The Ashes 2013

St Jim

Shows up Cook badly as Captain, he has a book he Captains by the book.

Was blindingly obvious to everyone not just the Sky taters that the plans were not working so what did he do? Kept going.

At least it shows that you CAN bat on the pitch, IF you want it enough.

England have to now bat 4 sessions AT LEAST and with the sun the pitch should help in the 4th innings.

Really poor performance in that last 90 minutes

Well, I was willing the nipper to get to 3 figures, it would have put the seal on a great Ashes innings.

Fair play to him, it was excellent to watch and now England need to get their heads down, see the shine off the new ball and grind out a score.

Well, I was willing the nipper to get to 3 figures, it would have put the seal on a great Ashes innings.

Fair play to him, it was excellent to watch and now England need to get their heads down, see the shine off the new ball and grind out a score.

They will be 5-for- by the end of play. guaranteed.

WTF is Pietersen doing back, really ? Is it like how Rooney and Lampard still get games for England ?

That Trott decision was very poor IMO. Absolutely no basis to overturn the onfield call.

Nevertheless, a dignified and composed performance from Cook and KP to settle things down. Particularly KP, not playing his typical game. Just what England needed.

Strange day of cricket all round though. It's certainly been an interesting contest so far.

That Trott decision was very poor IMO. Absolutely no basis to overturn the onfield call.

Nevertheless, a dignified and composed performance from Cook and KP to settle things down. Particularly KP, not playing his typical game. Just what England needed.

Strange day of cricket all round though. It's certainly been an interesting contest so far.

Having seen all types of footage of the incident time and time again. I now think it was out.

The video replays don't seem to prove it either way, but the front hotspot cam and the snickometer seem to suggest he got nothng of the bat on it. OUT!!!!

Having seen all types of footage of the incident time and time again. I now think it was out.

The video replays don't seem to prove it either way, but the front hotspot cam and the snickometer seem to suggest he got nothng of the bat on it. OUT!!!!

I'm not sure there was enough to definitively overturn the onfield decision, which is what the review system is for. Seems the ICC has apologised this morning too. S'done now though. And I shall weep alone, forever alone...

FFS. I see KP has let his nature get the better of him yet again.

Really, really poor from such a supposed elder statesman of the England team.

Indeed, especially after how watchful and sensible he'd been up until then. Shame, but once he starts opening up he usually can't reign himself in. Have to accept it at times i guess. Didn't need Cook to go straight after. At the end of the day, (and i thought it at the time) in a reasonably low scoring game if you let the opposition put on 160 odd for the final wicket, there's the match right there. Clearly going to be the difference unless those well known stallwarts Bell and Bairstow can actually dig in and rescue something from this. My money is that they won't.

Indeed, especially after how watchful and sensible he'd been up until then. Shame, but once he starts opening up he usually can't reign himself in. Have to accept it at times i guess. Didn't need Cook to go straight after. At the end of the day, (and i thought it at the time) in a reasonably low scoring game if you let the opposition put on 160 odd for the final wicket, there's the match right there. Clearly going to be the difference unless those well known stallwarts Bell and Bairstow can actually dig in and rescue something from this. My money is that they won't.

Yep, my thoughts too. Said yesterday one batsman's innings would win this game (and it probably has).

Agar deserves MOM for that performance, along with removing the England captain as his first wicket.

Last chance for a really big score, one of Prior/Bell needs a big score. Broad and Swann might whack a quick 20 odd but thats it really.

Looks tricky out there, but we seem to be going into our shell. Maybe Prior can up the rate a bit and put some pressure on them

Im confident of another Australia batting collapse and confident that Agar hasnt got another big innings in him, hopefully Clark dives for a catch later and twinges that dodgy back a bit more.

Still, we need to get over 300 atleast here IMO, its been a decent few days for the bowlers, but Agars refusal to leave yesterday has cost us big time.

Lets just see it through to stumps, by which time hopefully we'll have about a 260 lead. If we do without losing another wicket too, I'd be hopeful of a final lead of about 330-340 and to start getting into them tomorrow afternoon. Optimistic perhaps, but why not... we've responded carefully today and are in a decent position.

Lets just see it through to stumps, by which time hopefully we'll have about a 260 lead. If we do without losing another wicket too, I'd be hopeful of a final lead of about 330-340 and to start getting into them tomorrow afternoon. Optimistic perhaps, but why not... we've responded carefully today and are in a decent position.

330-340 lead? You are very optimistic, anything over 300 we will win I am confident of that, we have to get there first.

Nothing on Hotspot? Didn't seem to be much of a sound either.

Obviously he hit it looking at replays, but maybe Broad genuinely didn't realise he had?

Reckon he should have walked if he did know, but perhaps a bit more understandable that he didn't considering the other howlers that have gone against us.

Having said that, Umpire should have taken any decision out of Broad's hands.

Australia wasted their reviews needlessly as well.

I havent seen it, but apparently Hotspot didnt show he hit it and if it had been referred he would not have been given out.

Watch it. It honestly couldn't be any clearer. The ball deviates by about 30 degrees off his bat. He should have walked.

Nothing on Hotspot? Didn't seem to be much of a sound either.

Obviously he hit it looking at replays, but maybe Broad genuinely didn't realise he had?

Reckon he should have walked if he did know, but perhaps a bit more understandable that he didn't considering the other howlers that have gone against us.

Having said that, Umpire should have taken any decision out of Broad's hands.

Australia wasted their reviews needlessly as well.

You're all being a lot kinder than I am, maybe I should chill out. :)