Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

ory Smith is the best football writer in the country and he's nailed it there, as he does in everything he writes.

A great read and very fair-minded. Should remind everyone that nothing is done and we only have hunches to rely on as a guide.

Completely agree. There is an example of fact based journalism at its best.

Saw this MSN article about Brendan Rodgers talking about his plans for next seasons Liverpool squad

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/rodgers-wants-to-increase-options

Interesting thing for me was this bit

He has already targeted Southampton and England midfielder Adam Lallana as a priority and he is interested in Sevilla's Europa League-winning left-back Alberto Moreno.

Liverpool banked over £97million from the Premier League prize fund and television money this season and Rodgers could have between £40million to £60million at his disposal in the summer if he offloads a few unwanted players.

So Liverpool have 40-60 million if they off load players and they need IMO several players to strengthen for the CL. Of course we don't know how much saints value Adam at but it seems to me that 20-25 million for Adam (which most saints fans think he is worth) would be an awful big chunk of their budget especially if they looking to strengthen their squad depth. A Small part of me has hope that Adam might be to expensive for them....

Saw this MSN article about Brendan Rodgers talking about his plans for next seasons Liverpool squad

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/rodgers-wants-to-increase-options

Interesting thing for me was this bit

He has already targeted Southampton and England midfielder Adam Lallana as a priority and he is interested in Sevilla's Europa League-winning left-back Alberto Moreno.

Liverpool banked over £97million from the Premier League prize fund and television money this season and Rodgers could have between £40million to £60million at his disposal in the summer if he offloads a few unwanted players.

So Liverpool have 40-60 million if they off load players and they need IMO several players to strengthen for the CL. Of course we don't know how much saints value Adam at but it seems to me that 20-25 million for Adam (which most saints fans think he is worth) would be an awful big chunk of their budget especially if they looking to strengthen their squad depth. A Small part of me has hope that Adam might be to expensive for them....

He ****ing should be too expensive for them, cheeky bastards. Saints captain and player of the year, young, english, now about to start for England. Any other club and you'd expect to pay upwards of 30 million for a player like that, easy.

He ****ing should be too expensive for them, cheeky bastards. Saints captain and player of the year, young, english, now about to start for England. Any other club and you'd expect to pay upwards of 30 million for a player like that, easy.

That's what I'm thinking if the club see it the same way will Liverpool be prepared to spunk at least 50% if not more of their summer budget on one player?..........I'm hoping not

Yep, especially considering the sell on clause and fact he's got 4 years contract left. If they've only got 40-60mill to spend in total then they can't sensibly afford to spend 30+mill on Lallana, so shouldn't get him.

Yep, especially considering the sell on clause and fact he's got 4 years contract left. If they've only got 40-60mill to spend in total then they can't sensibly afford to spend 30+mill on Lallana, so shouldn't get him.

Forgot to mention the 4 YEAR BASTARD CONTRACT!!!

Winds me up just a little bit.

Indeed, I'd be expecting in region of 35m, not the joke sums being banded about.

Indeed, I'd be expecting in region of 35m, not the joke sums being banded about.

Lallana is not worth 35 million, he's probably worth the 20 or so million that they been offering. Do not forget they paid 23 million for Suarez, 8 million for Coutinho.....if they can't get Lallana for the price they want they'll look elsewhere.

Lallana is not worth 35 million, he's probably worth the 20 or so million that they been offering. Do not forget they paid 23 million for Suarez, 8 million for Coutinho.....if they can't get Lallana for the price they want they'll look elsewhere.

Man utd paid £28m for Fellaini. He wasn't an England international which adds a considerable premium. Arsenal bid 40m for Suarez last summer and Liverpool outright rejected it despite there being a release clause. 20m is joke figure that would imply to other clubs that we like being shafted.

that's how i think it will go down windows, liverpool will only offer fair price & i see no reason why we ought to be accepting fair prices.

Pretty much this. We've no reason to sell so should only be considering stupid offers, which 20/25mill isn't. Stupid money is the kind of money paid for Carroll and Milner.

that's how i think it will go down windows, liverpool will only offer fair price & i see no reason why we ought to be accepting fair prices.

The fair price with what's owing to bournemouth will leave us on the iffy side of the ledger. For what his worth really we'll be left with less than 15 million so we might as well keep the bloke if Liverpool (or anyone else) won't really push the boat out. Shaw I really really want to sell, we can get as good for a quarter of the ridiculous sum being bandied about. At his age inconsistency is as predictable as gravity. Little scrubber gives him the heave, he'll be off his game for weeks.

Then he hands in a transfer request and we have to sell for a knock down price, IF (and it's a big if), the rumours are true and Adam is at least considering his options we'll just aggravate him if we set unrealistic terms.

Didn't exactly do Liverpool any harm when the likes of Arsenal and Real Madrid were sniffing about for Suarez last summer did it? Adam's got 4 years remaining on his contract at Southampton. He will have to accept it if Liverpool don't want to pay over the odds.

Man utd paid £28m for Fellaini. He wasn't an England international which adds a considerable premium. Arsenal bid 40m for Suarez last summer and Liverpool outright rejected it despite there being a release clause. 20m is joke figure that would imply to other clubs that we like being shafted.

Man Utd had a very foolish manager who was obsessed with a lucky charm player. In fact Fellaini is just the illustration needed to show that a player who looks good in one system might not be in another. Lallana is not worth more than Liverpool are offering.

A player might look brilliant because what's about him allows him to. Take Schneiderlin away from Saints and you'll see some very different performances from some players.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Man Utd had a very foolish manager who was obsessed with a lucky charm player. In fact Fellaini is just the illustration needed to show that a player who looks good in one system might not be in another. Lallana is not worth more than Liverpool are offering.

Do we actually know what Liverpool are offering?

The fair price with what's owing to bournemouth will leave us on the iffy side of the ledger. For what his worth really we'll be left with less than 15 million so we might as well keep the bloke if Liverpool (or anyone else) won't really push the boat out. Shaw I really really want to sell, we can get as good for a quarter of the ridiculous sum being bandied about. At his age inconsistency is as predictable as gravity. Little scrubber gives him the heave, he'll be off his game for weeks.

Are you Ok Windows - you've been posting all kinds of nonsense today. A lifetime of poppers-fueled menage a trois catching up with you? :rolleyes:

Are you Ok Windows - you've been posting all kinds of nonsense today. A lifetime of poppers-fueled menage a trois catching up with you? :rolleyes:

No I'm just not a very big Lallana fan, he's an alright player but to me nothing very exceptional. Shaw I'd certainly take what's on offer. Seriously he isn't worth what they're said to be offering. We need to cash in now or we'll regret it later. I must be the only one, then again I've had a few lessons at the J-M Aulas scool of football economics.

Suarez isn't worth the 70m amount being banded about, bale wasn't worth the fee spurs extracted from Real Madrid. However when the selling club has no need to sell and no desire to sell the fees get inflated. If Liverpool want lallana they'll have to pay over the odds just as Real Madrid will have to do if they want Suarez. I don't think they should be allowed to bully us into taking a considerably lower figure.

Suarez isn't worth the 70m amount being banded about, bale wasn't worth the fee spurs extracted from Real Madrid. However when the selling club has no need to sell and no desire to sell the fees get inflated. If Liverpool want lallana they'll have to pay over the odds just as Real Madrid will have to do if they want Suarez. I don't think they should be allowed to bully us into taking a considerably lower figure.

Indeed, I just don't think they'll go much higher actually. Not for Lallana. He's best off with us. Thought that was what I said.

Indeed, I just don't think they'll go much higher actually. Not for Lallana. He's best off with us. Thought that was what I said.

Of course, what's best for us isn't necessarily best for the player - arguably we have a better chance of keeping Shaw who has time on his side than Lallana for whom at the age of 26, its now or never for CL and the supposed footballing high life.

I personally think Lallana has looked so good this season because he's had JRod and Rickie alongside him. Seeing as we're more than likely keeping Rickie, and because of his injury JRod too, makes me wonder whether it'll sway his decision to stay put.

They always look so happy playing together. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

The extra TV money will result in a jump in transfer fees. While £20m might have seemed appropriate over the past few seasons this year everyone has more to spend. Nothing shy of £30m should be given any consideration.

Shaw I really really want to sell, we can get as good for a quarter of the ridiculous sum being bandied about. At his age inconsistency is as predictable as gravity. Little scrubber gives him the heave, he'll be off his game for weeks.

The £27m for Shaw is a crazy figure. Way, way too low.

Who on earth if this equally good player for a a quarter of that price, sign him up now.

Has anyone on this site watched Liverpool?

Does anyone who has think they need a creative midfielder?

I don't. All bias aside, buying Lallana would be an attempt by Liverpool/Rodgers to appeal to fans populism rather than address the reason they didn't win the league.

This whole transfer thing is bonkers.

Liverpool need new FULL BACKS - both of theirs are woeful.

United need a creative midfielder...

These bids seem to be either from the wrong club or for the wrong players...

I personally think Lallana has looked so good this season because he's had JRod and Rickie alongside him. Seeing as we're more than likely keeping Rickie, and because of his injury JRod too, makes me wonder whether it'll sway his decision to stay put.

They always look so happy playing together. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

Part of the reason he has looked so good is we have played him in his best position, in the hole and allowed to roam free. When forced to track up and down at left midfield his weaknesses, a lack of blistering pace, were exposed. I remember him playing in thehole against Reading away many years ago he was outstanding. I could never understand why he wasn't played thee much afterwards. I guess you need to have the right players around him to play that system.

We would laugh all day at other clubs' fans if they were having chats like this.

£20-25m is good money for Lallana. We shouldn't sell him for that little, but that doesn't make the offer derisory.

Regarding Liverpool's needs, what they require is depth. Defence is the obvious problem area in the first XI, and I'm sure that will be addressed, but top European teams need a choice of quality players in every position. Adding Lallana to Coutinho, Sterling and Henderson would provide them with that.

Edited by DuncanRG

I don't. All bias aside, buying Lallana would be an attempt by Liverpool/Rodgers to appeal to fans populism rather than address the reason they didn't win the league.

I think we need Lallana more than any of the top four sides. I agree Liverrpool need full backs. All the big sides could upgrade. Surprised they aren't all fighting each other to the death for Shaw. He's a serious upgrade for all of them Man City included.

We would laugh all day at other clubs' fans if they were having chats like this.

£20-25m is good money for Lallana. We shouldn't sell him for that little, but that doesn't make the offer derisory.

Good point. How much did Cabye go for? £19m was it? The huge rise in TV money changes the valuations on players.

???

The last thing united need are creative midfielders - Mata, Kagawa, Januzaj, even Rooney. If they need attackers, its pace on the wing where Nani, Zaha, Young, Valencia are out of favour.

Liverpool need to strengthen their defense, though Lallana gives them a willingness to track back and press from the front -defensive responsibilities that some of their other attackers have shirked. Lallana is also more consistent than Coutinho.

I think we need Lallana more than any of the top four sides. I agree Liverrpool need full backs. All the big sides could upgrade. Surprised they aren't all fighting each other to the death for Shaw. He's a serious upgrade for all of them Man City included.

they are not fighting it out for shaw as only this place thinks £27m is an insult

Maybe they've all bought into the media rubbish that he can't defend.

The £27m for Shaw is a crazy figure. Way, way too low.

Who on earth if this equally good player for a a quarter of that price, sign him up now.

There's fine line with buying the right player should the need to replace Shaw arise. For instance at Arsenal, they signed Andre Santos for 7 million, and for a similar price had to buy Monreal to replace him.

Good replacements are out there for Shaw though, which is why, as long as the price is right, I'm not too concerned with seeing him go. (As long as it's after the World Cup) Lallana though will be very difficult to replace satisfactorily, and given his longevity at the club already, I really want to see him stay.

There's fine line with buying the right player should the need to replace Shaw arise. For instance at Arsenal, they signed Andre Santos for 7 million, and for a similar price had to buy Monreal to replace him.

Good replacements are out there for Shaw though, which is why, as long as the price is right, I'm not too concerned with seeing him go. (As long as it's after the World Cup) Lallana though will be very difficult to replace satisfactorily, and given his longevity at the club already, I really want to see him stay.

So since Cliche left Arsenal have twice failed to find a half decent left back. Not easy finding good players, so when you have a sure thing you don't let them go on the cheap. The best play in his position in the league is worth more than £27m. If we sell Shaw we will us suffer as a side massively. He is our whole left side.

Zaha cost 10 million, he'd probably be wowing them at Old Traff if he hadn't been caught sh*gging Moyes daughter.

10 rising to 15 based on performances. I suspect Moyes wasn't giving him 10 out of 10 though. They got £1.5m back for his loan to Cardiff. I wouldn't mind him at our place on what I have seen of him live, but he seems to be a real risk.

10 rising to 15 based on performances. I suspect Moyes wasn't giving him 10 out of 10 though. They got £1.5m back for his loan to Cardiff. I wouldn't mind him at our place on what I have seen of him live, but he seems to be a real risk.

He was also 19 (20?) when he transferred so a premium was payed for potential. Whoever bids for Adz is not paying for potential.

Shaw I really really want to sell, we can get as good for a quarter of the ridiculous sum being bandied about. At his age inconsistency is as predictable as gravity. Little scrubber gives him the heave, he'll be off his game for weeks.

Utter tosh. The kid is sheer quality.

Baines is 29, don't be silly

Not sure Azpilicueta is worth £27m either

Watch Baines get skinned alive at the World Cup. He is too slow. Decent with the ball, but I think he's had an average season compared to last year. He was poor at SMS. I'd of taken Cole and Shaw to the World Cup.

As for Azpilicueta, he's a decent right back, not outstanding, but solid. At left back he's painfully limited. I don't think I saw him cross the half way line, which may be more about tactics than I care to admit, but he looked uncomfortable there in games I saw him. Not a chance I'd swap Shaw for him. No chance. You seriously underestimate how good Shaw is IMO. But I guess the game is all about opinions. I thought and said at the time that we undersold, Bridge, Bale, Jones and Chamberlain.