Agustin Delgado

Hatch

Just noticed he is playing now for Liga de Quito who will be playing in the Club World Cup Tournament with Man Utd out in Japan.

Another player deemed not good enough for us (by some) but now playing at a level a million miles higher than we currently are.

Also I thought he had been banned for a year or something for a punch up.

Lowe got stick for bringing him here but to be fair he was a quality player. dont think he ever wanted to leave his home country though which was his and our downfall. I think he could have got fit and could have done very well for us but acted like a home sick kid and stiffed us well and truely.

Lowe got stick for bringing him here but to be fair he was a quality player. dont think he ever wanted to leave his home country though which was his and our downfall. I think he could have got fit and could have done very well for us but acted like a home sick kid and stiffed us well and truely.

He was playing in Mexico. I saw him in 2001 in the South American World cup qualifiers. He was awsome, one of the best players in the competition and a national idol in Ecuador.

Our problem was he needed an operation and rather than having it went and played in the World cup, pretty much as Pahars did. I would be very surprised if the only way they could play with the injury, was pain killing injections. All this does is allow further injury.

They hardly ever played for us after that. It wouldn't surprise me if that is how he is continuing to play.

He was playing in Mexico. I saw him in 2001 in the South American World cup qualifiers. He was awsome, one of the best players in the competition and a national idol in Ecuador.

Our problem was he needed an operation and rather than having it went and played in the World cup, pretty much as Pahars did. I would be very surprised if the only way they could play with the injury, was pain killing injections. All this does is allow further injury.

They hardly ever played for us after that. It wouldn't surprise me if that is how he is continuing to play.

Didnt we take him knowing he had some knee trouble? I think the club knew he had trouble but knew what was needed to fix it and knew they would have a pretty good player because of it.

The club couldnt have foreseen the pressure he would have got from his country to play anyway though which like you said probably caused even more problems. cant just blame his country though, on more than 1 occasion he did a disapearing act and left us wondering what was going on.

Didnt we take him knowing he had some knee trouble? I think the club knew he had trouble but knew what was needed to fix it and knew they would have a pretty good player because of it.

The club couldnt have foreseen the pressure he would have got from his country to play anyway though which like you said probably caused even more problems. cant just blame his country though, on more than 1 occasion he did a disapearing act and left us wondering what was going on.

I think even the President of Ecuador got involved.

Hmmm! The Sunday newspapers have said that Chelsea are keen to bring Kevin Davies to Stamford Bridge as a coy for Nicolas Anelka. If any player that left was considered prematurely not good enough it's Davies. Besides, from the 7million he brought to the club financially we could well have held on to him.

I can't see the transfer happening, but if it does, some folk on here are going to have yet another feather to bash Lowe's management past with.

Hmmm! The Sunday newspapers have said that Chelsea are keen to bring Kevin Davies to Stamford Bridge as a coy for Nicolas Anelka. If any player that left was considered prematurely not good enough it's Davies. Besides, from the 7million he brought to the club financially we could well have held on to him.

I can't see the transfer happening, but if it does, some folk on here are going to have yet another feather to bash Lowe's management past with.

One of the few poor points of Strachan's time here was his failure to get the best out of Davies. Certainly not Lowe's fault.

One of the few poor points of Strachan's time here was his failure to get the best out of Davies. Certainly not Lowe's fault.

Don't think it was really Strachans fault, I think he's just lost motivation and needed to move back up north closer to his family and roots. The last time I saw him play for us he was about the same size as Hammil, I'm sure in one of his final seasons he even managed to pick up 5 yellow cards in 4 appearences from the bench (The 5th comming while he was sat on the bench) and get suspended. Was a shame as I've always rated him.

Just noticed he is playing now for Liga de Quito who will be playing in the Club World Cup Tournament with Man Utd out in Japan.

Another player deemed not good enough for us (by some) but now playing at a level a million miles higher than we currently are.

We'll be playing Man Utd soon in an even more important cup match....bet Delgado wished he was still here, eh

Yes your 100% right us fans are totally to blame, i just wish us fans would f**k of and stop killing this club, we forced delgado to go awol, gave him a dodgy knee, forced Davies out of the club, ran wgs out the club, made fuller cr4p here, got the club relegated, losing the club money, we are mis-managing the club, we're driving the club into admin, jesus, are you lot for real??

Don't think it was really Strachans fault, I think he's just lost motivation and needed to move back up north closer to his family and roots. The last time I saw him play for us he was about the same size as Hammil, I'm sure in one of his final seasons he even managed to pick up 5 yellow cards in 4 appearences from the bench (The 5th comming while he was sat on the bench) and get suspended. Was a shame as I've always rated him.

Spot on ...KD had lost all motivation here and craved a return back up North. When he went to Bolton initially on trial/loan he was not exactly met with warm applause and welcome.

He was apalling in several games and couldn't be arsed to do anything - I watched him in several reserve games in front of WGS etc and he put no effort into his performances at all.

Blame WGS for some things and I do for Leandre Griffit who scored on his debut and was flying in the reserves and then got dropped for ages after but KD's time here was up and he has benefitted greatly moving closer to his family.

I've just been reminded of this quote from WGS about the TinMan

Gordon Strachan had also alienated the player, claiming to have signed the player based on his Championship Manager statistics and saying that it was the only time that the game had let him down. When pressed for his plans for the Ecuadorian, Strachan replied "I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yoghurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado

I've always wondered why people moan about players going off and playing for their clubs, even when the player could sit out for the benefit of injuries that would affect their club playing status.

On the one hand we moan about national players not having pride, and then we expect them, in the same breath, to do the best thing for the club all the time, regardless of nation. I'd always leap at any chance to represent my country. In fact, I have had pain killing injections in a similar situation. It meant I had to face 2 months out afterwards, but on a trade-off, I'd do it again. It's the same with Delgado and the others. Screw the managers who moan about it. It's the usual ********. If they don't play 'meaningless' friendlies etc, they are a **** national side with no team awareness etc. if they do, managers have a pop.

didnt he go on loan to millwall and was generally pap there...just came good again playing a certain way...

it happens...

He did, it was at the start of the Cup Final season for a few months.

He just needed a fresh start somewhere and had gone stale down here. I spoke to him on and off back then, and by his own admission he wasn't doing the business. There were a few off the field issues that he had to sort out (his neighbours were quite happy that he left!!!!) and at the time a break was the best for both result for both him and the Club.

Considering we got some decent money first time around and some great performances from him during his two stints, I never really had a problem with him moving on, although it his sometimes hard to believe he made less than a 100 starts for us.

"Every player has a different mentality, and some adapt more quickly than others," De la Cruz said. "Agustin is a good player, a good striker and he is really good in the air, but when he came to the UK he had many problems in the head. He got a bad injury. He had been playing in Mexico, and when you come to England you know it is not too easy, you need to work hard and be mentally strong and he wasn't ready for this challenge. I think he was a little bit confused when he arrived at Southampton.

http://www.sundayherald.com/sport/shfootball/display.var.2475028.0.saints_alive.php