Palace V Saints Half time chat

exit2

We are the best midfield team in the country - but defensively we are weak physically and up front we have nothing.

If thats the best MF in the country then I would hate to see the rest. MF have defensive duties as well. We are powder puff weak in MF, useless up front and a pushover (literally) for big players at the back. Still we do have a good GK. We are truly shockingly awful tonight, lucky to still be in with a shout at 2-0, but hey the football is pretty (and sometimes exceedingly good in small doses).

JP needs to take McG off, push Bradders up front with Robertson. I will complement BWP, his touch has improved amazingly since last year, and hae really is beginning to show some deft skills at times, I never thought I would say that.

If thats the best MF in the country then I would hate to see the rest. MF have defensive duties as well. We are powder puff weak in MF, useless up front and a pushover (literally) for big players at the back. Still we do have a good GK. We are truly shockingly awful tonight, lucky to still be in with a shout at 2-0, but hey the football is pretty (and sometimes exceedingly good in small doses).

JP needs to take McG off, push Bradders up front with Robertson. I will complement BWP, his touch has improved amazingly since last year, and hae really is beginning to show some deft skills at times, I never thought I would say that.

I was being slighly ironic - my point being we play the ball around fantastically in the middle part of the field but are s@@t everywhere else.

I was being slighly ironic - my point being we play the ball around fantastically in the middle part of the field but are s@@t everywhere else.

OK, maybe you could signal your irony in some way, with some of the folks on here I was thinking you could be serious ;)

There is no doubt we play pretty football, and at times it is quite thrilling to watch, but quite honestly it is mostly quite embarrasing watching our youngsters having their confidence destroyed by a bunch of thugs (well Kuqi anyway). But thats Warnock for you, just wish we had him instead of Jan Nice but Dim Poortvliet.

The first goal was a foul, a light one and the defender should have been stronger when you know Kuqi is in your back but it was a push in the back. For the second goal the defending wasn't great but CP were lucky the ball fell so nicely for Beattie. That said CP have been running our defense to pieces and especially Perry is awful. Our midfield looks nice but if our wingers don't start running at people then nothing will ever happen. At the moment the most dangerous players on the flanks are Skacel and James.

If you to55ers bothered to watch you will see the first goal was fecking foul! Shuqi shoved Pearce out of the way. What is the point of refs? Fecking useless k u n t!

posted from my blackberry lol

Everyone knows it was a foul, except the ref, but thats what happens when you come up against experience. Kids get bullied (shouldn't do, but thats life). Its no good blaming the ref, yes he made a mistake, but he could also have give a pen in the first minute (although that too would have been a mistake) and many refs would have done. Stop looking for excuses, the problem is there for all to see, and it is not the ref.

It wasn't that bad.

The first goal should have been a foul on Pearce but the second was a case of sloppy defending.

The most frustrating thing is that we can't make our possession count as was the case on Saturday.

Fingers crossed for the next 45mins.