How much do you rate/like nige..?

Thedelldays

I think he is a breath of fresh air...and watching the tail end of last season with the form, resilience and grit the team showed..and now the way we play...

I think I love him (not literally)....what a great guy to be manager..and an articulate and decent bloke to boot by all accounts....

so much for the players not playing for him...he has created what seems to be an atmosphere within the squad that we have not seen for some time (maybe WGS..??)

sure, I do not expect us to stay top and probably will just fall short of the playoffs...but i dont care, we have the right man and playing the right sort of football that would grace an era a long time ago.....

top top man is our nige..

:adore:

Horrible flash backs of your Jan Port and Wotte threads DD......

but I think he's excellent, perfect fit for us in that he's a modern, forward thinking manager. I like the way he always seems to keep his cool, no mater what happens.

and he's played the pre-season perfectly, one of our best pre-seasons in years without a doubt.

If I was a footballer, he appears the type of person/manager i'd like to work for. I can imagine he gives them all so much confidence. At the end of the game today Lallana jumped on his back..you just get the impression the players love him.

If I was a footballer, he appears the type of person/manager i'd like to work for. I can imagine he gives them all so much confidence. At the end of the game today Lallana jumped on his back..you just get the impression the players love him.

He's created one of the best team spirits I can ever remember as a Saints fan.

I always think that is a big sign of team sprit etc when a player interacts like that with the manager..

Although I don't think you can just forget Pard's in all of this.

He started this off for us, he built this team and put us back on the right track. Although for some reason he couldn't get the consistency right, Adkins has just taken us on another level.

He started this off for us, he built this team and put us back on the right track. Although for some reason he couldn't get the consistency right.

indeed....he set the foundations..however, I dont think we would be playing the way we do (nice football like this) under him...he set the ball rolling...

what a great appointment though by NC...great judge.. and in a way, i like the way Nige insisted Scunny got compensated the way they did etc

I think Pardew deserves some credit for the attitude of the squad as he signed good players with good attitudes.

That said, I think Adkins is a very smart manager. Last season he got the team doing enough to win games and then snuff them out. We were also playing some good and clever football.

I've not got a season ticket this year but I think we're in for a real treat.

Edit; sorry, took ages to post this - s-clarke's got there ahead of me.

Joking aside DD I was listening to Dave M on Solent and he reckons top 4 if we carry on as we are and spend 5m on a forward and defender!!!

I think the bubble will burst sooner or later but I also think we are 2 players away from a top 6 side.

totally agree..I have no doubt we will go through a lean spell this season where over say...8 games we will pick up few points and lose a few games at home...but that does not matter, we are heading in the right direction.........

No doubt we have at last got a very good manager. Love the undoubtedly good spirit in the club, doesnt seem to be troubled with too big an ego. Very clever the way he keeps making the same key points, particularly, control the controlables. I get a real sense that if we lose its not going to effect the players heads perhaps leading to a run of losing, like in the past. Has definately got more science into the fitness side of things. Felt we were on to a winner when it was obvious the S****horpe fans thought so much of him. With out wanting to be over confident I really feel we are in very good hands. Hes only doing one thing and that is bit by bit, day by day, he is making us better. Exciting times at last!

He took over in September last year and we've lost just ONE league game at home since then. Our record since he's arrived is terrific and I rate him so highly because of the professional way he goes about everything. When he comments on studying previous games and the next opposition, you just know he's done it impeccably. Not afraid to shake it up tactically either and the signings have been sensible. He's probably not as open as we'd like him to be in interviews but I can't remember being this optimistic as a Saints fan for a long, long time - if ever. Even under Pardew I was always a bit unsure.

Bring on what should be a very enjoyable season with a great squad and management from the boardroom down!

All credit to NC for signing him - ie getting him to sign the contract after he had no doubt met him.

But also somewhere deep in the back corridors of SMS I think someone may have also had a hand in helping to sort through all the applications, my guess is Les Read.

But I agree with DD he is the right man at the right time, AP is as gone as Steve Wigley & Gordon Strachan, NA's time is now and I'm luvvin it

All credit to NC for signing him - ie getting him to sign the contract after he had no doubt met him.

But also somewhere deep in the back corridors of SMS I think someone may have also had a hand in helping to sort through all the applications, my guess is Les Read.

But I agree with DD he is the right man at the right time, AP is as gone as Steve Wigley & Gordon Strachan, NA's time is now and I'm luvvin it

An interesting point about Les Reed. The club seem to keep him quite low-profile. When times were not so great there was a lot of vitriol around him and his role, now things seem better I would imagine that some praise will come his way.

He started this off for us, he built this team and put us back on the right track. Although for some reason he couldn't get the consistency right, Adkins has just taken us on another level.

Totally and definitely disagree with this statement. Pards was out of his depth - tactically off the pace and technically too old school. His signings were good but had no idea what on earth to do with them........

Happiest I've been as a saints fan since 2003.

Pretty much sums it up for me. Of course there'll be leaner times than we've experienced in the last 10 or 11 months, but right now it feels brilliant to be a Saints fan. In a way I guess that's amplified by how lean recent times have been - we know to lap this up while it lasts.

Nige is a great fit for where the club is currently at. He's astute and switched on - can even forgive him for his cagey, cliched comments as it often helps our cause. He knows he's doing it, as evidenced by his self-referential refusal to use the phrase "in the building" during recent interviews ;)

I think he is a breath of fresh air...and watching the tail end of last season with the form, resilience and grit the team showed..and now the way we play...

I think I love him (not literally)....what a great guy to be manager..and an articulate and decent bloke to boot by all accounts....

so much for the players not playing for him...he has created what seems to be an atmosphere within the squad that we have not seen for some time (maybe WGS..??)

sure, I do not expect us to stay top and probably will just fall short of the playoffs...but i dont care, we have the right man and playing the right sort of football that would grace an era a long time ago..... top top man is our nige.. :adore:

must be nice to have so many people agreeing with you this time, dell days ...

....for my part ...Nigel Adkins ?...I've run out of superlatives....!!!!!!!!!.

The thing I like about Adkins is the psychological side, both in terms of giving our players confidence and always having a slant on the opposition - the comment re. Chaplow's sending off providing an exciting finale for the Barnsley fans is typical, and he provided a reverse psychology masterclass vs Poyet and Brighton last season. The fact that he has got DC fit and playing so well is also a testament, and another wise old head may be amongst the potental newcomers alongside the youngsters with ability we all crave. My personal take on this league is that we have nothing to fear, so far supposedly a major contender club at home and a very tricky first away fixture - six points and almost total dominance. Who knows how long we can keep up and where we will finish, but I can't think of another side in the league with our strength in depth and I have a gut feeling we may be the surprise package...

No doubt we have at last got a very good manager. Love the undoubtedly good spirit in the club, doesnt seem to be troubled with too big an ego. Very clever the way he keeps making the same key points, particularly, control the controlables. I get a real sense that if we lose its not going to effect the players heads perhaps leading to a run of losing, like in the past. Has definately got more science into the fitness side of things. Felt we were on to a winner when it was obvious the S****horpe fans thought so much of him. With out wanting to be over confident I really feel we are in very good hands. Hes only doing one thing and that is bit by bit, day by day, he is making us better. Exciting times at last!

This

My day was ruined yesterday by the ticket tax.

Not sure what that has to do with NA tho'?

As to NA - was happy when he took over and am even happier now. I think the most damning stat on here was that we have lost one league game at home since his arrival. That IMHO speaks absolute volumes.

Carry on NA your doing a very good job of putting the belief back into SFC and its supporters.

I consider it much too early to proclaim him as a genius. Midway through this season if we are still in a playoff or automatic place, I will be very pleased.

It is way too early at the moment, same as it would be if we had lost our first two.

People aren't assessing him based on just this season though. We've had nearly a year to form an opinion

I consider it much too early to proclaim him as a genius. Midway through this season if we are still in a playoff or automatic place, I will be very pleased.

It is way too early at the moment, same as it would be if we had lost our first two.

in the last 18 games...we have won 16, lost 1 and drew 1..

yes, clearly too early to judge nigel...lol

Just dug up what I wrote last Sep before he came......

"I'll look forward to Adkins if he does finally turn up.

He has a track record of getting out of this league with scant resources and comes across as a decent, intelligent and honorable guy. I really like the sound of him.

To those of you who question whether he is prem material may I remind you that we are in league 1 and will never get to the prem if we don't get out of league 1.

One step at at time please folks."

Yup, still agree with that.

People aren't assessing him based on just this season though. We've had nearly a year to form an opinion

But NOW this season is the only one that matters. We had a vastly superior squad last year, this year it is different and so if we continue to do well then it is clearly a decent achievement which should be applauded.