The Ashes 2013

St Jim

Yep nice way to wake up in the morning

Need to get Haddin out though

How is your satellite signal?

A few clouds and a drop of rain (ok thunderstoms as well) and my reception keeps breaking up.

Bloody weather!!

FYI .... If it improves, The Red Arrows are scheduled to do a display over Burj Al Arab at 1650 today.

How is your satellite signal?

A few clouds and a drop of rain (ok thunderstoms as well) and my reception keeps breaking up.

Bloody weather!!

FYI .... If it improves, The Red Arrows are scheduled to do a display over Burj Al Arab at 1650 today.

Oh sweet will check the skies later.

I am still PMSL about the Typhoon in Dubai Tweets from this morning causing chaos!

My signal was fine btw although had annoying sound interference from time to time from something called a Chappellie

Tremlett proving to everyone why he should never be picked again. Joke of a selection, based purely on his form 3 years ago. Incredible decision from a professional sports selection committee to pick a player solely based on that.

Should have taken Onions.

Didn't look to be running well - hamstring I think for Carberry. The key point that the commentators make is that Johnson and Harris have 30kmh speed over Anderson, Broad and Tremlett. Which is pointless if not directed well, but they clearly had good aim today.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/england-collapse-a-relief-say-fans-2013112281361

:lol:

BEING good at cricket just felt dirty and sordid, England fans said this morning.

acook2501.jpgIt was a moment of insanity

As England finished the first day with Australia on 273-8, fans were seen skulking in downtown Brisbane self-consciously celebrating in the dimly-lit bars of the infamous Sports Pub district.

England fan Wayne Hayes said: “There was a card in a phone booth offering ‘relaxing cricket boasting’ and before I knew it I was screaming ‘The finest team the world has ever SEEN’ with a bunch of men whose names I didn’t even know.

“The next morning all I could think about was what I was going to tell my wife when I got home. What if a photo of me smiling and looking confident got back to her?

“But today’s performance has proven what I knew in my heart all along – I’m a misery man and proud of it.”

In Australia, where being good at sport has been legal since 1969, revelling in victory is considered socially acceptable and many well-known Australians have been photographed openly enjoying watching cricket in public.

Hayes said: “After my experimentation the other night I know this makes me a hypocrite but if any of my kids came home one day and said they’d fallen for Barcelona I’d disown them.”

Got my tickets for Saturday, really looking forward to it! The new Adelaide oval looks fantastic from the outside, let's hope it is the same on the inside and hope it still retains its charm.

Are there any others on here over in Australia going to any of the tests?

It'll be interesting to see who they bring in. My guess is Bresnan will replace Tremlett and Balance or Bairstow will bat at 6 with Root moving up to 3. That said there's a chance Monty may play as the Adelaide pitch historically spins day 4&5 but having said that, since the oval has been redeveloped the old pitch was ripped up and the new one is now a drop-in (so the can play Aussie rules in the winter) and who knows how the drop in pitch will play.

Got in 2am after the Villa defeat. Could only stand 10 mins of the humiliation in Adelaide. Got up at 6am today to see how many wickets we might have left. Silly me.

My sympathy for anyone actually attending. Or going to the later tests. At least Carbs had a decent knock and took a catch - but thats me grasping at very small straws

Got in 2am after the Villa defeat. Could only stand 10 mins of the humiliation in Adelaide. Got up at 6am today to see how many wickets we might have left. Silly me.

My sympathy for anyone actually attending. Or going to the later tests. At least Carbs had a decent knock and took a catch - but thats me grasping at very small straws

I watched a bit last night and the night before, both times I could only watch till about 2am, just absolutely dire capitulation from England. Ok, we arent getting the rub of the green as we did at home but boy the difference in confidence levels is staggering. It looks like men against boys out there.

The Ossies all out attack looks to be working aswell and we seem scared/unable to bully either their bowling or batting attack right now. In short Im going to do an Alpine and suggest that Im worried about a spanking in this series.

I watched a bit last night and the night before, both times I could only watch till about 2am, just absolutely dire capitulation from England. Ok, we arent getting the rub of the green as we did at home but boy the difference in confidence levels is staggering. It looks like men against boys out there.

The Ossies all out attack looks to be working aswell and we seem scared/unable to bully either their bowling or batting attack right now. In short Im going to do an Alpine and suggest that Im worried about a spanking in this series.

Yep agreed, its a horror show. Please please someone drop KP, never understood why he was automatically back in the team. Bell at 3, Bairstow in. Bowling? Your guess etc

Yep agreed, its a horror show. Please please someone drop KP, never understood why he was automatically back in the team. Bell at 3, Bairstow in. Bowling? Your guess etc

To be honest the bowling hasnt been that bad, certainly not from a technical point of view. I think we are giving the ossies too much respect maybe but thats a tactic and field placement point.

Batting wise ? God knows, its just, as you say, a horror show. Two decent batting wickets and we have managed little, whether Trotts leaving has caused too much imbalance I dont know ? Bell to be moved to 3 for me and Root 5. KP is a good, good player when he is on top but his forms been flaky for a while, unfortunately Bairstow etc just havnt got anywhere near his ability. Perhsps we need to play more aggressively at the crease but I dont know as confidence seems so low that I think that would be a disaster aswell.

i know its too early to say, but these ashes are lost

when we beat them in the summer, they were always competitive in each test. we are miles off the pace and look like England from 20 years ago

I don't think it is too early to say actually. This test is a nailed on defeat so that's 2-0. We never cope in Perth on the bouncy fast wicker especially with Johnson in this mood so it's looking like 3-0 after 3. Personally I reckon it's worth a cheeky flutter on 5-0

We've had it good for a number of years and these things go in cycles -transitionary period ahead as we phase out the old guard and bring in younger players. The signs were there in the summer when a number of tests could have gone either way so I can't say I'm surprised we are struggling.

It was a horror show on Sat. I left the ground during the lunch interval to grab a bite at a local pub and missed part of the middle session, when Johnson tpok all those wickets. It was the inly positive from the day (missing Johnson rip us a new @r53hole).

The ground is fantastic but has lost a lot of its character.

Things do go in cycles, but what should not happen is **** shot selection, the ability to play with a straight bat and the mindset to stay at the wicket, what the **** was Carberry and Cook thinking, really what were they thinking?

Bowling has been pedestrian.

Fielding pretty crap.

The batting is the worst I have seen in the last year since the late 90's, we have no runs in the team, we simply dont rack up big totals or have not done since New Zealand.

We now **** scared of a bowler who got torn a new one a few years ago, the youth coming in as well does not have me convinced that they have the temperament for the 5 day game.

After the latest abject performances, I wonder how much longer Cook will be captain.

Also,, I think its time to put Pietersen out to pasture. Totally undependable for a player of his experience.

He's the fifth highest run scorer in history for England! I know what you mean though, he's a bit of a bully in that he's fine when England are on top but when you need him to put in a big performance to drag you back into a game he rarely does it. Cook has been awful this series and we've been battered by a team that is far from great, duck in this innings too. We seem to be making a bit of a fight of it at last though, even though we are still 300 behind and the inevitable collapse is just round the corner.

The bowling is clueless and the batting lacks any backbone - it's a pathetic capitulation. The problem now is selection for the next test - do we drop some of the old stagers and risk the younger players getting mentally blown away, or tell the 'first eleven' to go out and earn a renewal of the central contracts that seem to make them think they're untouchable ?

The bowling is clueless and the batting lacks any backbone - it's a pathetic capitulation. The problem now is selection for the next test - do we drop some of the old stagers and risk the younger players getting mentally blown away, or tell the 'first eleven' to go out and earn a renewal of the central contracts that seem to make them think they're untouchable ?

I'd go for the newbies.

as an aussie I think its my duty to go

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!

ashes back where they belong

apart from carberry and stokes who will be a superstar and broad who bowled really well. you boys struggled.. still 2015 will be a good tour. us aussies need to find a top 3...

warner got lucky and is not a test player. rogers is too old and Watson should be at number 6

So they come here and we give them a good drubbing, win test series 3-0 with 2 drawn, we go there in the same calendar year and get a tonking. What happened to real overseas tours where teams went to one country in a summer season and played a full season of county games and test matches ? Familiarity breeds contempt and a couple of weeks practice doesn't get you used to the wickets.