isnt that easy when you have lived, and suffered, through it !

Wilde in last night's Echo made the following points re the recent figures released by the club

“I don’t think anyone needs to look any further then this set of results to see why the changes in the board in May were necessary "

“I think now people will be able to understand why things happened like they did “

“You really don’t need to look any further than these figures to see why the change was needed"

This is priceless hypocrisy - surely Wilde must appreciate the very people who instigated this mess were a manager appointed by his sidekick Lowe and the executives who were personally installed by him. Wilde's failure to deliver the promised investment was the catalyst for the whole collapse in our financial fortunes. Sure the executives let Burley have too much rope and sure they were gambling on investors who turned out to be no more than tyre kickers but they had no real choice because it was Wilde who had chosen the path which the club had taken based on a downright untruth. No wonder he couldn't wait to resign after less than a year to slink off to his tax haven in Jersey. And now he is trying to justify his return as a blessing. You couldn't make it up.

As I posted the other day, you've got to laugh! The biggest pair of hypocrites ever to set foot inside a football stadium. Absolutely hilarious article. If he believes what he said, then he's more deluded and supid than I thought. Laughable!

One matter did stand out to me though, if Wilde (side) stepped down (and hid in cowardly exile!) upon the realisation that his own disasterous 'manifesto' failed on every level, then he must have wanted Crouch to step in so he had a scapegoat to pass on all the blame (i.e. Wilde didn't have the balls to stand up and admit his failure, much like Lowe. They have that much in common). What a pathetic waste of a space, the pair of 'em!

The fault lies firmly at the boards feet. They were either too week to say no to the manager or gambling fools.

No blame lies with Rupert Lowe. He may have brought in a supposedly top manager, but he did not sanction the transfer kitty or wages with have put us in this mess.

Still if you think we're in a mess what about this country with 118 billion pound debts.

The fault lies firmly at the boards feet. They were either too week to say no to the manager or gambling fools.

No blame lies with Rupert Lowe. He may have brought in a supposedly top manager, but he did not sanction the transfer kitty or wages with have put us in this mess.

Still if you think we're in a mess what about this country with 118 billion pound debts.

Rasiak was one of Lowe's last acts, and he was probably on the highest wages of anyone at the club plus the transfer fee we paid. But of course, no blame ever lies with Lowe.

I really hate to defend Burley, as he was appalling and wasted countless funds when they were most precious, BUT, what manager wouldn't accept the funds and spend them? It was the board's responsibility to keep the club running and not put the future at risk. They messed it up completely. Yes, any half decent manager would have not only had us competing for the league, but more importantly, made sure such transfer investment had a larger resale value, but it was still a risk. Burley was Lowe's worst decision IMO and has cost us no doubt. But it doesn't matter much who is to blame now or why these things happened. If we don't start looking at the present situation and looking forward soon we won't have a future as a club at all.

Yes it does matter who is to blame, especially when it is one of the culprits responsible blaming everyone else.

Quisling really has been schooled well by Ru**rt hasn't he?

He rewrites history very elegantly, and instead of using the "lunatic fringe" phrase he has now described those who do not crawl way up his @ss as "the small, but vocal, negative elements of our support base".

Sounds like Ru**rt's long lost twin.

Rasiak was one of Lowe's last acts, and he was probably on the highest wages of anyone at the club plus the transfer fee we paid. But of course, no blame ever lies with Lowe.
Im not sure of the timescale but I thought the deal for Rasiak was finalised after RL left.

You could not make it up if you tried. I spoke to a guy at the game last night, who has

supported the club for 57 years, and he said he will not be coming back next year,

if Lowe and Wilde are still here. There are more and more fans saying the same, but

you still get some on here defending them.

well if he has supported the club for 57 years he has seen a lot worse than has been served up this season.

He's bound to say that isn't he! The finances were a shambolic mess long before Leon Crouch came to the rescue.

RESCUE you are having a laugh.LS posted an email from MW to somebody and in it it mentioned the excesses that took place under him. Forget not his denial that we had sold up the Walcot deal etc earlier.He is not without blame.

Maybe as he post on here when it suits him he will respond to this thread,

but don`t hold your breath as i don`t think he has the courage.

Was that the same time when we had 3.5 million in the bank and Rasiak was in form.

Don't get taken in by the PR spin or the weasel words.

The £3.5 million that we had on deposit conveniently did not include the amount at the same time that was in the overdraft.

A good chunk of the £3.5 million that was in the bank had to be paid the day after Lowe and his cabal left to players as "loyalty bonuses" - ie The next instalment of their signing on fees. This would have been covered by contractual law.

It would be a bit like you saying that you had x in the bank just after you got paid and just before you had to pay your mortgage, your rates and all the other bills. In theory you have the money ... but in practice you do not.

Was that the same time when we had 3.5 million in the bank and Rasiak was in form.

Ah, but form on the pitch is usually not considered relevant in the Lowe supporter vision of SFC, it is all about the finance. But I agree, he was one of our most important and influential players and therefore I was happy that he signed. I am also glad that you see the merit of signing players of this calibre so you must also agree that the signing of Saga for big money was correct as he was arguably the most in-form player in the team towards the end of his loan season.

Are these Wildes words or what Rupert told Wilde to say?

I really do think Wilde is so blinkered to the truth (i.e he's the biggest culptit in the clubs woes post relegation) that he has convinced himself he's telling the truth, but i guess that'll be it for a While from Judas so we'll be spared anymore of his drivel for a bit.

cartoon-snake.jpg

Edited by Mole

The anti-Lowe anti-Wilde stuff is just so boring, that I rarely bother reading the same old rants from the same old names. What a shame that there can't be a single forum dedicated to the anti's then they could spend their time being miserable together. Even the insults are just so repetitive that nothing is new any more.

Rants on here will not change anything and the only thing that will get this club going again will be if some of the signings turn out to be successful, or if some of the young players turn out to be diamonds. For that to happen you need luck. Football coaches know full well that you cannot say with certainty that a good 16 yr old will turn out to be as good in his 20s. Luck has kept us afloat financially, but we need more, only you can't go out and buy luck.

The anti-Lowe anti-Wilde stuff is just so boring, that I rarely bother reading the same old rants from the same old names. What a shame that there can't be a single forum dedicated to the anti's then they could spend their time being miserable together. Even the insults are just so repetitive that nothing is new any more.

Rants on here will not change anything and the only thing that will get this club going again will be if some of the signings turn out to be successful, or if some of the young players turn out to be diamonds. For that to happen you need luck. Football coaches know full well that you cannot say with certainty that a good 16 yr old will turn out to be as good in his 20s. Luck has kept us afloat financially, but we need more, only you can't go out and buy luck.

Including yours.

Its lucky you don't go to SM because you might end up sitting next to someone who thinks differently to you.

The only thing that will get this football club back on track is some additional finance and the money grabbing tw4ts currently sitting in that boardroom being changed, for a completely new setup!! That won’t happen, it never will until one individual offers a substantial amount to force all of them to accept to sell (RL, MW, LC etc), and in the current economic slow down, a lot of people have safer places to put their money, instead of a football club!

It’s gonna be like this for a while, so get over it! If not, do the euro millions each week and pray hard!

Rupert can't have it both ways. I seem to remember him saying he had lined up deals when he left that would have spent as much as Wilde did.

They are a pair of liars who deserve each other. Lower than a snakes belly.

You know what to do then prof. I'll get your coat!

They've ruined the club between them - simple as that. If we think the club is at an all time low (Lowe?) now, I think there's every chance of a lot more pain in store over the course of the next few months.

Seriously considering giving up the ST next summer like many others....nothing to do with the kids playing...its all about being held in contempt by Lowe - he has no respect for his 'customers'. That's why so many are walking away.

They've ruined the club between them - simple as that. If we think the club is at an all time low (Lowe?) now, I think there's every chance of a lot more pain in store over the course of the next few months.

Seriously considering giving up the ST next summer like many others....nothing to do with the kids playing...its all about being held in contempt by Lowe - he has no respect for his 'customers'. That's why so many are walking away.

Please tell me how you are being held in contempot by RL? Has he said anything at all disrespectful to the fans since he has returned....Not in my opinion, but please let me know what he has if so

Please tell me how you are being held in contempot by RL? Has he said anything at all disrespectful to the fans since he has returned....Not in my opinion, but please let me know what he has if so

His sneering remarks in the financial reports cover letter.

Contempot?

Priceless! You stand up and defend Lowe regardless. Have you ever considered being objective?

Well, the sneering attitude of Rupert doesn’t help. Yes, in Lowe’s first failed tenure many grew sick of his patronizing, arrogant and largely condescending attitude towards the fans (and glee in being in the media spotlight). Many preferred he would shut up. However, the board have gone from one extreme (well, maybe not in Wilde’s case – he’s always cowered in silence) to another and the club now have a media blackout, only releasing inane snippets that most of us had already learned on the grapevine.

The new term adopted by the Lowe axis - “the small but vocal minority” suggests a veiled snipe at fans, along with the obligatory jibes at the “previous regime” (In the eyes of Lowe and Wilde, Crouch shoulders the entire blame for their long, continual spiral of failure within SFC. It’s comical). Blaming fans, Blaming Crouch (ok, he made mistakes but not to the extent of Lowe and, more recently, Wilde), Blaming everyone but themselves. What pathetic, deluded and egotistical, Cowardly men. Both spineless and clueless! God help our club. :shock:

As Stanley says, the financial report says it all. The few chances Lowe gets, he has his dig. Like on South Today (upon his ill-fated he return to St Mary's). He couldn't help himself by having a snide remark about "the previous regime" - Yep, the one he teamed up with to in order to get back to power with his minimal stake holding!

Edited by Gordon Mockles
typo

Contempot?

Priceless! You stand up and defend Lowe regardless. Have you ever considered being objective?

Well, the sneering attitude of Rupert doesn’t help. Yes, in Lowe’s first failed tenure many grew sick of his patronizing, arrogant and largely condescending attitude towards the fans (and glee in being in the media spotlight). Many preferred he would shut up. However, the board have gone from one extreme (well, maybe not in Wilde’s case – he’s always cowered in silence) to another and the club now have a media blackout, only releasing inane snippets that most of us had already learned on the grapevine.

The new term adopted by the Lowe axis - “the silent but vocal minority” suggests a veiled snipe at fans, along with the obligatory jibes at the “previous regime” (In the eyes of Lowe and Wilde, Crouch shoulders the entire blame for their long, continual spiral of failure within SFC. It’s comical). Blaming fans, Blaming Crouch (ok, he made mistakes but not to the extent of Lowe and, more recently, Wilde), Blaming everyone but themselves. What pathetic, deluded and egotistical, Cowardly men. Both spineless and clueless! God help our club. :shock:

Thankyou for pointing out my typing error. Perhaps that could be seen as contempt, or patronizing, arrogant and condescending. You see it is all how you wish to dress it up. Fans asked that if RL came back he should be quiet, I believe he has done so , but everytime he does make a statement fans paw over it to find a bit they can be outraged about.

His opinion is that it is a vocal minority who are causing unrest ( I believe your quote to that is wrong as I doubt he would say a 'silent vocal minority' as that is impossible]

It is fair to point out about the former regime, afterall the political parties have done so for ever and a day.

I just want things to settle and that the club gets a breathing space and the politics become secondary.

Does all this bickering really help at all? We are where we are - the club has clearly been badly run for some time but we have to move on and try to sort things out as best we can. We simply have to rely on lower paid players. How many on here were calling for more signings over the last few years - it is the wages for some of these have got us where we are.

It's time to look forwards.

Does all this bickering really help at all? We are where we are - the club has clearly been badly run for some time but we have to move on and try to sort things out as best we can. We simply have to rely on lower paid players. How many on here were calling for more signings over the last few years - it is the wages for some of these have got us where we are.

It's time to look forwards.

But if you accept that the club has been badly run for some time then why accept leaving the same people in charge.

It is time to look forward with a different board.

The only way forward with a united fan base is without Lowe and Wilde

When RL was not there and many joined the Pied Piper and his bunch the fans were united but then they moaned about the manager. A football club will never be united as there are too many differing views on all things.

But if you accept that the club has been badly run for some time then why accept leaving the same people in charge.

It is time to look forward with a different board.

I dont think that the majority of fans think the club ios being run badly at the moment, it is just who it is being run by.

Thankyou for pointing out my typing error. Perhaps that could be seen as contempt, or patronizing, arrogant and condescending. You see it is all how you wish to dress it up. Fans asked that if RL came back he should be quiet, I believe he has done so , but everytime he does make a statement fans paw over it to find a bit they can be outraged about.

His opinion is that it is a vocal minority who are causing unrest ( I believe your quote to that is wrong as I doubt he would say a 'silent vocal minority' as that is impossible]

It is fair to point out about the former regime, afterall the political parties have done so for ever and a day.

I just want things to settle and that the club gets a breathing space and the politics become secondary.

I'd not call that contempt, more taking the p*ss! Tongue in cheek (not in the same way as the Lowe Luvvies mind! LOL)

Excuse the typo – brain not in ear. It wasn’t an intentional oxymoron. Clearly meant to say “small minority”…OOPS!

I am bored of bleating on the same rhetoric too but, until the Lowe faction see sense and stop talking sh*t, I will endeavour to defend those who are being passed the blame for other's failure. It's pathetic! Regardless, the club will not settle and progress until the current regime are GONE! End of.