The Ashes 2013

St Jim

I'm watching a slightly dodgy stream of the match, so perhaps someone watching on Sky can tell me if these ladies form part of the official coverage? They pop up every time an England batsman plays a good shot...

Edited by skintsaint
jugs

I'm watching a slightly dodgy stream of the match, so perhaps someone watching on Sky can tell me if these ladies form part of the official coverage? They pop up every time an England batsman plays a good shot...

Better looking than bumble

Edited by skintsaint

I had to double-check with the radio. Conclusion: sussexsaint is a witch.

Think I prefer witch to thick git who can't count TBH

strange to watch another team collapse, don't want to count chickens and all that but even if the tail wags this is remarkable

Think I prefer witch to thick git who can't count TBH

strange to watch another team collapse, don't want to count chickens and all that but even if the tail wags this is remarkable

Although this is the 3rd time in 3 that we've got cheaply into the tail. Let's hope we can finish the job this time.

not in this heat, make em run in the field and get a massive score. still so much time left.

Yeah Ive been toying with the idea, is it worth it ? Is it not ? The heat wont let up, but that wicket will deteriorate aswell. I reckon your right, get out and bat, hit a big score and then take them out. 2 tests down and this test possibly ending early should be enough to knock the wind out of them they accumulated in Nottingham

KP is now a doubt for the 3rd Test and Sky were reporting that Eoin Morgan was batting with the Squad in the nets.... surely he is not being considered as a replacement?!

Hopefully, the selectors will go with James Taylor, Adil Rashid or Gary Ballance; men in form.

KP is now a doubt for the 3rd Test and Sky were reporting that Eoin Morgan was batting with the Squad in the nets.... surely he is not being considered as a replacement?!

Hopefully, the selectors will go with James Taylor, Adil Rashid or Gary Ballance; men in form.

They will go with Morgan I expect, they will see him as someone similar to Pietersen with his rate of scoring, i would go for Taylor though, he seems to be out of favour right now.

Morgan has not played a first class game for months though and is just back from injury.

I reckon it should be Taylor too, although Ballance does seem to be highly rated by the England Management, I am sure he was in the T20/1-day NZ series squads earlier in the summer, so wouldn't be a total shock if he got the nod.

Great work today by Bresnan & Root, not pretty to watch but they ground the Aussies into the ground and set up the platform to take the p1ss out of them.

IF I was Cook, I wouldn't declare overnight, I'd bat on for at least 30 minutes - maybe more, simply to fry Clarke & their openers brains. Always harder to reset your head to batting after a long time in the field.

In fact in the long term scheme of things letting Root go to a Double (IF) would be a big boost to the England team & Joe's future morale. Aussies will struggle to 250 at the moment and really cannot see them batting 5 sessions (weather permitting)

Mind you I still think they would have struggled to get the 200 odd IF we had enforced the follow on but now we are hurting them

Yesterday must have been humiliating for the convicts, out in the field all day struggling to take wickets whilst England plodded along at 2 runs an over safe in the knowledge that they have absolutely no chance of turning this game around. Would have liked to see us declare last night and have the final hour or so bowling at them, knock a couple down then.

Michael Vaughan's just tweeted a photo of a very grey and overcast looking Lord's, looks great for bowling. This lead is plenty, I suppose they'll let Root go for his double hundred then declare.

Watson out LBW again....:)..Believed 24 times out LBW in test cricket:lol:

Not even asking for a review this time...:rolleyes:

But requesting that Anderson stops bowling to him in future:D

Rogers now out bowled round his legs by Swann...

Edited by ottery st mary