Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

So if we play down his talents and say he's actually crap, maybe Liverpool won't want him!

:-)

Seriously of the three Englanders going to the WC, it's Adam's value that will rise during the tournament. Selling him before hand would be nuts, I can see why Liverpool are desperate to conclude the transfer ASAP. If we have to sell him, the fair enough, but I hope our club's powers that be can hold off until at least England are knocked out.

most of them are never quoted at all, it's just round numbers bandied about by fans and journalists. But VAT is definitely payable on transfers of footballers.

Unless you're Portsmouth FC (or whatever they were called). As I remember it they collected VAT when they sold but never handed any of it over to HMRC, arguing that it wasn't liable or something.

So if we play down his talents and say he's actually crap, maybe Liverpool won't want him!

:-)

Seriously of the three Englanders going to the WC, it's Adam's value that will rise during the tournament. Selling him before hand would be nuts, I can see why Liverpool are desperate to conclude the transfer ASAP. If we have to sell him, the fair enough, but I hope our club's powers that be can hold off until at least England are knocked out.

Yes indeed. A good World Cup and his price could double.

Anyone got any hibernation pills? I feel like going to sleep and waking up again in August.

Same here.

What I hate is that I can check this site every day for Jebus knows how long and there is nothing to see except idle speculation and a load of wumming (Somewhat less of that all of a sudden ;)).....Then one day, Bang! An official announcement, and my whole summer goes pear shaped.

I think this will be the longest summer ever as a Saints supporter.

Same here.

What I hate is that I can check this site every day for Jebus knows how long and there is nothing to see except idle speculation and a load of wumming (Somewhat less of that all of a sudden ;)).....Then one day, Bang! An official announcement, and my whole summer goes pear shaped.

I've also noticed a drop in WUMing levels too. Its almost pleasant on here again :)

Same here.

I'd take this one over the summer we were in administration. Markus Liebherr made that a great summer in the end, but from the moment we were put into administration until the start of July when he bought us, we faced a horrible uncertain future, and even then we had to start on -10 points in League One. At least we'll start next season on a level playing field, will still have a good set of players, and will hopefully have even strengthened sufficiently in time for the new season. (Or preferrably in time for pre-season training, although we all know we don't rush summer transfers!) I agree though that this summer will probably push that a close second.

The other summer I remember is the one McMenemy and Souness walked out, although if memory serves we signed Kevin Davies quite early on that summer and the Dave Jones appointment didn't take long.

Unless you're Portsmouth FC (or whatever they were called). As I remember it they collected VAT when they sold but never handed any of it over to HMRC, arguing that it wasn't liable or something.

Band of Shysters.....they should all be locked up now, instead they're all out there doing it all over again. If you or I ran a business and didn't pay our VAT we'd be in sh*t street, PFC not so much, probably because some idiot in a government department considers ongoing football on Portsea Island to be therapeutic for the mentally and socially challenged. We've one in France like that,Justice Minister, doesn't agree with locking up criminals, it's more therapeutic for them to be allowed to roam the streets and start offending all over again.

[h=3]LATEST GOSSIP[/h]Liverpool have moved ahead of Manchester United in the race to sign 22-year-old Portugal and Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho, who has a £37m release clause in his contract.

Full story: Daily Star

On the BBC live sports feed. Their back up plan in case they don't get Lallana? Or a different player altogether? I'm sure one of you knows!

LATEST GOSSIP

Liverpool have moved ahead of Manchester United in the race to sign 22-year-old Portugal and Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho, who has a £37m release clause in his contract.

Full story: Daily Star

On the BBC live sports feed. Their back up plan in case they don't get Lallana? Or a different player altogether? I'm sure one of you knows!

If you read the piece in the Star it implies he's a defensive midfielder.

If you read the piece in the Star it implies he's a defensive midfielder.

Just looked on the gospel that is Wikipedia. Apparently he's scored 300 goals in 48 appearances. That's quite a goal tally! :-)

They seem to have a lot of money to throw around this summer. After the season they've just had, it's understandable, but I can't help thinking they should concentrate on their defence rather than throwing money at attacking talent like Lallana.

Just looked on the gospel that is Wikipedia. Apparently he's scored 300 goals in 48 appearances. That's quite a goal tally! :-)

They seem to have a lot of money to throw around this summer. After the season they've just had, it's understandable, but I can't help thinking they should concentrate on their defence rather than throwing money at attacking talent like Lallana.

you can never have too many attacking talents. Having said that I just can't see City, United, Chelsea or Arsenal signing him as they have lots tricky of `in the hole' type midfielders, so Liverpool is the natural fit for Lallana, apart from staying with is and becoming MLT mark II.

I'd take this one over the summer we were in administration. Markus Liebherr made that a great summer in the end, but from the moment we were put into administration until the start of July when he bought us, we faced a horrible uncertain future, and even then we had to start on -10 points in League One. At least we'll start next season on a level playing field, will still have a good set of players, and will hopefully have even strengthened sufficiently in time for the new season. (Or preferrably in time for pre-season training, although we all know we don't rush summer transfers!) I agree though that this summer will probably push that a close second.

The other summer I remember is the one McMenemy and Souness walked out, although if memory serves we signed Kevin Davies quite early on that summer and the Dave Jones appointment didn't take long.

I share a lot of my DNA with that of a goldfish. Particularly, the DNA responsible for memory and attention span. ;)

To make him our highest earner maybe?

I hope the news is true but I doubt it.

He just strikes me as the sort to not demand more money.his latest interviews all talk about competing for prem title,that wont ever be us so only see one outcome

He just strikes me as the sort to not demand more money.his latest interviews all talk about competing for prem title,that wont ever be us so only see one outcome

If he were to sign a new contract it might not be that he's demanded money, just that the club has offered it along with other terms to suit his plans. E.g. a reasonable release clause if a Champions League/title-winning club inquire after a certain date, freedom to leave if Saints fail to achieve x, y and z. You don't have to be a greedy mercenary for money to help make your decision. It's certainly not greedy to ask whether your current club value you as highly as your suitors.

But anyway, this claim about a contract has nothing to back it up yet.

He has a 4 year deal why does he need to sign another?

Because his value to the club has risen massively, added to that the tv money has risen a lot. New contracts will reflect that.

I called for the stars to be given new deals when this speculation ramped up a couple of weeks ago.

Its the way to stop the speculation, if only for the first season of the deal!

Lallana will sign a new improved contract with Saints this coming week a source from the club has revealed.

This would be absolutely huge news. Lallana would officially become a legend of MLT proportions.

Hope it's true.

Lallana will sign a new improved contract with Saints this coming week a source from the club has revealed.

This will go viral on twitter. No idea if it's true. But ends the day nicely. Cheers.

I was out with his Dad tonight and there was no mention of that, but then there was no mention of him going anywhere either. I think the whole family have only one thing on their mind at the moment - the World Cup......and why not!

I was out with his Dad tonight and there was no mention of that, but then there was no mention of him going anywhere either. I think the whole family have only one thing on their mind at the moment - the World Cup......and why not!

you were out with his dad and that's all you got, nothing. right ok

you were out with his dad and that's all you got, nothing. right ok

Well sorry to disappoint you, but there really isn't anything to say. The club probably don't give minute by minute updates to players parents regarding transfer news, and nor do their sons for that matter. Besides, despite the fact that he is pretty open and happy to talk about Adam, I really don't feel comfortable about taking advantage and grilling him.

If you can't reveal your source then fair enough although it would be nice to know some details about them I.e. Another player, coach, director, taxi driver etc

I would also say if not true you should be banned from the forum for giving us all false hope. Will you agree to that or are you honest enough to admit its bull**** now?

I do hope you are right btw just can't see it.

If you can't reveal your source then fair enough although it would be nice to know some details about them I.e. Another player, coach, director, taxi driver etc

I would also say if not true you should be banned from the forum for giving us all false hope. Will you agree to that or are you honest enough to admit its bull**** now?

I do hope you are right btw just can't see it.

Don't claim to be ITK. Just repeating something I was told. I have no means to verify the info and I will be as gutted as the next man if it's not true. Time will tell I guess. Last comment on the matter and really consider this...why is my 'statement' any different to the garbage spouted in the press?

The Guardian are saying Lallana might have to ask to leave :

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/13/adam-lallana-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-southampton

With all this speculation who knows what to believe. Would he do this ?!

If I said Saint Beer will need to buy a lottery ticket to win the lottery this Saturday I would be factually correct. Doesn't mean that you would buy one or indeed that your numbers would come up. It would be pure supposition and speculation on my part. If you see any report in the press without a quote from at least one of the parties, you should basically disregard it.

Don't claim to be ITK. Just repeating something I was told. I have no means to verify the info and I will be as gutted as the next man if it's not true. Time will tell I guess. Last comment on the matter and really consider this...why is my 'statement' any different to the garbage spouted in the press?

If I said Saint Beer will need to buy a lottery ticket to win the lottery this Saturday I would be factually correct. Doesn't mean that you would buy one or indeed that your numbers would come up. It would be pure supposition and speculation on my part. If you see any report in the press without a quote from at least one of the parties, you should basically disregard it.

Its cringeworthy watching this WUM troll backtracking, at least Barry Sanchez held his ground (RIP).

The Guardian are saying Lallana might have to ask to leave :

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/13/adam-lallana-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-southampton

With all this speculation who knows what to believe. Would he do this ?!

I do like that tone of articles i've seen today has shifted to us not wanting to sell. Still think the amounts being talked about for a likely attacking england starter at the peak of his career are insulting. £20M is a joke, add another 15M at least to that.