Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Saint Scott

Is/Was Gazzaniga?

Exactly like him, which is why we won't go for him - we wanted a young keeper to develop and we went for Gazza.

if we still wanted Butland we would have got him seeing as we offered 6m in the summer and could have him for 3m now.

We arent interested and havent been since we got Gazza.

If thats your opinion fair enough. He isn't ready now, but nothing suggests he is ****.

He has a lot of promising attributes for a keeper, just needs games so I hope we loan him out.

So we bought a player in August and we simply keep him as he may come good? One for the future? I'm not too sure we had that in mind when we bought him as we tried him out and he was crap hence him not playing and us getting a loan in, say Boruc's goes in the summer? What then? Lets plan for the future, admit Gazzaniga and Davis are know not in the plans and release them, with reluctance give the no1 to Boruc with Butland staying at Brum until the summer?

Two crap windows now.

Gazza aint that bad, just not quite ready yet. And how can you possibly say the summer window was a failure ???? Boruc? Yoshida? Clyne? Davis? Rodriguez? Mayuka? 3 of which are guaranteed starters 2 that have played their fair share, and 1 who hasn't had much of a chance but looked promising !??

Tool.

Hus distribution is crap, his flaps at crosses and he looks out of his depth BUT I dont have much more faith in Boruc as he always had mares at Celtic.

Gazza's kicking is the best of the keepers we have had for years.

The games he played for us he was picking out Lambert every time. In fact, it was his confidence with this that led to the Swansea goal - he likes to play out from the back.

He looks out of his depth because he is at the moment - doesnt mean he always will be.

The games he played for us he was picking out Lambert every time. In fact, it was his confidence with this that led to the Swansea goal - he likes to play out from the back.

He looks out of his depth because he is at the moment - doesnt mean he always will be.

Nah, Barry already proved on another thread that despite time passing, things NEVER change.

Gazza aint that bad, just not quite ready yet. And how can you possibly say the summer window was a failure ???? Boruc? Yoshida? Clyne? Davis? Rodriguez? Mayuka? 3 of which are guaranteed starters 2 that have played their fair share, and 1 who hasn't had much of a chance but looked promising !??

Tool.

Boruc was an emergency signing as our signing was crap.

Clyne has promise but no competition and looks out of his depth sometimes but he will learn.

Davis is a squad premiership player at best.

Rodriguez again a squad player not a starter.

Mayuka? Who is this fellow again.

Yoshida again a squad back up cb nothing more.

Ramirez? Has not been worth the money we paid for him, one for the futures all well and good but not for us if we go down is it?

Two crap windows.

Tool.

I reckon gazza will never be a top flight keeper for us.

Unless he goes out on loan to the nPC and stands out

Charles, that does not instill me with confidence though.

Just over 8 hours remaining. Hopefully it picks up this deadline day has been quite stale thus far.

Here's a quick re-cap (Front page also updated)

ra6r85.png

[table=width: 1200, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

Arsenal

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Aston Villa

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Chelsea

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Everton

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Fulham

IN

Urby Emanuelson - AC Milan (Loan)

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Liverpool

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Man City

IN

NONE

OUT

Mario Balotelli - AC Milan

[/td]

[td]

Man Utd

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Newcastle

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Norwich

IN

Luciano Becchio - Leeds

OUT

Steve Morison - Leeds

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

QPR

IN

Chris Samba - Anzhi

OUT

Alejandro Faurlin - Palermo (Loan)

[/td]

[td]

Reading

IN

NONE

OUT

Jordan Obita - Oldham (Loan)

[/td]

[td]

Southampton

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Stoke

IN

Brek Shea - FC Dallas (Work Permit)

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Sunderland

IN

Danny Graham - Swansea

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Swansea

IN

NONE

OUT

Danny Graham - Sunderland

[/td]

[td]

Tottenham

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

West Brom

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

West Ham

IN

NONE

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[td]

Wigan

IN

Paul Scharner - Hamburg (Loan)

OUT

NONE

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Clyne has promise but no competition and looks out of his depth sometimes but he will learn.

Ramirez? Has not been worth the money we paid for him, one for the futures all well and good but not for us if we go down is it?

Two crap windows.

Jesus christ. Why does everyone have to be amazing or awful on this forum. Name a better right back that is realistic for us to have bought. Clyne is a huge talent and cost bugger all. Yoshi started slowly but he cost 2m, and is more than good enough for us, he reads the game incredibly well.

I'm guessing you don't go to many games going on your opinion.

Jesus christ. Why does everyone have to be amazing or awful on this forum. Name a better right back that is realistic for us to have bought. Clyne is a huge talent and cost bugger all. Yoshi started slowly but he cost 2m, and is more than good enough for us, he reads the game incredibly well.

I'm guessing you don't go to many games going on your opinion.

I go to as many as I can and watch all the others on the blag or sky, good enough for us? Is this the attitude Cortese wanted? I thought he would be buying players there wheer going to elevate us into the stratosphere of the top 5/6 now that its been amended from Champions League football?

I go to as many as I can and watch all the others on the blag or sky, good enough for us? Is this the attitude Cortese wanted? I thought he would be buying players there wheer going to elevate us into the stratosphere of the top 5/6 now that its been amended from Champions League football?

What in 1 season go from promotion to top 6 of the prem and european football? It will take time, our players will grow and get better, why do you think we have assembled a relatively young side?! In the idea that they'll still be with us in a few years time playing some fantastic football. Yes it is a vision, but it's not just going to happen overnight is it?! If you want us to go spunk money on 'big names' go and support QPR.

Pillock

How people call the summer window a failure I just cannot comprehend.

Clyne is clearly one of the best young Full-Backs in the country. In the u-21 squad, and only a couple of weeks ago Chelsea fans were drooling all over him.

Yoshi looks an absolute snip at the £2-3m we paid for him. Only the summer before Leicester paid £6m for Matt Mills, and blackburn paid similar for Dann - money well spent?

Davis at under £1m is alright business - yeah, he isn't going to set the world alight, but is a fine squad player (isn't that what all you lot stamping your feet about transfers want? Players for off the bench?)

Ramirez clearly a class act, nuff said.

Mayuka yeah ok clearly an odd one. But he hasn't had much of a chance just yet, and clearly has some pedigree. Let's not forget Boruc too took sometime to be ready for the first XI, and he's looking solid now. Also, maybe be a victim of our system, or perhaps there were some doubts about Lamberts ability to adjust to the Prem so quickly.

Calling it an awful window when we clearly strengthened in key areas is either stupidity, ignorance, or just sheer WUMmery.

I think anyone with half a braincell can work out that the club aren't going to go from League One to CL without a period of transition.

There are several stages to get through first. Tit.

Two crap windows.

Yoshida's improvement over the course of the season has been phenomenal and has in my opinion been one of he stand out performers in our sides turn around in results!

I think anyone with half a braincell can work out that the club aren't going to go from League One to CL without a period of transition.

There are several stages to get through first. Tit.

Really I never knew that, is our transition period finished or not starting yet as tranistion means change, and what have we changed this window, oh I see with our new Spanish speaking manager its a siesta......................

Edited by Barry Sanchez

Really I never knew that, is our transition period finished or not starting yet as tranistion means change, and what have we change we window, og I see with our new Spanish speaking manager its a siesta......................

Pardon?

Will go on to be one of the best and the doughnuts on here who say hes crap will have egg on there face AGAIN

the lad has good potential no doubt.

But half a season in the Champ is probably not enough to claim he will be one of the best. One only needs to look at Richard Wright, Chris Kirkland or Scott Carson to realise this.

Funny how less football is enough to write off Gazza though?

Really I never knew that, is our transition period finished or not starting yet as tranistion means change, and what have we changed this window, oh I see with our new Spanish speaking manager its a siesta......................

So changing the manager isn't change then?

It clearly is still happening isn't it. Look at the first XI from the end of last season.

Davis, Fraser, Jos, Fox, Chaplow, Hammond, Sharp were all first team starters.

But nah, nothing at all has changed has it?

Is the concept of change really all that FORREN to you? (don't think I forgot him either).

You really make this too easy Bazza.

So changing the manager isn't change then?

It clearly is still happening isn't it. Look at the first XI from the end of last season.

Davis, Fraser, Jos, Fox, Chaplow, Hammond, Sharp were all first team starters.

But nah, nothing at all has changed has it?

Is the concept of change really all that FORREN to you? (don't think I forgot him either).

You really make this too easy Bazza.

So in the scheme of things you regard as signing a defender a period of transition for the team?

Christ what are you like moving the settee and chairs around the lounge..................

So in the scheme of things you regard as signing a defender a period of transition for the team?

Christ what are you like moving the settee and chairs around the lounge..................

Are you blind or just plain stupid?

As you have managed to ignore the main part of my post.

Answer this, how is changing 4/5 members of the starting XI not transition?

Are you blind or just plain stupid?

As you have managed to ignore the main part of my post.

Answer this, how is changing 4/5 members of the starting XI not transition?

Monty Python Arguement sketch. Bazza is just a troll, whatever you say he'll take a contrary position.

Disappears up his own ass in the end. Mods should do something about him.