Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Saint Scott

what did you expect really? We don't really need new players, we need to get a bit more out of some of those that we have.

Every manager could say that, thats nothing new and nothing that we dont know, so was pochettino brought in to get the best out of our players or because his finger was on the pulse in Spanish football? Could be both, in which case he he obviously does not think too much of La Liga.

Is there a way to filter out certain peoples post. Really hard flicking through this thread trying to find relevant information. There should be a banter forum for people to talk rubbish on.

Back on topic, what are peoples thoughts on Villa's signing? Will that be enough to save them?

To answer your last question.

No.

Is there a way to filter out certain peoples post. Really hard flicking through this thread trying to find relevant information. There should be a banter forum for people to talk rubbish on.

Back on topic, what are peoples thoughts on Villa's signing? Will that be enough to save them?

1) yes there is a ignore filter..... I use it, make forum better

2) not much on this villa new guy - been pllaying in the french div 2? Not going to be enough i dont think (hope)

I've never heard of him, but seeing as though they're screaming out for a bit of prem quality, it seems odd they've brought in a very young french player. Can't see him having much impact tbh.

Yacouba Sylla ? Nah, he'll find the step up from the French second division far too great to handle in the immediate future. If he was any good he'd be at Lyon or Marseille by now. I go and watch Clermont foot on occasions, they aren't very good and Sylla is certainly no exception. If you wanted to sign anyone from Clermont it would have been Alessandrini last summer.

European football expert Andy Brassell: "There could be a real biggie on the way in Russia, with Sport-Express reporting that Willian's move from Shakhtar Donetsk to Anzhi Makhachkala is back on. The newspaper says that the Brazilian, who had been heavily linked with Chelsea and Spurs, has already said his goodbyes to Shakhtar's players and staff and left the club's Spanish training camp. Wealthy Anzhi will pay an initial fee of £30m."

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Yes I do thank you and I am entilted to my opinion without insults either.

Yes, of course you are, but some would disagree with you that Barry Sanchez's disagreement was an insult, just as I feel many would disagree with your assessment of players who performed very well against Man U this week, some of whom are full internationals.

As for deadline day. As MP has said, there could be a surprise but only if its possible to sign a player who is definitely an improvement on what we have, and otherwise he is satisfied with his squad.

QPR are mad. Is it really worth risking so much?

Taking Remy and Samba's wages into account, it's £180k a week give or take. Over a year that's £9.360 million. Divide that by the 19 home games, and that's £492631. Divide that by the capacity of 18,360 and that works out at £26.83. So basically if these two players weren't employed, then tickets could (I know that they wouldn't and this is all very simplistic) be lowered by £26! And this won't be the end of his signings. Apparently Odemwingie will be turning up, and no doubt he will be on £50k+ (or another £7.45+ a ticket).

Gobsmacking. Thanks for doing the sums.

Absolute madness.

Beckham has done alright hasnt he..

Manchester United

Real Madrid....both whilst at the peak of his game..

stints at AC Milan

5 years or so in LA

and now some work in Paris....

Not to mention England's most capped outfield player.

Saints bench isn't premierleague standard, Guly, Prowse, maybe Jay Rod, Danny Fox - championship players. If NC thinks we can stay up with what we have then build in the summer. then fair enough. I'm not to sure..

Beckham has done alright hasnt he..

Manchester United

Real Madrid....both whilst at the peak of his game..

stints at AC Milan

5 years or so in LA

and now some work in Paris....

And he is a handsome basta3d as well

git

QPR spending huge money but they've made some good signings.

Loads of people on this forum will be facing some humble pie when they stay up. There were many who said they were already relegated when we beat them....

I hope you'll be tucking in if they go down.

Saints bench isn't premierleague standard, Guly, Prowse, maybe Jay Rod, Danny Fox - championship players. If NC thinks we can stay up with what we have then build in the summer. then fair enough. I'm not to sure..

whoa there, when Forren is fit we'll have any 2 of Jos,José and Maya on the bench plus Mayuka plus players who might be able to put in a decent 20 minute shift like Lee who'se level we don't really know at all. We have enough players for the 14 remaining fixtures.

In recent months Guly has shown he is adequate (not exceptional) cover.

Ward-Prowse is a nipper, but didn't look massively out of his depth in a team struggling (worth remembering the games he was playing was City away, utd, Arsenal etc).

can't for the life of me understand the slating J-Rod gets. Easily a prem player.

And he is a handsome basta3d as well

git

meant to be a really top bloke...everyone who meets him says so..

there was a story in the paper that him and his sons went around the street they are living at in west london to see if any blokes and their sons wanted a kick about on the park.......which of course, they all did

Edited by Thedelldays

"Aston Villa's new signing Yacouba Sylla has said he dreamed of being in a relegation fight ever since he became a professional."

Really? As a kid when he had to take that injury time pen down the park, in between jumper goalposts, he closed his eyes and pictured playing for a w*nk team and scoring to avoid relegation ?

I know Villa fans who are crying about this signing as I type this

there was a story in the paper that him and his sons went around the street they are living at in west london to see if any blokes and their sons wanted a kick out on the park.......which of course, they all did

I want him to adopt me

there was a story in the paper that him and his sons went around the street they are living at in west london to see if any blokes and their sons wanted a kick out on the park.......which of course, they all did

Don't really get how anyone can hate on Becks. Just jealous (understandably).

He's a total legend in my eyes. That Greece goal/performance is something we'll never see again. Passion.

There was the story of a guy who got a flat tyre on an A road (i think) couple of years ago, with his kids in the back of the car.

A bentley pulled up in front of him, out stepped Becks, who helped him change his tyre. Then chatted to the kids, posed for pictures, and signed loads of stuff before apologising that he had to head off.

Unsurprisingly, the guys parting words were "I love you Beckham".

I'm just going to admit it, I would, absolutely no shame.

Don't really get how anyone can hate on Becks. Just jealous (understandably).

He's a total legend in my eyes. That Greece goal/performance is something we'll never see again. Passion.

the stick he got was jelousy...he was easily the best right sided player on the planet back then.....he would travel the world to play for england and rarely/if ever pulled out of a game...no matter how small it was...

now he has gone and look at what you are left with...Terry, A.cole etc......a bunch of completely ungrateful bunch