Pochettino Out, Moyes In...

Unbelievable Jeff

Where does adkins fit into all this

he is, after all, the next great english manager and new 'fergie'

What a load of tripe that turned out to be eh.

He's just in the pay off places as it stands......ask some Reading fans and many think he has underachieved with what he has at his disposal.atleast they have not been hoodwinked like many on here.

If by some miracle Reading go up....he will be gone again..back to the lower leagues and obscurity.

Just like here,he did the bare minimum with an excellent squad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its indeed evidence of the discord that the Everton fans felt during his tenure. They were sick of his negative football amongst other reasons.

But hey, they are all wrong, he's a great manager that brings success everywhere he goes with his superior tactics and man management.

Just look at the sheer amount of records he managed to break whilst at Man U and just look how badly Everton have struggled since he left.

Opinions hey.

I never claimed he was a proponent of free-flowing attractive football. He got results. I also never said he had the support of all fans. This is not evidence he is a bad manager, these are opinions of some fans - not all. Look on here, some dislike MP and his style. Utterly ridiculous, if you ask me, but they still exist.

Is it not a sign of a good job that after 11 years, a manager was able to come in and carry on the good work? It shows no major rebuild was needed. If Moyes was so poor, why is Martinez being so highly praised for getting Everton to finish a likely 5th, when Moyes did that twice, got a 4th place finish once and the majority of his other seasons finished 6th-8th. Awful.

No one is saying he did a good job at utd, he clearly didn't and he deserved to be sacked. If a bad 10 month spell is more of an indicator of someones abilities that an 11 year spell, then yes he is terrible. Probably not a top or great manager. But to say he is awful is just plain wrong.

He did a very good job at Everton. Some fans were fed up as they felt he had plateaued, but considering he had his hands tied by funding, he was never likely to be banging the door down for top 4 on a regular basis anyway.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove
spelling

Its an opinion.

I don't rate him, as many don't. There isn't a single shred of evidence that suggests he's a good manager, only an average one.

I'm more than happy for others to over rate him though, just as long as he doesn't end up here.

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/everton-fans/an-open-letter-to-david-moyes/ :lol:

If Moyes is an average manager, that would make Pochettino an effing dreadful one.

The knee - jerk Sky sports "ohh he's so terrible" reaction has been a complete joke. Top 6/7 season in, season out is far from average.

Rule 1

Saints Web Forum

Positive or perceived so posts/threads shall always be given artistic license and air to blossom into a beautiful lie as LONG as it stays positive.

The perceived negative posts/threads whether truth or not or even a good discussion point shall be given short shrift and labelled a bed wetter and as "not on the bus"

Rule 1

Saints Web Forum

Positive or perceived so posts/threads shall always be given artistic license and air to blossom into a beautiful lie as LONG as it stays positive.

The perceived negative posts/threads whether truth or not or even a good discussion point shall be given short shrift and labelled a bed wetter and as "not on the bus"

I don't see why this is a negative thread?! I am asking a simple, hypothetical question about a situation that I believe could arise over the Summer. For some reason a number of people have decided that the only response to this is to throw insults. For shame.

Everton finishes in the last 20 years. Moyes joined in 2002, done on a relative shoestring. "not a shred of evidence hes a good manager" :lol:

1992-93 13th

1993-94 17th

1994-95 15th

1995-96 6th

1996-97 15th

1997-98 17th

1998-99 14th

1999-2k 13th

2000-01 16th

2001-02 15th

2002-03 7th

2003-04 17th

2004-05 4th

2005-06 11th

2006-07 6th

2007-08 5th

2008-09 5th

2009-10 8th

2010-11 7th

2011-12 7th

2012-13 6th

Everton finishes in the last 20 years. Moyes joined in 2002, done on a relative shoestring. "not a shred of evidence hes a good manager" :lol:

1992-93 13th

1993-94 17th

1994-95 15th

1995-96 6th

1996-97 15th

1997-98 17th

1998-99 14th

1999-2k 13th

2000-01 16th

2001-02 15th

2002-03 7th

2003-04 17th

2004-05 4th

2005-06 11th

2006-07 6th

2007-08 5th

2008-09 5th

2009-10 8th

2010-11 7th

2011-12 7th

2012-13 6th

http://talksport.com/magazine/features/130204/revealed-biggest-spenders-premier-league-history-190785?p=1

Absolute fantasy.

1992-93 13th

1993-94 17th

1994-95 15th

1995-96 6th

1996-97 15th

1997-98 17th

1998-99 14th

1999-2k 13th

2000-01 16th

2001-02 15th

2002-03 7th

2003-04 17th

2004-05 4th

2005-06 11th

2006-07 6th

2007-08 5th

2008-09 5th

2009-10 8th

2010-11 7th

2011-12 7th

2012-13 6th

Nope, Martinez is a superb manager. Taking a team regularly finishing 5th-8th and making them finish, 5th. :adore:

For the record I do actually think Martinez is doing a good job, and is indeed a good manager.

key point in the first line pal

"Everton's spot in the top 10 comes as the result of longevity more than anything"

Keep trying though.

:lol:

Also, no mention of what they have received. I'd imagine in most transfer windows Moyes net spend was negative. He had to sell, to buy. Often, the players sold were at a huge profit too.

Yup, nothing to do with Moyse then. Cheers.

No, their top 8 finishes for 9 of the last 11 years were nothing to do with moyes. :lol:

BTW here's his list of transfers, in his 11 years a net spend of about £12m, whilst finishing top 8 in 9 of them "Not a shred of evidence he's a good manager" :lol:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/everton-transfers.html

Edited by Turkish

Can't see Mopo going to Man Utd. Finishing 8th isn't exactly a massive achievement, at least not criteria for taking over one of the biggest clubs in the world.

And personally I would not want to see Moyes here as our manager. I don't think his style fits with ours. He had some good seasons with Everton but I don't think it is coincidence that the first season he is gone they are having their best PL season.

Can't see Mopo going to Man Utd. Finishing 8th isn't exactly a massive achievement, at least not criteria for taking over one of the biggest clubs in the world.

And personally I would not want to see Moyes here as our manager. I don't think his style fits with ours. He had some good seasons with Everton but I don't think it is coincidence that the first season he is gone they are having their best PL season.

Martinez seems to have got an extra gear out of Coleman and it's probably been years since they had a striker like Lukaku.

Seem to remember scoring goals was always one of their biggest problems, could be wrong.

Edited by Window Cleaner

So David Moyes is responsible for ten seasons of Everton spending before he even joined?

You're playing a blinder with your "shreds of evidence" you really are.

More irrelevance from yourself.

It proves that far from being a shoestring club Everton have invested quite heavily during the Premiership years.

Just because someone told you Moyse was good, doesn't make it true.

'Oh but he kept Everton in the top 10!'

Great, a team that is the 9th heaviest spender in Premiership History. :lol:

Average.

How is this their best season? They finished 5th (their current position) twice under Moyes, and 4th as well. They are in the ball park where Moyes kept them for most of his tenure.

Granted, they are doing it playing better football.

It proves that far from being a shoestring club Everton have invested quite heavily during the Premiership years.

Average.

My word kid, keep digging eh?

I cant see Pochettino going there either, he is not good enough yet and fails to meet their expected criteria of winning domestically, in Europe and has been successful in the very best of the players in the World transfers, in fact Pochettino is so far off going there Neil Armstong was closer to the appointment when he was on the moon.

Average.

Newcastle spent £170m more, are lower now than Moyes finished in the last 8 years and have been relegated in the same period.

SUnderland are bottom and have also been relegated during Moyes tenure at Everton and have spent about the same at them.

"Not a shred of evidence to prove he's a good manager" :lol:

Still not found any then.

Other than turning a team with no top half finishes for 10 years into one that has top 8 finishes for 9 out of 11 years with a net spend of £12m, spending £170m less than Newcastle and the same as Sunderland and not being relegated, qualifying for the champions leauge, cup finals, buying players like Joleen Lescott and Micheal Arteta and selling them for four time what he paid for them, no.

Other than turning a team with no top half finishes for 10 years into one that has top 8 finishes for 9 out of 11 years with a net spend of £12m, spending £170m less than Newcastle and the same as Sunderland and not being relegated, qualifying for the champions leauge, cup finals, buying players like Joleen Lescott and Micheal Arteta and selling them for four time what he paid for them, no.

You think this will convince me Moyse is actually any good?

1 bad season and he is damaged goods

yet adkins was hailed the great fergie for his bad season in the prem and should have stayed for 5 years???

odd

How many posters was that by then Jamie? Was it one or two posters that you're obsessing over with this quote? I'm going to guess at one. if we look at your history though, I seem to remember you calling Adkins a legend and saying that MP would definitely take us down in his first season...

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?31921-How-much-do-you-rate-like-nige

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?37624-Adkins-Southampton-legend

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42470-Ponchito-wont-last-the-year

I'm sorry, I don't enjoy agreeing with some people on this forum, but you are being handed your arse at the moment. I would suggest giving up.

No, I wont be changing my mind on David Moyse.

I look forward to his next job with massive interest.

Lets hope he lives up to the billing THIS time, hey.

No, I wont be changing my mind on David Moyse.

I look forward to his next job with massive interest.

Lets hope he lives up to the billing THIS time, hey.

I'm not saying change your mind. However I would keep your thoughts in your head, instead of typing it on here as you're coming across as stooopid...

I'm not saying change your mind. However I would keep your thoughts in your head, instead of typing it on here as you're coming across as stooopid...

I don't think there is any problem with posting ones opinions on here.

As I say, it is a well shared opinion, even on this thread.

I would hate to have him here, end of.

How many posters was that by then Jamie? Was it one or two posters that you're obsessing over with this quote? I'm going to guess at one. if we look at your history though, I seem to remember you calling Adkins a legend and saying that MP would definitely take us down in his first season...

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?31921-How-much-do-you-rate-like-nige

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?37624-Adkins-Southampton-legend

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42470-Ponchito-wont-last-the-year

I love people with memories :)

However, you are wrong. TheDellDays said those things, not Batman ;)