Exeter v Saints

VectisSaint

43% possession against Exeter with our total football, oh my.

I know Alps disputed my point about this on Saturday when we supposedly had 32% of possession but that BBC thingy is nonsense, it's just a swingometer for the last few minutes of the played game in effect. I've watched it for ages and that's all it does.

Anyway, that's a reasonable result so well played the team and JP.

I know Alps disputed my point about this on Saturday when we supposedly had 32% of possession but that BBC thingy is nonsense, it's just a swingometer for the last few minutes of the game in effect. I've watched it for ages and that's all it does.

Anyway, that's a reasonable result so well played the team and JP.

good, so all in all a good day, all I need is bristol sh*tty to hang on for a win and I am in the money:partyman:

Looks like we found it hard going even against Exeter and but for that penalty we might have been embarrassed once again. Surely we should be able to shut out teams of that low calibre and not allow them anywhere near our goal? Still, taking the positives, more matches under their belts and no serious injuries so hopefully our lads are quick enough learners to be using this experience to hone their system. They'll need all the guile they can muster to do any serious damage to Birmingham at the weekend.

Looks like we found it hard going even against Exeter and but for that penalty we might have been embarrassed once again. Surely we should be able to shut out teams of that low calibre and not allow them anywhere near our goal? Still, taking the positives, more matches under their belts and no serious injuries so hopefully our lads are quick enough learners to be using this experience to hone their system. They'll need all the guile they can muster to do any serious damage to Birmingham at the weekend.

I think its a concentration thing, which is directly related to fitness. Give them a couple more weeks, and hopefully this phenomenon will disappear. All signs are that Poortvillet takes fitness more seriously than Burley did.

I think its a concentration thing, which is directly related to fitness. Give them a couple more weeks, and hopefully this phenomenon will disappear. All signs are that Poortvillet takes fitness more seriously than Burley did.

All the training pics I have seen seem to show a very animated and involved JP so I think that's true.

Err, lest we forget in season's past (Rotherham, Peterborough, Southend...) we would have LOST this game...

Credit where it's due.

Err, lest we forget in season's past (Rotherham, Peterborough, Southend...) we would have LOST this game...

Credit where it's due.

Not sure this forum does credit LSC....can you imagine how many post match posts there would have been if we lost??

Didn't sound a great game but seemed in control most of the second half. We didn't look great defending set pieces on saturday and got them feeling was the same tonight so guess we need to work on that. But the main thing is a win, because we have a very hard first few games in the league so confidence is important.