Lovren - 10th best centre back in europe

Winchester Red

Top 50 players in Europe and look who's at number 10 of Centre Backs, the beast from the #saintsfc http://pic.twitter.com/hhEEIf3o23

Retweeted by Dejan Lovren

PS - Does anyone know how to make that pic link?

PPS - DOne it, although would be better embedded in this thread.... anyone? ;)

Lol does that make him the best CB in the Prem?

Top 50 players in Europe and look who's at number 10 of Centre Backs, the beast from the #saintsfc http://pic.twitter.com/hhEEIf3o23

Retweeted by Dejan Lovren

PS - Does anyone know how to make that pic link?

PPS - Done it, although would be better embedded in this thread.... anyone? ;)

So what this is effectively saying is that Lovren is the best CB in the PL. Far too heavily biased towards Italy in general and Juventus in particular, we've all seen that Italian players aren't all that good in the PL. thus as usual complete bolloaks.

So what this is effectively saying is that Lovren is the best CB in the PL. Far too heavily biased towards Italy in general and Juventus in particular, we've all seen that Italian players aren't all that good in the PL. thus as usual complete bolloaks.

How many Italian Centre Backs have played in the Prem? Who?

Jesus. I always thought you were moderately level but to suggest every Italian Centre Back that ever played isn't good enough for the Prem you'd have to be a complete idiot

I don't think Italian players or players from Italy in general translate particularly well to the PL as we have seen for ourselves. I mean there must be a reason why there are so few Italian defenders in the PL mustn't there. The game is so totally different

in the 2 countries. Look at Mexes, now he's a really average CB but he's a big star hotshot in Italy and to suggest that all these 3 Juventus blokes are all better than Kompany or Koscielny really is a bit silly.

Who in the prem would you swap him for? (Straight swap)

There probably aren't many to be fair, Kompany certainly springs to mind.

no idea, none I expect probably because they aren't good enough.

Yeah, I bet Nesta, Costacurta, Cannavarro & Maldini never would have been up to the PL.

According to that list it does.

IMO he cant be far from it.

I agree to some extent. I can't immediately think of many better. Though I'd be hesitant to say he is the best. He's at a good age though, still room to improve so maybe in a couple of years there is a chance he could be.

LoL, OBVIOUSLY.. Do you have eyes?

I really really really want to keep this guy,I imagine several big clubs will come sniffing before too long and for his quality at 24 they'll have to stump up a stupid fee. Kudos to whoever scouted him as 8mill is a snip.

Wooo there. You don't want to go giving our transfer system any credit.

You'll get drummed outa here!

Who in the prem would you swap him for? (Straight swap)

Well considering an uninjured Kompany is arguably the best CB in the world then him. Skrtel is up there as a maybe as is Vertonghan.

I do think Lovren is very very good, he is the one Im really worried about losing considering that Utd, Chelsea, arsenal and liverpool are potentially going to look for CBs soon.

Not sure he's the very best in the league but he can't be far off. All the usual names have been off and on this season.

How many English centre halves have made it in Serie A, out of interest?

I expect you'd have to go back to Des Walker and before that John Charles, there's not enough money in the Calcio to attract good British players now, they aren't very well paid you know which is why they're all prepared to sign on in the PL. They double their pay as a rule.

Edited by Window Cleaner