Southampton Vs Denmark

Saint Garrett

Anyone else going. Would like to see Adam and Luke playing in the "first XI" as I'm sure there will be two teams pretty much, and the second half of these games is always very stop start.

I would start with:

Hart; Walker Cahill Smalling Shaw; Gerrard Wilshere; Chamberlain Rooney Lallana; Sturridge

Anyone else going? I'm heading up at lunchtime hopefully be a few other Saints in attendance!

Quite surprised Rodriguez and Lambert are anywhere near the England squad. Shaw and Lallana, however, are a different story. Would be surprised if one or both didn't go to Brazil. The other two? - little to no chance.

Quite surprised Rodriguez and Lambert are anywhere near the England squad. Shaw and Lallana, however, are a different story. Would be surprised if one or both didn't go to Brazil. The other two? - little to no chance.
Who would you have in the squad ahead of Rodriguez and Lambert? Would it be that much of a surprise if Shaw doesn't go to Brazil?

I'd be surprised. Raheem Sterling I like, especially for the kind of movement that Rickie lacks. Rodriguez too profligate even at Prem level, and loses possession too much. Surprised Adam Johnson not in cut. Hope Hodgson goes for new wave of youngsters in Brazil.

There are lots of players who aren't good enough for England. But our players have earnt their chance and for me it'll be amazing if any of them get to play in Brazil. All of a sudden Shaw has a realistic chance of going too. If you look at the scoring charts, the top 5 English strikers are Sturridge, Rooney, Rodriguez, Lambert and Welbeck, so their places are justified. Next ones look to be Crouch then Carlton Cole and Gary Hooper. Are they better players who have had better seasons?

Edited by Saint_Tony

I'd be surprised. Raheem Sterling I like, especially for the kind of movement that Rickie lacks. Rodriguez too profligate even at Prem level, and loses possession too much. Surprised Adam Johnson not in cut. Hope Hodgson goes for new wave of youngsters in Brazil.
Sterling is already part of the squad. Edited by Sour Mash

Sterling should go. You have to give a lot of credit to y Rodgers who has managed him very well. He's taken him out of the side for spells to avoid him getting burnt out, and in the last 2-3 months he's been performing at a consistently high level. At this moment in time, I'd have him ahead of Townsend, who has done very little recently, and is still keeping his place off of the media hype of his last 2 England performances

If jrod gets another 6-8 goals he'll be on the plane. But he doesn't look like getting another 6-8 goals so he probably won't be on the plane.

Well he's got no chance, we've already been informed on here that our misfiring out of form strikers are unlikely to ever score again

Yep, Mr Hodgson seems to be hinting at a cameo role at best...

9-y012gA_bigger.jpegThe FA@FA

Hodgson: It would be nice to get Luke Shaw on the pitch but I don't want to make any promises just yet #England

depends on whether he's really considered to be a possible for the summer or not. At full international level Shaw is an unknown quantity so if they think he may have some part to play in the summer wouldn't they really want to see what he can do now ?

Baines and Cole they know all about anyway.

Game on, *****es...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/04/england-football-rivalry-denmark-fifa

"The Danes had begun to draw praise from their hosts. "They play a good, hard game with perfect fairness and, in the main, a very sound knowledge of its intricacies," said the Observer. "Their merits are pace, dash and pluck; their faults a tendency to keep the ball too much in the air (the defect of most professional players nowadays), hesitancy near goal or, what is perhaps worse, a fatal habit of kicking wildly at the critical moment.""

Judging by the tactics, our coach back then was more widely known as "Rotund Samuel" and ran an academy of "all-encompassing football"...

Nothing to do with this, but anyone know how Prowsey getting on against Wales in the U21 game?

Staying on the topic now, we'll probs see Shaw get a half... Lallana will get some minutes too, but whether Lambert & Rodriguez play I'm not too sure. I can see one of them them getting the last ten minutes or something.

Nothing to do with this, but anyone know how Prowsey getting on against Wales in the U21 game?

Staying on the topic now, we'll probs see Shaw get a half... Lallana will get some minutes too, but whether Lambert & Rodriguez play I'm not too sure. I can see one of them them getting the last ten minutes or something.

Watching it at the moment, second half just started, really bad game. England having all the possession, but Wales have had the better chances on the counter attack. JWP not exactly overextending himself.

Isgrove has done absolutely nothing for Wales except being offside once.