Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

Saints' record Premier League season, you mean? The level of points over a season we've never seen since 1984?

Yep, sounds as good a reason as any to compare us to Liverpool I suppose.

Saints' record Premier League season achieved with the best team we've had since the 80s. If (a big if!) we could keep the team together we'd only get better. They've now got two years' Premier League experience under their belts. We see more of the ball than any other team in the league. One or two additions and slightly more incisive play and we'd break our record again next year!

Even you're not thick enough to actually believe that nonsense.

Remind me how they got on without him for an extended period at the start of the season.

Liverpool have started well many a year and done f*ck all. The difference this year was Suarez. He is one of the best players in the World.

Liverpool have started well many a year and done f*ck all. The difference this year was Suarez. He is one of the best players in the World.

"Nothing without Suarez".

Brilliant, even by your standards. Truly.

And I don't even like Liverpool! Sometimes you have to take your hat off to mongboard excellence.

That's the thing about the biggest clubs in the world. They always seem to get hold of these really good players. I mean, what's that about?

That's the thing about the biggest clubs in the world. They always seem to get hold of these really good players. I mean, what's that about?

Exactly what Liverpool have to worry about with Suarez. Real Madrid will start laying on the pressure soon.

"Nothing without Suarez".

Brilliant, even by your standards. Truly.

And I don't even like Liverpool! Sometimes you have to take your hat off to mongboard excellence.

31 goals, 12 assists - take that out of any team and they will be effected big time.

If Suarez leaves they won't be top 4 IMO.

This thread seems to have descended into a Liverpool are awesome thread. I don't get it personally. They have had a good season. Last season AVB was being praised as a genius and Brendan Rogers was considered out of his depth. Suarez has a nice big holiday at start of season for first time in a long part of his career and then Liverpool take off. Similarly last years champions start badly and never find any momentum. Things change but the press don't tell the whole story now. Everything in football these days seems to be based on facts around a period of 2/3 months, everything before or beyond is irrelevant BS (save trophies) or daydreaming in the eyes of a lot of fans allowing the media to dictate an immediacy and opinion as they please.

31 goals, 12 assists - take that out of any team and they will be effected big time.

If Suarez leaves they won't be top 4 IMO.

Why would you take 31 goals and 12 assists totally out of the equation? Are you saying Liverpool will sell him and not replace him with anyone?

Why would you take 31 goals and 12 assists totally out of the equation? Are you saying Liverpool will sell him and not replace him with anyone?

Unfortunately just like us replacing Lallana, the chances of getting someone equally good as a like for like replacement is slim.

They will be very lucky to get someone as good.

Do you seriously think beating Stoke, Villa and Man Utd, drawing with Swansea and losing at home to Saints its a great "extended run"?

Mong board at it's finest

:lol: :lol:

Unfortunately just like us replacing Lallana, the chances of getting someone equally good as a like for like replacement is slim.

Like for like will never happen.

But, let's take a random example. Let's say they spend around £12M and get someone like, I don't know, Dan Sturridge. First season, 14 appearances, 10 goals, 4 assists. Second season, 29 appearances, 21 goals.

No player is irreplaceable. Suarez is absolutely top class, but its not as if Liverpool are surrounded by sh*t or couldn't attract the best players in the world. To suggest otherwise would be monumentally stupid.

They beat Stoke, Villa and Man Utd, drew with Swansea and lost at home to Saints before Suarez came back - that's it.

3 wins, a draw and a loss, 10 points from 5 games, 76 over the season using that as your mean, They'd still have finished 4th based on that. " That's it"Not quite slumping back to 7th or 8th like some claimed.

Edited by Turkish

They will be very lucky to get someone as good.

Do you seriously think beating Stoke, Villa and Man Utd, drawing with Swansea and losing at home to Saints its a great "extended run"?

Mong board at it's finest

:lol: :lol:

Good smilies, but you sidestepped the actual question there.

Good smilies, but you sidestepped the actual question there.

Can you not read, I said they probably wouldn't get anyone as good as Suarez if they sold him. Liverpool have been spending fortunes for years without challenging.

Lose Suarez and I would probably have them down for 5th next year.

3 wins, a draw and a loss, 10 points from 5 games, 76 over the season using that as your mean, They'd still have finished 4th based on that. " That's it"Not quite slumping back to 7th or 8th like some claimed.

Two can play that game: 5 goals in 5 games without Suarez. 38 goals over the season. That's less than Fulham who finished 19th.

Like for like will never happen.

But, let's take a random example. Let's say they spend around £12M and get someone like, I don't know, Dan Sturridge. First season, 14 appearances, 10 goals, 4 assists. Second season, 29 appearances, 21 goals.

No player is irreplaceable. Suarez is absolutely top class, but its not as if Liverpool are surrounded by sh*t or couldn't attract the best players in the world. To suggest otherwise would be monumentally stupid.

True but 31 goals and 12 assists isn't something that Liverpool are very likely to be able to get from someone first season as even players of this calibre don't tend to hit the ground running. Not disagreeing with your sentiment that everyone is replaceable, but I have to agree with poster that said losing Suarez would very probably seriously affect Liverpool next season especially with Champions league games on top of season. Although Chelsea have proven to do really well this season without a solo super striker like Suarez leading them so as long as Liverpool focus on their defence problems they could do okay.

They beat Stoke, Villa and Man Utd, drew with Swansea and lost at home to Saints before Suarez came back - that's it.

Fair enough if that's what it was. Wouldn't have got them CL if replicated over a season. But hardly a one man team is it.

Fair enough if that's what it was. Wouldn't have got them CL if replicated over a season. But hardly a one man team is it.

It would have actually. They had have finished 4th if they'd have averaged 3 wins and a draw or two points per game in 5 games over a season.

Next thing you'll be claiming that if only we hadn't suffered injuries and had maintained our early season form, we'd be in the CL.

:lol:

Can you not read, I said they probably wouldn't get anyone as good as Suarez if they sold him. Liverpool have been spending fortunes for years without challenging.

Lose Suarez and I would probably have them down for 5th next year.

You accuse me of not being able to read, yet you couldn't even take in my post from just a few above that. I shouldn't be surprised, given your history of proving how utterly incapable of basic comprehension you are. Just for you, I'll copy and paste it from a few posts above:

"Like for like will never happen.

Carry on though, you're doing really well.

:o

I dunno, 33 games, 31 goals, 12 assists. If ever there was a team reliant on one player it was Liverpool this season.

Next thing you'll be claiming that if only we hadn't suffered injuries and had maintained our early season form, we'd be in the CL.

:lol:

Not really it was aintforver who was saying they are so much worse without Surez and used those games as evidence, I've proven that in those games they weren't, not sure why you're reverting to type with your strawmans arguements. Keep up dicksplash. :lol::lol:

Not really it was aintforver who was saying they are so much worse without Surez and used those games as evidence, I've proven that in those games they weren't, not sure why you're reverting to type with your strawmans arguements. Keep up dicksplash. :lol::lol:

Those four results were a decent start but narrowly beating Stoke, Villa and a poor Man Utd side, drawing with Swansea and losing at home to Saints does not exactly mean you are going to challenge for the title.

It's your bum-boy Kraken who said their "extended run" at the start of the season was evidence of how they wouldn't miss Suarez.

I dunno, 33 games, 31 goals, 12 assists. If ever there was a team reliant on one player it was Liverpool this season.

Suarez: 33 games, 31 goals, 12 assists.

Sturridge: 29 games, 21 goals, 7 assists.

The very definition of a total reliance on one player, if ever I saw one. Don't you think?

I agree that they were heavily reliant on one player, who wouldn't agree. That's not to say they'd be nothing without him. Interesting to consider what Saints might have achieved with a Suarez.

So what? They still averaged 2 points a game in that period.

The point being that they weren't very potent during those games. The original point was that they did pretty well without Suarez. It was more like they scraped by.

They also saved a penalty in the last minute against Stoke during those games. If that'd gone in they would have had the same points as Saints after five games.