For future transfer activity, lets avoid Serie A...

alpine_saint

So Osvaldo scores one goal and Alps is a tw*t.

Far from having proven his 15m tag, and lets face it, Ramirez looks a bigger waste of money with every passing game...

When you are deep in sh*t, normally it's good advice not to dig even deeper !

Best to call it a day on this one IMHO !

Of course you enjoy it as that is your game as well. Alpine at times adds to the board but his intention to irritate his fellow fans needs to be pointed out.

I haven't trolled this board for months , I admit I used to but haven't for ages. Just because I don't toe the party line and play devils advocate a fair bit it doesn't mean I'm a Wind up. It's not my problem some can't handle an opinion different to their own.

I haven't trolled this board for months , I admit I used to but haven't for ages. Just because I don't toe the party line and play devils advocate a fair bit it doesn't mean I'm a Wind up. It's not my problem some can't handle an opinion different to their own.

Fair enough, but there is devils advocate and then intentional niggle

But it's just so tiring tbh - still if it turns you on - go right ahead

Still when overplayed its repetition at best

So correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the point of a forum was discussion and debate. If you don't agree with someone's opinion then surely you are entitled to question it? Or is it more case that only one view is allowed and anyone that doesn't subscribe to the popular view is a WUM?

So correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the point of a forum was discussion and debate. If you don't agree with someone's opinion then surely you are entitled to question it? Or is it more case that only one view is allowed and anyone that doesn't subscribe to the popular view is a WUM?

Repetition was my pov question what you like your opinion matters

Alps...many thanks for the continued comedy freds...:lol:

I know you love the club and appreciate the unbelievable talent in Osvaldo and Ramirez:)

Boyz and Girlz........Just enjoy the fun that Alps brings to the forum:D

Please do not take yourselves too seriously.......:rolleyes:

Even I have learnt to stop calling some of you flucking idiots:p

Let us all enjoy the magical ride SFC is on.

Debate and discussion is the point. However these both need reason, and some ability to empathise with another's stand or point of view. It has to be two sided.

Certain posters are not interested in either of these things, and fall into one of several categories.

I have no idea what alps is. For a 50+ father, I simply cannot understand how a man can be so petulant and knee-jerk.if it was a one-off, people may be more forgiving. But really, starting to write a player off after 3 and a half games? That isn't remotely reasonable, and let's be frank, there is form for this.

Blindly making the same boring comments over and over again is not discussion nor debate. Something which goes on a lot around here.

You hardly encourage discussion or debate yourself. Appointing yourself the arbiter of all things Saintsweb. Telling us what the entire forum think (usually based on one post) and how ridiculous it is and how stupid we all are. It's ever so easy to be the perpetual contrarian that simply tells other people they are silly, whilst being smug at the same time. Which is odd, as you clearly know your football, and make decent points, and interesting arguments when you want to.

Then there are those like Glasgow and Barry, who are just baffling. Does anyone know what Glasgow is on about half the time? Or whether or not he is being serious? You cannot discuss or debate with that. But again, he knows he's stuff, and when he wants to can make some good points. Barry is simply not possible to debate with, as again, it is just the same few lines over and over and over.

Debate and discus on is great, but let's not forget it has to be two way. Threads like this are not designed for either of these things, and when it is repeated so often, it can annoy people that are her for that.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

Debate and discussion is the point. However these both need reason, and some ability to empathise with another's stand or point of view. It has to be two sided.

Certain posters are not interested in either of these things, and fall into one of several categories.

I have no idea what alps is. For a 50+ father, I simply cannot understand how a man can be so petulant and knee-jerk.if it was a one-off, people may be more forgiving. But really, starting to write a player off after 3 and a half games? That isn't remotely reasonable, and let's be frank, there is form for this.

Blindly making the same boring comments over and over again is not discussion nor debate. Something which goes on a lot around here.

You hardly encourage discussion or debate yourself. Appointing yourself the arbiter of all things Saintsweb. Telling us what the entire forum think (usually based on one post) and how ridiculous it is and how stupid we all are. It's ever so easy to be the perpetual contrarian that simply tells other people they are silly, whilst being smug at the same time. Which is odd, as you clearly know your football, and make decent points, and interesting arguments when you want to.

Then there are those like Glasgow and Barry, who are just baffling. Does anyone know what Glasgow is on about half the time? Or whether or not he is being serious? You cannot discuss or debate with that. But again, he knows he's stuff, and when he wants to can make some good points. Barry is simply not possible to debate with, as again, it is just the same few lines over and over and over.

Debate and discus on is great, but let's not forget it has to be two way. Threads like this are not designed for either of these things, and when it is repeated so often, it can annoy people that are her for that.

See the 'fat Sam' thread as a classic debate on here. I've said he's a good manager and listed the salient points as to why I think that, there are half a dozen posts that just say he's a terrible manager and a ****. I would guarantee if I'd picked anyone up on that and asked them for their justification for why they think he's a crap manager and got into a discussion I'd be lambasted for trolling because it's not the popular view on here to rate him. You're right it is a two way thing, people need to back up their views and statements and not get stroppy if they're challenged.

Edited by Turkish

Cant really agree with all of that as IMHO is simpler - all are allowed their opinion... whatever it is... but its when its faked to be deliberately contrary and irritating that its becomes pointless and pretty pathetic from grown men - kids and teenagers, fair enough, but grown men?

Alps to be fair is at least being himself. I dont think he is on a wind up, just that football is actually not the be and end all of life so can be used as an outlet for frustration and emotion. All Alps is is emotionally reactionary - and I am sure its probably quite healthy to have football as an outlet for that. Means he's probably pretty calm and composed with work and family... and anyway, given that eery time we are not doing well, up he pops with his visions of doom, which seems to be a perfect good omen - as we always seem to score and win after he has provided his frustrated vision.Need to make sure he has web access whenever things aint going so well.

As to the self appointed thought police, pointing out how sad and pathetic we all are... truly odd for grown men to be honest, but rather than ridiculed, they should be pitied.