......not that bothered......!

modern matron

Look true fans don't believe the "champions league" bull**** and complete exaggeration of our status in the premier league - NC obviously did!

I am proud of the success we have had recently but truly believe we are over achieving!

Luke Shaw will leave to earn more money and win things which he won't do with us in my view.

If MOPO walks out on us to follow NC that's up to him but for me our great club will continue without both of them!

Let's face it we are in such a good position now so **** NC or MP we are in a great position to progress!

Look true fans don't believe the "champions league" bull**** and complete exaggeration of our status in the premier league - NC obviously did!

I am proud of the success we have had recently but truly believe we are over achieving!

Luke Shaw will leave to earn more money and win things which he won't do with us in my view.

If MOPO walks out on us to follow NC that's up to him but for me our great club will continue without both of them!

Let's face it we are in such a good position now so **** NC or MP we are in a great position to progress!

This!

Agreed. Unless the owners asset strip the club then nothing much will change, it's all just part of the football merry go round! IMO Cortese only achieved what was expected with the budget he had!

And just a reminder to all the doom and gloomers, we are still 4 divisions above the skates. Up the Saints.

All the reactions have been pretty extreme, it's not like the club has fallen apart. I don't think half of the first team are all suddenly going to leave. Of course MP may well but we're still sitting ok in the league and we will be an attractive investment to potential buyers.I remember being gutted when Nige left, but in came MP and we moved on, and I'm sure we can overcome the problems that will come out of today's events. Cortese isn't the club, we all are.

Agree with the OP.

The people who are taking this badly are the same people who really bought into the whole fantasy of saints playing in a packed state of the art 60K stadium while dominating the CL and PL.

Saints are still here and that's all that matters really.

A few of us have been saying that for years and been hammered and bullied for it.

A massive meh from me regarding his departure, in fact a yogurt that might be going out of date in the fridge is a more pressing concern.

For those stressing, let me just say that there are other successful CEOs out there earning far less than Cortese was taking out of the club. This might be the beginning of something even greater. On the other hand maybe it won't...

As long as this all quietens down in a couple of weeks and business as usual is maintained then the fuss will have been for nothing. Most of our players are at about the right level so we may lose Shaw and Osvaldo may clear off, but I don't foresee an exodus.

Even if the manager goes, at least we are now hopefully in a position of safety this year giving plenty of time for planning for the future.

Its a classic,I love the angle of the hand, this is what we do best and this is why I will always love my team, we are **** are doing things good, Ali Dia and the like, I just love our balls ups not at the time but looking back its unique to us for a club of our size, embarrassing yet charming.

You really think it's no great loss? Cortese had sold his vision to everybody involved in the club and was leading us up and up. You're genuinely happy that a woman with questionable business knowledge and zero experience/interest in football is at the helm?

You really think it's no great loss? Cortese had sold his vision to everybody involved in the club and was leading us up and up. You're genuinely happy that a woman with questionable business knowledge and zero experience/interest in football is at the helm?

Tbf you don't know anything about her or how she is being advised so everything you just said is speculation.

This thread says it all about our fans and why this club will never be "big".

Being above Pompey in the league tables and wearing stripes - thats all that matters :facepalm:

We will never be as big as you want as the Premier League is now in place and the World wants to see

United

Liverpool

City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Spurs

Newcastle

Everton

And many others more than us, this in turn with we dont have as many fans through the gate as them, nor Worldwide fans as them, so the only thing to level the playing field is money and lots of it, the Liebherr's are business people not football fans looking to throw away money.

How much have Ambramovich or Sheikh Mansour put in and how much would they get back, its personal pride and ego, they are not like that, its arrogant to believe Cortese got in a hissing fit about it as how much did he put up?

This is high as we can ever go without a stella sugar daddy wanting to throw money away, why would they do that here?

All we have is being above them, we dont win Cups or trophies, we didn't even try this year in one of them, people need a reality check, we are a small much loved by our own provincial football club that has underacheived for years (name another our size worse) and it will always be that way unless the reason I gave above changes, they were never going to take us to Europe and beyond, how naive and silly are people.

We will never be as big as you want as the Premier League is now in place and the World wants to see

United

Liverpool

City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Spurs

Newcastle

Everton

And many others more than us, this in turn with we dont have as many fans through the gate as them, nor Worldwide fans as them, so the only thing to level the playing field is money and lots of it, the Liebherr's are business people not football fans looking to throw away money.

How much have Ambramovich or Sheikh Mansour put in and how much would they get back, its personal pride and ego, they are not like that, its arrogant to believe Cortese got in a hissing fit about it as how much did he put up?

This is high as we can ever go without a stella sugar daddy wanting to throw money away, why would they do that here?

All we have is being above them, we dont win Cups or trophies, we didn't even try this year in one of them, people need a reality check, we are a small much loved by our own provincial football club that has underacheived for years (name another our size worse) and it will always be that way unless the reason I gave above changes, they were never going to take us to Europe and beyond, how naive and silly are people.

What you miss is that football isn't a competition for who is the biggest in some Barry's subjective test. Its about winning games.

Winning more games comes from better players and management - who are more likely to be at your bigger clubs.

A year ago we were told on here we are light years away from spurs and Everton etc.

NC showed this isn't true. We have been competing with them. Yes we are behind but in second season have hugely closed the gap, because NC was open minded and ambitious.

Historic trophies or being 'big' don't attract good players - money, where club are competing and prospects do. The signings of Lovren, Osvaldo, Wanyana this season showed we are attracting players good enough for top 8.

I could not see us competing with the top 4 ever, but would be silly to say its impossible as someone may want to fund it.

Respected pundits felt it was good that we questioned the natural order rather than accept others will always be better.

Everton and Spurs do not get significantly better crowds. My view is our academy feed is better.

We should aim to break into that group. Of course, others will too.

I'm frustrated about yesterday's events and feel its a real step backwards. Its hit the most important thing for fans - optimism.

As others said, felt similar last year as thought we would steadily improve with NA, so maybe it will be OK.

The only thing that is clear from reports is we don't know what's happened and why. We maybe for sale, or about to invest more, or plod on - all could fit.

Others CEOs could do a good job , my fear is not so much losing NC but losing the bought into vision.

And those looking for silver lining ....I don't even like stripes!!

What you miss is that football isn't a competition for who is the biggest in some Barry's subjective test. Its about winning games.

Winning more games comes from better players and management - who are more likely to be at your bigger clubs.

A year ago we were told on here we are light years away from spurs and Everton etc.

NC showed this isn't true. We have been competing with them. Yes we are behind but in second season have hugely closed the gap, because NC was open minded and ambitious.

Historic trophies or being 'big' don't attract good players - money, where club are competing and prospects do. The signings of Lovren, Osvaldo, Wanyana this season showed we are attracting players good enough for top 8.

I could not see us competing with the top 4 ever, but would be silly to say its impossible as someone may want to fund it.

Respected pundits felt it was good that we questioned the natural order rather than accept others will always be better.

Everton and Spurs do not get significantly better crowds. My view is our academy feed is better.

I'm frustrated about yesterday's events and feel its a real step backwards. Its hit the most important thing for fans - optimism.

As others said, felt similar last year as thought we would steadily improve with NA, so maybe it will be OK.

The only thing that is clear from reports is we don't know what's happened and why. We maybe for sale, or about to invest more, or plod on - all could fit.

Others CEOs could do a good job , my fear is not so much losing NC but losing the bought into vision.

Spurs and Everton are far far bigger than us its about knowing where we stand, 15th-20th largest in the Country, the glass ceiling has been reached and without huge sums thats it, no more, the game is over.

Sad but true.

What a load of nonsense about us "not accepting the natural order".

We're on track to finish eighth or ninth. Where WBA and Swansea finished last year. Where Lowe got us on a relative shoe string.

Hardly shaking football to its foundations.

Spurs and Everton are far far bigger than us its about knowing where we stand, 15th-20th largest in the Country, the glass ceiling has been reached and without huge sums thats it, no more, the game is over.

While I agree with may of your points I don't feel that "the game is over". Wigan won the FA cup last year - less fans than us and in a season they were relegated. We still can achieve things - we may not get above 9th position but a great cup run is still possible and should be an aim.

Edited by red&white56

While I agree with may of your points I don't feel that "the game is over". Wigan won the FA cup last year - less fans than us and in a season they were relegated. We still can achieve things - we may not get above 9th position but a great cup run is still possible and should be an aim.

The club did not take the League Cup seriously but yes anyone can win the Cup and that is the beauty of it, respect it and try to win it, things we have not done in the past. As far as the League goes thats it, our fans on this have been very naive, the said clubs are an awful lot bigger than us and will always be so unless huge amounts of money are spent, this regime would not do it and its unlikely another one will do.

Sad but true.

What a load of nonsense about us "not accepting the natural order".

We're on track to finish eighth or ninth. Where WBA and Swansea finished last year. Where Lowe got us on a relative shoe string.

Hardly shaking football to its foundations.

Maybe I wasn't clear, or you missed my point...

Barry - 'bigger' doesn't matter! What is it anyway? Crowds? Then spurs and everton are not far ahead and have 12th highest crowds this season so why would you put our club (add in stadium academy ) as 20th?

If its historic trophies (not that Everton have been winning much) maybe you are in awe of skates?

CB not sure if its just your default response but I'm clearly talking about NC's stated ambitions not where we have reached today

Barry - 'bigger' doesn't matter! What is it anyway? Crowds? Then spurs and everton are not far ahead and have 12th highest crowds this season so why would you put our club (add in stadium academy ) as 20th?

If its historic trophies (not that Everton have been winning much) maybe you are in awe of skates?

CB not sure if its just your default response but I'm clearly talking about NC's stated ambitions not where we have reached today

They are not far ahead due to stadium capacity limitations hence they both want to move, I'm jealous of what others have won and ****ed off we have not won more, bigger does not matter you are correct as it can be falsely elevated by huge sums of money ie Chelsea/City, that is not forthcoming so we shall go back to our natural position, accept this Nick and move on, the realistic ones did this years ago.

Success, winning things and a large population all play a part in a clubs size, we have not much of any, I accept this and love my team regardless, the expectation level has been falsely raised and naive fans have lapped it up, others clubs are of course trying exactly the same thing as us and they are larger.

What does football mean to people? What does Saints mean?

To me, it's 3 generations of Saints fans travelling 190 each way talking nonsense & spending time together!

I don't give a flying **** about the PL, Championship, CL etc

I know a fan of Accrington & he still loves his football.

Me, my dad & my lads spending time together is what it's all about!!

A lot of us realised that the "stated ambitions" were pie in the sky.

To me, it's 3 generations of Saints fans travelling 190 each way talking nonsense & spending time together!

Could not agree more with you, Cortese spinning the dream of European football and consistent European football as well as like selling lead as gold, it simply was not sustainable, as long as we have a club to support I could not give a rats arse what a chairman annouces, a load of old **** with no justification.

Less talk more walk.

This.

:thumbup: