Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Saint Scott

Monty Python Arguement sketch. Bazza is just a troll, whatever you say he'll take a contrary position.

Disappears up his own ass in the end. Mods should do something about him.

Am I bugger, people say that when they dont like what they read. Have we been especially active in this window? Buying or selling?

Am I bugger, people say that when they dont like what they read. Have we been especially active in this window? Buying or selling?

We have not been especially active (althogh happy we got a CB). In term of buying I always see January as a risk, and don't want us paying over the odds for someone who won't add to what we have got. I think we will stay up with our squad, then need to kick on with some good quality additions in the Summer (but not too many - 2 or 3) if we're to realise the stated ambitions.

Did we need to be? Arguably not. What would you rather, we went and bought a whole new team ?! Don't underestimate the power of continuity.
And I agree with that but the continuity was surely broken with Adkins leaving two weeks ago?

Other posters think a common sense retort is wumming, its not at all they just dont like to read it.

And I agree with that but the continuity was surely broken with Adkins leaving two weeks ago?

Other posters think a common sense retort is wumming, its not at all they just dont like to read it.

No, no-one has a problem with common sense. It's just you have none.

You still haven't answered by the way.

Is 4/5 changes to the first XI not change or transition?

Did well this year, galaxy tablet, hunter wellies, barbour jacket, blu rays, cds and ps3 games.

The country look must go down a storm in Liverpool Barry! If the Barbour has a poacher's pocket don't fill it with the Xmas consumer durables or you will represent a fantasy mugging for most scousers!...

And I have asked you when last night are you refering or the start of the season?

In general terms.

Our starting XI at the end of last season would be

Davis, Fraser, Jose, Jos, Fox, Guly/Punch, Morgan, Cork, Lallana, Rickie, Sharp.

Now:

Boruc, Clyne, Jose (Maybe soon Forren), Yoshi, Shaw, Morgan, Cork, Punch, Gaston, Lallana, Rickie.

Obviously there are bound to be differences depending on given games, but I make that 4/5 changes.

The emergence/renewed form/return from injury/improvement, of the likes of Shaw, Boruc, Cork, Puncheon, Fonte, Yoshida, Morgan.

Has made the requested January signing targets that many on here around screamed for around October/November time uneccessary.

At any point our 'must have priorites' transfer targets were GK, DL, DC, DC, DMC, AMR.

By the time the window opened they were pretty much AMR and DC.

We got a centre back.

'Arry on SSN talking about the Samba deal.

"I don't know nuffink abaaaaat the money, naaah guv, nuffink to do wiv me guv, I don't know nuffink abaat that. All the chairman"

then why did he pipe up about money being paid to players and the chairman with his "pants pulled down" when he first arrived

he is so full of shyte

Because he is an absolute clown on here to **** people off.

This. Most boring poster on this forum. Saint Charlie should make one of his threads on him.

Barry Sanchez: just plain ignorant, or on the most boring and dull wind up ever cause he has nothing better to do.

Boruc was an emergency signing as our signing was crap.

Clyne has promise but no competition and looks out of his depth sometimes but he will learn.

Davis is a squad premiership player at best.

Rodriguez again a squad player not a starter.

Mayuka? Who is this fellow again.

Yoshida again a squad back up cb nothing more.

Ramirez? Has not been worth the money we paid for him, one for the futures all well and good but not for us if we go down is it?

Two crap windows.

Sorry to say this, but do you know anything about football?

You're right, he will be Stoke number 1 but will he be any good? Will he make mistakes like Gazza did?

dunno..but he will be number 1 whilst gazza wont be....

like you said...if he is that good, why are teams not lining up to make him his number 1...(gazza that is)

I cant see gazzaniga ever being good enough unless he is loaned out for a season in the NPC and is brilliant

dunno..but he will be number 1 whilst gazza wont be....

like you said...if he is that good, why are teams not lining up to make him his number 1...(gazza that is)

I cant see gazzaniga ever being good enough unless he is loaned out for a season in the NPC and is brilliant

Well I'm sure a Championship team would happily have Gazza as number 1. He's not as bad as you make out, just not ready yet.

Re Butland, the reason he is going to Stoke is that he wanted Gaurenteed first team football and wouldn't be gaurenteed it at the other clubs who wanted him. So a big gamble for Stoke IMO which may or may not pay off, similar to our Gazza experiment.

If he doesn't hit the ground running, Stoke have backed themselves into a corner somewhat with this deal.

Well I'm sure a Championship team would happily have Gazza as number 1. He's not as bad as you make out, just not ready yet.

Re Butland, the reason he is going to Stoke is that he wanted Gaurenteed first team football and wouldn't be gaurenteed it at the other clubs who wanted him. So a big gamble for Stoke IMO which may or may not pay off, similar to our Gazza experiment.

If he doesn't hit the ground running, Stoke have backed themselves into a corner somewhat with this deal.

Not sure about that, they're not paying that much for him are they? I'm sure they can put him back out on loan if necessary next season. Sure they'll be plenty of potential suitors for our Gazza as well.

Not sure about that, they're not paying that much for him are they? I'm sure they can put him back out on loan if necessary next season. Sure they'll be plenty of potential suitors for our Gazza as well.

No but he's young and unproven at this level. If they plan to have him as no.1 from start of next season, they better have a good back up option.

Not sure when he was ever mighty?! He's an awful footballer who is about 36 now. Surprised anyone wants him.

Decent enough player for some of the seasons when we doing much better than we are currently. OK not a world beater and odd that he was our record signing for so long, but that was not his fault. Two goals away at Arsenal stand out for me. No need to slag him

QPR are mad. Is it really worth risking so much?

Taking Remy and Samba's wages into account, it's £180k a week give or take. Over a year that's £9.360 million. Divide that by the 19 home games, and that's £492631. Divide that by the capacity of 18,360 and that works out at £26.83. So basically if these two players weren't employed, then tickets could (I know that they wouldn't and this is all very simplistic) be lowered by £26! And this won't be the end of his signings. Apparently Odemwingie will be turning up, and no doubt he will be on £50k+ (or another £7.45+ a ticket).

Decent enough player for some of the seasons when we doing much better than we are currently. OK not a world beater and odd that he was our record signing for so long, but that was not his fault. Two goals away at Arsenal stand out for me. No need to slag him

Did bugger all else though, I couldn't stand him when he played for us, so lazy.

He did 3 things for us....get 2 headers at Arsenal and that o/h kick vs Spurs. Cracking goal.