Our support

Delboy Dave

Leeds are not having a bad season at all and handily placed for a run in to the playoffs. I'm sure they would prefer that to a cup run. Still, you can take the fan out of Leeds. But.....

As for our support. I was impressed today. Only expected abou 10k and they made a fair bit of noise. Saints put a decent side out and treated the competition with respect. No complaints at all.

Leeds are a sleeping giant. They are sorely missed in the top flight by many of us.

A key thing about Leeds' support is that it is very large, very solid, global in reach yet not at all plastic. The club, with ££ behind it and a refurbished/new stadium would have all the key structural ingredients of a top 4 outfit once promoted.

Leeds are a sleeping giant. They are sorely missed in the top flight by many of us.

A key thing about Leeds' support is that it is very large, very solid, global in reach yet not at all plastic. The club, with ££ behind it and a refurbished/new stadium would have all the key structural ingredients of a top 4 outfit once promoted.

Leeds are a big club but a million miles away from City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal and Spurs,about the same size as Villa, Everton and Newcastle.

I didn't think it was great today.

well to be honest there wasn't all that much of it; Must have been a bit over 13000 Saints fans there, all the rest are spent out or just don't go to cup games any more. Mind you the OS wittering on about possible starts for Reed and Gallagher didn't really help sell tickets at 20£ each.

Leeds are a big club but a million miles away from City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Arsenal and Spurs,about the same size as Villa, Everton and Newcastle.

You obviously missed the caveats that adrian lord added, that they needed the money behind them and a refurbished/new stadium. The other clubs you mention are awash with dosh and the success that has brought them attracts the large following of plastics that perpetuate their success. Leeds had a top four history in comparatively recent times and if they had the resources, there is no particular reason why they couldn't be there again.

Maybe in terms of money, but in terms of size of support, history, etc. i'd say they're bigger than City and Chelsea and arguably on a par with Spurs & Arsenal.

They're a huge club if we're honest and as much as i hate the fu.ckers i have a huge amount of respect for their support. Their away support is immense and really only bettered by United in my opinion. Also as Adrian says they're not plastic, you don't tend to see many joker hat, facepaint wearing dins in amongst them.

Maybe in terms of money, but in terms of size of support, history, etc. i'd say they're bigger than City and Chelsea and arguably on a par with Spurs & Arsenal.

They're a huge club if we're honest and as much as i hate the fu.ckers i have a huge amount of respect for their support. Their away support is immense and really only bettered by United in my opinion. Also as Adrian says they're not plastic, you don't tend to see many joker hat, facepaint wearing dins in amongst them.

+1.

Just started to watch a live Aussie match for the first time on BT Sport, didn't expect too much but bit surprised. Looks like a Sydney 'derby' but cracking atmosphere, entire ground has been bouncing up and down, Looks and sounds like a game in Turkey!. Full stadium and decent away support, is it always like this?

Just started to watch a live Aussie match for the first time on BT Sport, didn't expect too much but bit surprised. Looks like a Sydney 'derby' but cracking atmosphere, entire ground has been bouncing up and down, Looks and sounds like a game in Turkey!. Full stadium and decent away support, is it always like this?
Think a lot of the football supporters in Oz come from the Greek, Yugoslav etc communities and have adopted that kind of support for watching football over there.