Ramirez to Arsenal?

UpweySaint

The sad reality of the Ramirez situation is that with the £12m we could have bought a few of the below :(

Ramirez 12m

Michu 2m

Demba Ba 6m

Benteke 7m

Arouna Koné 3m

The list goes on.......

I guess you dont like us playing Lambert then since you are refering mostly to strikers? (Apart from Michu)

That's just stupid. He's on that money because he's a full international and has had a lot of interest in him.

So you are saying we enter a pay race to the top to sign an international? How much is Davis on? Or "the don's" Pièce de résistance Mayuka? He should be on that money because he deserves it, does he?

How can you same he was in demand when you dont know who was wanting him?

Impossible to say nowadays. Clubs don't advertise the fact that they are bidding for a player because of the money involved, it weakens their negotiating position. I would be amazed if we had been the only club in europe trying to sign him, not saying he's hit the ground running and been a star signing from the off, but he's obviously seen by the board as a young player with potential (like most of our other recent signings) rather than an older/experienced pro. Boruc being the exception, obviously.

Impossible to say nowadays. Clubs don't advertise the fact that they are bidding for a player because of the money involved, it weakens their negotiating position. I would be amazed if we had been the only club in europe trying to sign him, not saying he's hit the ground running and been a star signing from the off, but he's obviously seen by the board as a young player with potential (like most of our other recent signings) rather than an older/experienced pro. Boruc being the exception, obviously.

There probably were other sides in for him but they obviously did not fancy his wage demands, Liverpool were interested and would of got him but would pay no where near £65,000 a week so I am told.

Because I am not the one making such a statement of other teams were in for him you did, I also asked you to name them and you cant.

Thank you for a great example of spouting and yet not knowing.

I guess after a while your style begins to rub off on others, the irony of you telling others that they are spouting off and yet not knowing. The story of your life. Go back under your bridge you troll.

The sad reality of the Ramirez situation is that with the £12m we could have bought a few of the below :(

Ramirez 12m

Michu 2m

Demba Ba 6m

Benteke 7m

Arouna Koné 3m

The list goes on.......

We went for Michu he chose swansea. Ba would likely have seen us a step down and he is v injury prone. Benteke maybe but he's certainly not the finished article. Kone would not suit our style of play.

The sad reality is people think its just like playing football manager.

We went for Michu he chose swansea. Ba would likely have seen us a step down and he is v injury prone. Benteke maybe but he's certainly not the finished article. Kone would not suit our style of play.

So how is the "the don" going to woo players into our club so we can achieve European places in a few years? As Ramirez demonstrates players need time to adjust and this will surely over extend our estimation time of European football in a few years...................

Did we go for Michu? Not sure there is anything out there to back that up.

Was fantastic first half. Not surprised he was replaced by Davis as we needed a bit more structured with already being in the lead.

Was asked to do a job in RM of a 442 today and did it very well. More performances like that and he'll be we'll worry the £11.8m.

It questions why we play him when davis has been more effective all season, and sorry your last sentence was exactly?

It questions why we play him when davis has been more effective all season, and sorry your last sentence was exactly?

Oh please f*ck off. You're constant trolling Is just unnecessary. I didn't think you'd be able to accept he was very good when he was on the pitch today. Or we're you not there?!.

Shaw, Lallana and Schneiderlin for a start - contrast and compare with some of the absolute dross that have gone for £15m+ over the past 2/3 years.

P.S. Still think "Pinocchio" is crap?

Shaw maybe, but we would never get 12m+ for Lallana or Spider or any other Saints player.... Sorry

The bias towards Saints players is hilarious, all of the should play for England, they are all worth millions, but we are fighting for relegation :lol:

Shaw maybe, but we would never get 12m+ for Lallana or Spider or any other Saints player.... Sorry

The bias towards Saints players is hilarious, all of the should play for England, they are all worth millions, but we are fighting for relegation :lol:

Really? We got £10m-£15m for a player in League One - do you really think they will walk out of here for peanuts when all of them are on long term deals. You need to get with the programme Glasgow.

Not one of his biggest fans - yet, but I thought Gaston played very well today. I probably wouldn't have started him, preferring to get Puncheon in and reinstate the Clyne/Punch partnership, but I was rather disappointed when he went off - even if Davis solidified things for us at a key time.

I just took a lengthy run through RAWK and several of them made admiring comments about three of our players - Schneiderlin, Lallana and Shaw.

When it comes to value, there aren't many around who can bring to the table what Schneiderlin brings, game-in and game-out. And now he's consistently adding goals to his resume, he's moving towards elite player status.

I agree Schneiderlin is worth £25m

How/why do you not rate him? I don't think he'd look out of place in many teams in the world, and is one of the best players at his job in the league this season.

But I am biased I do have some man love for him. Great to see a player like him develop over time. Coming in at a low point, and then us getting taken over and him improving and improving over the last 3 years slowly adding different bits to his game.

Think he would be better player with a more mobile striker. As much as I love lambert.

Careful, people will think you're me under a different user name.

I was saying this in October, but since Pochettino took over, it's been more that Gaston doesn't really fit into a pressing side and thanks to that methodology we create enough chances to sustain Lambert in the side, basically at Gaston's expense.

We're usually better off with Davis in there at the moment, we create more from Davis and co getting the ball in transitions from pressing than we do from Gaston's skill and creativity with only Lambert in front of him.

FWIW I've been Gaston's biggest fan, but he was nothing more than above average today, the all-round team performance was probably better than his personal contribution, though it was one of his better Saints games. I don't think he's taking an unreasonable time to settle though, and still has plenty to offer us.

Edited by The9

Actually having rewatched on MotD Gaston was involved in the better chances they showed - though we had 9 shots on target first half and they didn't show them all. One thing I did notice, with Rodriguez giving him a mobile striker to aim for he looks a much better player, both the goal and the other quick through ball he helped on were to Rodriguez - he even managed to spring Lambert through the middle at one point which deserves some kind of medal for persistence !