Victor Wanyama sidelined for six weeks

Saint-Armstrong

This is a great thread about Victor Wanyama being sidelined, really glad I read it and now know all about his injury and when he will be back :)

These boring fckers love each other really - the bickering, deriding and repetition is just part of their foreplay. Even I have picked up that thread titles are pretty much irrelevant.

These boring fckers love each other really - the bickering, deriding and repetition is just part of their foreplay. Even I have picked up that thread titles are pretty much irrelevant.

The thread is on topic, quit being a drama queen. All you need to know about Wanyama is within the title thread. The rest of the thread is discussion about the repercussion and reasons. Its a forum for discussion.

If you just want the news / headlines then read the echo or the OS

During the debate regarding the cup game it was pointed out Hull being in a similar position to us at that time a few seasons back and just avoided relegation . Whilst I do not expect to get relegated just yet, Iam realistic enough to accept our squad is not deep enough and with enough quality to fight on 2 cup runs and the league. I have put 2cup runs as of course if you expect to put your best side out in the League cup you would also have to do so In the FA cup. Even without the injuries would you expect us to be able to cope with that?

Well done, immediately playing the relegation card.

We're not going down you wet blanket.

Swansea win the cup and finish ninth in their second season - you really think that is so beyond us in our second season? Just a pathetic defeats attitude.

And by the way, what happened to your dream of taking your kids to a cup final? You made it seem so jolly important in your collected ranting/whining about how horrible Portsmouth are. Now suddenly not so important after all. Oh well.

Personally I'd love us to get to a cup final. And the sooner the better.

Swansea win the cup and finish ninth in their second season - you really think that is so beyond us in our second season? Just a pathetic defeats attitude.

And by the way, what happened to your dream of taking your kids to a cup final? You made it seem so jolly important in your collected ranting/whining about how horrible Portsmouth are. Now suddenly not so important after all. Oh well.

BUT LOOK AT WIGAN FFS

I would not ever give a jot about relegation if the price is winning a cup.

I will still follow my team regardless of the division, a European run feels great even if you're getting Yeovil away the following Saturday (probably even more so) and you'll always remember the day out in Wembley.

I'm surprised that most people want us up there fighting with the best yet don't even bother looking into their history page to see why are they traditionally that good. Even the nouveaux riche like City or Chelsea were miles ahead of us in silverware before being able to splash the cash. And let's not compare with other fellow PL classics like Villa or Everton.

if yo u learnt to read you'd might take in that I said. I don't think we would be relegated.

As for my point about Pompey robbing other teams fans taking their kids to a cup final is correct, as the difference is they cheated to get there at the expense of other teams who were playing to the rules. Thus robbing those people of taking their kids to a final. As as for whining you are the person on here who has the most whining moaning attitude, never taking on another persons views, at Alpine does listen.

If we were likely to get to a final then I'd be up for it, but the chances of beating Chelsea and one of the other top teams over 2 legs is highly unlikely.1 of them perhaps but not both with our squad.

As for a wet blanket, I suppose you are now in the happy flappy camp as you are naively believing we can not only sustain our league form but also become a world beating cup team.

if yo u learnt to read you'd might take in that I said. I don't think we would be relegated.

As for my point about Pompey robbing other teams fans taking their kids to a cup final is correct, as the difference is they cheated to get there at the expense of other teams who were playing to the rules. Thus robbing those people of taking their kids to a final. As as for whining you are the person on here who has the most whining moaning attitude, never taking on another persons views, at Alpine does listen.

If we were likely to get to a final then I'd be up for it, but the chances of beating Chelsea and one of the other top teams over 2 legs is highly unlikely.1 of them perhaps but not both with our squad.

As for a wet blanket, I suppose you are now in the happy flappy camp as you are naively believing we can not only sustain our league form but also become a world beating cup team.

I read what you'd written, and you played the relegation card, babbling about Hull City from a few years ago. What link do they have with us? None at all. Then going on to say it won't happen doesn't remove the fact you feel the need to mention relegation whenever the subject of trying to win a trophy comes up. You're not alone, it's a common theme.

If you think I am naive to think we can finish top ten and get to the latter stages if a cup this season, then fine.

You think that's naive. Noted. See you in April and lets see how we've done then.

Remind me how I'm a whiner when I think we can do that, but you think we can't? How bad do you think we are?

I read what you'd written, and you played the relegation card, babbling about Hull City from a few years ago. What link do they have with us? None at all. Then going on to say it won't happen doesn't remove the fact you feel the need to mention relegation whenever the subject of trying to win a trophy comes up. You're not alone, it's a common theme.

If you think I am naive to think we can finish top ten and get to the latter stages if a cup this season, then fine.

You think that's naive. Noted. See you in April and lets see how we've done then.

Remind me how I'm a whiner when I think we can do that, but you think we can't? How bad do you think we are?

on one thing we agree,top ten is not beyond us in fact I will say top 8. We have walk before we can run and so we need to establish ourselves before going on cup crusades unless we get a plum route.

I wonder how well we might have got on Yesterday if Shaw and Lallana were injured too. Saying we might as well have played the first team at Sunderland is naive as you're assuming these injuries are the worst case scenario. It isn't. Half the reason we got relegated last time (I'm not suggesting it would have happened again) was that huge injury circus we had at a similar time of year. Back then we were forced to play Best and Blackstock up front for a few games and had an emergency keeper on loan from Spurs.

We coped well again City with the kids on the pitch but let's not push our luck. The trip to SJP next week will be a much tougher test of their nerve.

I wonder how well we might have got on Yesterday if Shaw and Lallana were injured too. Saying we might as well have played the first team at Sunderland is naive as you're assuming these injuries are the worst case scenario. It isn't. Half the reason we got relegated last time (I'm not suggesting it would have happened again) was that huge injury circus we had at a similar time of year. Back then we were forced to play Best and Blackstock up front for a few games and had an emergency keeper on loan from Spurs.

We coped well again City with the kids on the pitch but let's not push our luck. The trip to SJP next week will be a much tougher test of their nerve.

The "I'm-not-saying-it-will-happen-but-I-am-going-to-mention-possible-relegation-if-we-dare-try-to-win-a-cup" routine is fast becoming the biggest trend on Saintsweb.

Bring back the good old days of "chopping-and-changing-managers-never-works". How come no one mentions that any more? After all, "it-takes-three-seasons-for-a-manager-to-build-a-team".

How times change.

The "I'm-not-saying-it-will-happen-but-I-am-going-to-mention-possible-relegation-if-we-dare-try-to-win-a-cup" routine is fast becoming the biggest trend on Saintsweb.

Bring back the good old days of "chopping-and-changing-managers-never-works". How come no one mentions that any more? After all, "it-takes-three-seasons-for-a-manager-to-build-a-team".

How times change.

How times change.

do you really believe that we can do well in the league eg finish top 10 ,and also field our strongest teams in all the cup games. I don't know if you fomented on us fielding weakened teams in the earlier rounds. Therefore the first 11would have to play another 10 games in our pressing style. To me that sounds mad,

do you really believe that we can do well in the league eg finish top 10 ,and also field our strongest teams in all the cup games. I don't know if you fomented on us fielding weakened teams in the earlier rounds. Therefore the first 11would have to play another 10 games in our pressing style. To me that sounds mad,

It's just you blathering on about "fielding our strongest team in all the cup games". I've never said we should do that.

But do I think we could finish, say, eighth, and, say, get to the FA Cup final? Well yes I do.

I don't really struggle to visualise that as possibility for a Southampton side.

Struggle to understand why you think it so beyond us.

It's just you blathering on about "fielding our strongest team in all the cup games". I've never said we should do that.

But do I think we could finish, say, eighth, and, say, get to the FA Cup final? Well yes I do.

I don't really struggle to visualise that as possibility for a Southampton side.

Struggle to understand why you think it so beyond us.

Nice selective positioning there, you keep 'field our strongest teams' moaning to only games we lose it seems. Any victory with a weakened side is of course what you expect and is casually forgotten.

Now you have changed it to finish high in the league and win the FA cup, the league cup is now forgotten Lol.

Your position WAS that we must try and win all competitions, therefore to do so you need to play your strongest side in all games, as no team is a pushover.

Therefore if you had your way we would still be in the League cup, high i the league and then take on all in the FA cup. If we were on that course i suspect you might concede that at present the club does not have a deep enough squad to cope.

I await your normal reply of sarcasm and bile, with no understanding that there is another side to these things

Nice selective positioning there, you keep 'field our strongest teams' moaning to only games we lose it seems. Any victory with a weakened side is of course what you expect and is casually forgotten.

Now you have changed it to finish high in the league and win the FA cup, the league cup is now forgotten Lol.

Your position WAS that we must try and win all competitions, therefore to do so you need to play your strongest side in all games, as no team is a pushover.

Therefore if you had your way we would still be in the League cup, high i the league and then take on all in the FA cup. If we were on that course i suspect you might concede that at present the club does not have a deep enough squad to cope.

I await your normal reply of sarcasm and bile, with no understanding that there is another side to these things

Once again you are making up opinions for me.

Never said we should try and win all competitions. Never said it.

Never said we should play our strongest teams in all competitions. Never said it. Was happy with the team we put out in the match against Bristol City. Perfectly happy.

As as for me "forgetting the league cup" what on god's earth do you want me to do? We're out of the sod, so luckily you don't have to take your children to a cup final which other seems you only give a sh it about when whining about Portsmouth.

But well done, make up opinions and then have a go at me for them.