• Davis
    • Lallana
    • Lambert
    • Rodriguez
    • Guly
    • JWP
    • Wanyama

Massive hat tip to the travelling fans

Yep, near 1100 way oop north on a Tuesday night is a good show, a warm up for another even longer haul on Saturday!

That was a great result, keeps the league battle alive with the mancs slipping up again and the Geordies starting to unravel a bit.

Now onto the cup.

Because they were a bit small-time? They weren't bad support, fair few stood and made a bit of noise, but a lot of lower league type songs for most the game, like a Crystal Palace lite.version

It was just that chant though, bit odd. They stopped after we scored, at least...

Behave wasn't that bad.

You're right actually. Apart from missing two golden chances, giving the ball away continuously and killing a lot of attacks he was quite good.

The fact is, his performance levels are now consistently inadequate. He still scores some great goals and produces some excellent passes and touches (not last night though) but I would say he has far more poor games now than any of our other regular starters. In away games and against the better teams he often struggles badly. He would probably do better in a less dynamic and more rigid attacking side but that's irrelevant really.

He's a great player to have in the squad but we need to replace him in the starting eleven if we're going to push on next season.

What impressed me so much is the progress this shows we have made under MP.

The starting XI (well squad minus Big Vic who got what, 2-3 mins?) were all here last season.

I loved our Nigel, think he did a great job, and yeah I was upset when he left.

Watching the closing period last night I still felt confident we would see it out, and that we never really looked in danger. Last season pre-MP I would never have felt that. No slight on Nige, but just shows to me what a good manager we have in MP.

A good win, and good performance at a difficult place to go this season.

I like Steve Bruce, not the most glamorous guy but seems a decent bloke and does a solid job. Think they a good for survival this season.

You're right actually. Apart from missing two golden chances, giving the ball away continuously and killing a lot of attacks he was quite good.

The fact is, his performance levels are now consistently inadequate. He still scores some great goals and produces some excellent passes and touches (not last night though) but I would say he has far more poor games now than any of our other regular starters. In away games and against the better teams he often struggles badly. He would probably do better in a less dynamic and more rigid attacking side but that's irrelevant really.

He's a great player to have in the squad but we need to replace him in the starting eleven if we're going to push on next season.

Oh dear Benji do you have a death wish our Rog will have a wax effigy of you so be prepared