Wikipedia - current Southampton Squad

BristolSaint

I know it is never a 100% reliable source but usually wikipedia is pretty accurate. I just took a look to see if there was any information under Southampton FC for the latest debutant Sam McQueen.

There is as per the link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southampton_F.C.#First-team_squad

but also if you look, there is no Schneiderlin in the squad, but there are a few names of players (Kamara, Deeney, Johnson, Cabella,Necid etc) of players currently playing for other teams????????

I know it is never a 100% reliable source but usually wikipedia is pretty accurate. I just took a look to see if there was any information under Southampton FC for the latest debutant Sam McQueen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southampton_F.C.#First-team_squad[/url

but also if you look, there is no Schneiderlin in the squad, but there are a few names of players (Kamara, Deeney, Johnson, Cabella,Necid etc) of players currently playing for other teams????????

??... don't know what you're looking at but it looked OK on my screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southampton_F.C.#First-team_squad

Wikipedia is one of the least reliable websites in the world (unless it provides good citation) as it can be edited by anyone on the planet. I could within seconds if I wished list BristolSaint as the Southampton goalkeeper on Southampton's wikipedia page.

Wikipedia is one of the least reliable websites in the world (unless it provides good citation) as it can be edited by anyone on the planet. I could within seconds if I wished list BristolSaint as the Southampton goalkeeper on Southampton's wikipedia page.

Or the Argentine "Adam Lallana" in the squad alongside the reall lallana, with a link to the Lionel Messi page...

You could of course do what you say, however Wiki moderates the changes and therefore any vandalism such as this would be undone. Hint, always check the version history, the changes that were being seen earlier were amost certainly being done by a Skate on a windup. People think "anyone" can make changes in Wiki, its true to a point, but only registered editors can make changes that remain in place when reviewed for authenticity. Sometimes it takes a day or so before the vandalism is caught and resolved. Its usually pretty obvious, the user who was vandalising the page yesterday made lots of edits, and they have all been undone. I don't recall his handle now but it was quite obvious it was just a moronic attempt at humour by someone who does not understand how the system works.

He wouldn't be any worse than Gazzaniga though surely?

Can you point out one thing on there which is provably untrue that has been on there for more than one day?

Can you point out one thing on there which is provably untrue that has been on there for more than one day?

On the St Mary's stadium wikipedia page for many years was a sentance that the awarding of the Rugby World Cup would help fund an expansion, which is nonsense.

Edited by Matthew Le God

except studies suggest wikipedia is actually about as reliable as the encyclopedia britannica

its like saying the bbc site doesnt work because you found one broken link

except studies suggest wikipedia is actually about as reliable as the encyclopedia britannica

its like saying the bbc site doesnt work because you found one broken link

Key part of my post which you have overlooked was... "unless it provides good citation". If a wikipedia article links each point to a reliable source, then I have no problem with it.

Key part of my post which you have overlooked was... "unless it provides good citation". If a wikipedia article links each point to a reliable source, then I have no problem with it.

even with that caveat the comment 'least reliable website in the world' was clearly nonsense. unless you are saying every fact on that massive site without good citation isnt true.

you are not saying that are you!?

as with my previous example. its like you have said 'the bbc site is down! (except all the pages and links that are working)'

anyway, i have already used 2 posts on this. and even im bored now