Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

I actually agree with you Alpine.

I am not having a reactionary response, however I regretfully have little faith in Krueger and the boards future plans. I have been sitting back trying to take in all the OFFICIAL information we are fed. This is not based on anything ITK, purely my interpretation.

My career background has fortunately enabled me to see the wood from the trees amongst a world full of PR curve balls and ulterior motives.

I believe the club has completely underestimated how close we are to really kicking on to create a legacy for this club with what I believe is our golden generation spanning the last few years. Perhaps this is where the lack of football experience among our executive board members will come into play. There's only so many times Les and MoPo can say otherwise...arguably the reason for Poch lack of long term commitment?!

Personally I couldn't care less if the club brings back the stripes etc, however it is exactly this move that the club are being over reliant on to appease fans for the impending 'stabilisation' period.

I genuinely hope I am proved very wrong but I suspect I wont be.

Great post. I want to see action, not words, and the way the board are responding to the first few challenges does not inspire me with confidence. They just want to blow smoke up our rear passages until the ST money has been counted.

Not a queue, no.

But we are a great club on paper and an attractive proposition to anyone already looking for a club to bring to such levels.

Why did a sheik want Man City, FFS ? What did they have going for them back then ?

So you think there is a sheikh out there that wants to invest in us the way the other lot have done with Man City? How many instances like that do you think there are?

Not a queue, no.

But we are a great club on paper and an attractive proposition to anyone already looking for a club to bring to such levels.

Why did a sheik want Man City, FFS ? What did they have going for them back then ?

Huge fan base, historically a bigger club than the red side of the city, an easy to improve infrastructure..... yeah sod all really.

I am not having a reactionary response, however I regretfully have little faith in Krueger and the boards future plans. I have been sitting back trying to take in all the OFFICIAL information we are fed. This is not based on anything ITK, purely my interpretation.

My career background has fortunately enabled me to see the wood from the trees amongst a world full of PR curve balls and ulterior motives.

I believe the club has completely underestimated how close we are to really kicking on to create a legacy for this club with what I believe is our golden generation spanning the last few years. Perhaps this is where the lack of football experience among our executive board members will come into play. There's only so many times Les and MoPo can say otherwise...arguably the reason for Poch lack of long term commitment?!

Personally I couldn't care less if the club brings back the stripes etc, however it is exactly this move that the club are being over reliant on to appease fans for the impending 'stabilisation' period.

This sums up how I feel. Especially the part about Krueger. I thought his refreshing, communicative style was a sign of the new boards transparency. Regrettably I now think it was simply a case of the axeman smiling with compassion to relieve some of the blood-letting we are now about to suffer.

You have to say he has done his job very well. The first signals for me were when he talked about how his arrival at the club was 'masterminded' in the media. His comments to the Canadian football show about "throwing the notion out there" regarding his involvement. He then mentioned "throwing out there his background and the Canadian hockey success at the Olympics" being a good thing media wise. All comments leading to a softening of the fan-base.

No-one is blaming the lad. At all. If he goes, we will all wish him well.

I blame the lack of ambition in the board and owner. Maybe she should have flogged us to someone interested enough to keep the momentum going.

I understand Adam to Liverpool more than Shaw to Manyoo, who have no manager and no European football to tempt him with. I just hope Adam doesnt get splinters in his bum from sitting on the bench

Completely agree it's being g run as a business now it seems through Katrina and not a hobby. Gutted really the Dream is over

That Katrina is a right selfish *****, why run it as a business? She should use all her money to get us in the champions league.

Come on. No-one is saying that. But maybe a little bit of self-appraisal should indicate she is not capable/willing to see this project through to the logical conclusion her father and NC envisioned, and maybe she and her people might be able to find someone who can.

Southampton players take note....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9308503/transfer-news-borussia-dortmunds-marco-reus-rules-out-move-this-summer

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9308458/transfer-news-julian-draxler-wants-to-stay-at-schalke

Both these players have been consistently linked with big moves to the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal in recent weeks/months. If LS and AL really wanted/intended to stay its very easy to clarify the situation. They have had ample opportunity to put the rumours to bed and haven't, when realistically the unsettling impact it is having on the club warrants such a commitment.

I sort of agree with you but....what if he has a JayRod type injury?

Adam is at his highest peak now...the club is desperate for funds can they take the chance?

We are nowhere near having the investment needed to kick on - so just maybe we have to accept

that the player wants to go and now is the right time - no way under 30m though for either him or Shaw

You mean an injury where he'll be out for a bit and still be fine afterwards, as it's 2014 and they can pretty much fix anything now with enough money? Actual career-ending injuries nowadays are incredibly rare and shouldn't have any influence on any of these kind of decisions, especially given wages earned and the pension plans available - the career-ender list pretty much ends with Fabrice Muamba and Stuart Holden in the past 5 years or so (wow, Bolton were unlucky).

You mean an injury where he'll be out for a bit and still be fine afterwards, as it's 2014 and they can pretty much fix anything now with enough money? Actual career-ending injuries nowadays are incredibly rare and shouldn't have any influence on any of these kind of decisions, especially given wages earned and the pension plans available - the career-ender list pretty much ends with Fabrice Muamba and Stuart Holden in the past 5 years or so (wow, Bolton were unlucky).

Really...Dean Ashton? Injured playing for England. Owen Hargreaves never had injuries that stopped him playing properly again.Alf Inge-haland, David Busst . Does the insurance actually cover the players transfer value - perhaps they need Gap Insurance.

We'll see though there are quite a few people who've swallowed his words hook, line and sinker.

Sadly, every player has his price, it's the club's responsibility to get a fair market rate ( £35M ? ). It would be a shame if / when Adam leaves, but he's in his prime, going to the WC, and now looks to have the promise of CL football next season, ( and possibly beyond ). Maybe we can nick an idea from the Phew and add a clause that we get an additional £10M when L'pool win the league with AL in their squad.

I know with us never or unlikely to offer Champions League football, players like Adam will want to move on, but the gap between the top echelons of the Premiership and the rest will just grow, while they cream off the rest of the leagues talent.

It's a vicious cycle, its a shame 4 clubs qualify - if it had stayed at one players might have been more inclined to stay

This sums up how I feel. Especially the part about Krueger. I thought his refreshing, communicative style was a sign of the new boards transparency. Regrettably I now think it was simply a case of the axeman smiling with compassion to relieve some of the blood-letting we are now about to suffer.

You have to say he has done his job very well. The first signals for me were when he talked about how his arrival at the club was 'masterminded' in the media. His comments to the Canadian football show about "throwing the notion out there" regarding his involvement. He then mentioned "throwing out there his background and the Canadian hockey success at the Olympics" being a good thing media wise. All comments leading to a softening of the fan-base.

Good post with regard to how Krueger's appointment was stage-managed in the press. The board have obviously been very keen to manage fans expectations throughout the process, and RK, in particular, seems a little bit preoccupied with how his success at Sochi supposedly won us and the media around (as well as how those 51 stitches in his face make him seem well 'ard). Honesty, openness, and transparency? Maybe more of it - sometimes needlessly so - but there is still a PR machine whirring away.

A few things have alarmed me:

1) Ralph came across well in his first couple of interviews, and is obviously engaging and likeable, but there is a striking lack of substance in anything he says. He talked about being recruited because of his experience in 'developing new models of leadership', but has yet to demonstrate anything remotely resembling leadership in his efforts to retain Poch. Although he mentioned that talks about extending his contract were evolving organically in his first interview, since then, the talk has shifted to Les Reed being in charge of contract negotiations and sitting down at the end of the season to discuss. Poch, in the meantime, has been worryingly off-message, telling the press that nothing has been discussed with him regards a new contract. What is going on and who is in charge?

2) What is his long-term plan? Is he a careerist looking to add an impressive bullet-point to his CV, or is he genuinely interested in establishing himself as a football chairman and overseeing a period of success? He has said that he will be here next season but beyond that he does not know whether he will return to hockey. Perhaps he is saying that to appease hockey fans over in Canada, but it is the type of statement that is hardly going to suggest to Poch that we have a long-term 'project' in place that he is committed to seeing through. Given the close bond between Poch and NC - Poch actually blubbed when Nicola left - this new transient dynamic doesn't inspire confidence.

3) RK spoke yesterday of 'Les having a plan' - nothing about the plan or the ambitions of the club in general. This seems like a worrying devolution of responsibility to me. Surely he and KL should be intimately connected with whatever decision is being made about players coming and going? Yes, it's great to call upon Reed's expertise but surely the whole club should be being mobilized to support a more positive and assertive message, and not the pathetically passive admission that we will be talking to clubs about selling players from 8am Monday morning. When he spoke about LR having a list of targets this came across as almost an afterthought. We were then told that we should be excited about the upcoming transfer window. Good luck with that.

4) Given the amount of speculation that has been unleashed on the back of the release of the financial results, and Hans Hofstetter's admission that the board have inherited a 'difficult financial situation', is there a risk that the new onus on openness and communication is actually proving rather counter-productive? There is a fine line between being honest with fans and serving the best interests of the club. While I appreciate that the finances might dictate a tightening of the belts off the pitch, there is a way to voice that without willingly summoning the circling vultures. In trying to distance themselves from the reign of Nicola, I wonder whether they have either grossly underestimated the speculative forces of the British football media and Cortese's pettiness, or were just actively seeking the cash all along.

Edited by Toon Saint

It's hardly a surprise after all the stage-managed leaks that Liverpool have reportedly made a bid. That does not necessarily mean that .saints will accept it, even if Adam is interested.

when you look at the fees paid for the likes of Fellaini, Mata, and just about any unpronounceable foreigner at Chelsea, the price for one of of the top attacking players in one of the top leagues in the world should be close to £40 million, especially when you remember that Adam would be a 'home grown' member of a squad. I haven't seen the £20 million figure that others in this thread seem to have picked up on, but if that is the bid, it is too low. Have Liverpool got enough cash to afford him - unless they sell Suarez of course?

in any event I would be gutted to see AL go. He is "our" players in a way that few others are. We've been through the tough times and the good times together. If he wants to go, then so be it, but it would be a shattering blow to the morale of the club ... players, manager, and supporters.

I fully understand why AL would love to move to Liverpool - I would do the exact same if I was him.

However why can't he and the clubs just sign an agreement saying he will sign permanently after the WC.

Saints need the worldwide publicity - Liverpool don't need it as much as they are already very well known.

I do worry that yet again when Saints have a chance in a lifetime to go one step further the people in charge

are not of a good enough standard to understand how to do so.

Edited by Saint in Paradise

What's frustrating is RK's poor handling of this. 2-3 of those players, including Shaw and Lallana, were likely to go anyway even if NC had stayed because all modern players are just after money and automatically expect to play for the top 2-3 clubs and the CL income enables them to carry bloated squads. However, because we haven't been able to quell the flow of speculation robustly enough, NC fuelled or not, the danger is that we sell the players and then the price rises too sharply to get the replacements we want because clubs know we have a warchest. Real lack of experience coming through and think Reed ought to handle all football communications at the moment.

MP contract needs to be tied down asap and if we are selling quickly, we'll also need to buy quickly as the post WC market will be difficult to negotiate. I'd much rather we'd held on any major sales apart from Osvaldo until after Brazil because we don't know if one of those players will have a moment that catapults their value skywards. Say Adam scores a brilliant winner v Italy, you could have Bayern, Real etc wanting to buy him and it would force Liverpool into an auction to pay £5-10m more. Instead, there seems to be an indecent haste to sell and a sense the club is being bullied by Liverpool/Man U and the media agenda from NC's mates. The club should have enough clout to hold any discussions on it's own terms but it would appear not.

It's hardly a surprise after all the stage-managed leaks that Liverpool have reportedly made a bid. That does not necessarily mean that .saints will accept it, even if Adam is interested.

when you look at the fees paid for the likes of Fellaini, Mata, and just about any unpronounceable foreigner at Chelsea, the price for one of of the top attacking players in one of the top leagues in the world should be close to £40 million, especially when you remember that Adam would be a 'home grown' member of a squad. I haven't seen the £20 million figure that others in this thread seem to have picked up on, but if that is the bid, it is too low. Have Liverpool got enough cash to afford him - unless they sell Suarez of course?

in any event I would be gutted to see AL go. He is "our" players in a way that few others are. We've been through the tough times and the good times together. If he wants to go, then so be it, but it would be a shattering blow to the morale of the club ... players, manager, and supporters.

Yes - with CL football, they're preparing to spend big time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27122370

Not a queue, no.

Any multi billionaire with half a brain would be better off buying one of avout half a dozen clubs with more potential than Saints.

It's quite beautiful that we are owned by a gazillionaire but the impatient and ungrateful few are still grizzling.

The comments about waiting until after the World Cup totally contradict the comments from last pre-season, about getting our transfers done ASAP so we have a full, settled pre-season with our new-look team. The only reason to wait until after the World Cup is in the hope of getting more money, but if our 'transfer committee' (which features the same key people as last year, again led by Les Reed) have negotiated well this will be taken into consideration in any valuation. If we've done a deal now, it is because the club got the money they want, the terms they want and have done so quickly to give us time to finalise replacements and additions. It also removes any risk to us of Lallana getting injured; that's Liverpool's problem now.

For all we know we've got a replacement lined up and we want the income from Lallana ASAP to get the deal(s) done.

The main problem I see coming is the reaction when Lallanas price is announced (or found out, as they case may be). It's not going to be as high as people expect, as he doesn't have that many years left performing at this level and he has only been in the Premiership for two seasons, of which only really this season has been at the very top of his game.

I also see outrage when our signings are announced. Nobody will be able to live up to Lallana, so however great they may or may not be, it'll be a failure in some peoples eyes.

The comments about waiting until after the World Cup totally contradict the comments from last pre-season, about getting our transfers done ASAP so we have a full, settled pre-season with our new-look team. The only reason to wait until after the World Cup is in the hope of getting more money, but if our 'transfer committee' (which features the same key people as last year, again led by Les Reed) have negotiated well this will be taken into consideration in any valuation.

Fair comment, but I see their potential exits before the WC as a question of morale more than money. If Lallana and Shaw leave before the WC commences it would be absolutely gutting to see them profiled as Liverpool/Man Utd players when they have spent their entire careers with us and not yet kicked a ball for them.

It seems to me that selling a player is like selling your car or house - you always perceive it to be worth more. On the Liverpool forums, they think AL is worth £15m but would pay £20m to get him.

I think the disparity is a reflection of how important he is to our team, and that he won't have such a pivotal role at LFC

Oh how ironic. Only last year so many on here were bemoaning that Lallana was not Prem quality and we should sell.

Now they sky is about to fall in because he MAY (may not too) be off.

We have a ready made replacement in Gaston......and please don't anyone say "well Gaston can't last 90 minutes" because neither can Adam.

Shaw - we have no ready made replacement

Oh how ironic. Only last year so many on here were bemoaning that Lallana was not Prem quality and we should sell.

We have a ready made replacement in Gaston......and please don't anyone say "well Gaston can't last 90 minutes" because neither can Adam.

Ramirez injury record sucks. Ramirez isn't suited to Pochettino intense pressing style. Poch expects all 10 outfield players to bust their balls for the team. Ramirez doesnt unfortunately.

In ''so many'' I think you're probably just referring to a single WUM? Can't remember anyone other than a WUM talking down Lallana.

Gaston will not be here next year, that is pretty obvious. The replacement for Shaw is Matty Targett, with Clyne as the cover in that area. We may bring in another full back cover if Shaw does indeed go.

In ''so many'' I think you're probably just referring to a single WUM? Can't remember anyone other than a WUM talking down Lallana.

Gaston will not be here next year, that is pretty obvious. The replacement for Shaw is Matty Targett, with Clyne as the cover in that area. We may bring in another full back cover if Shaw does indeed go.

You don't remember this absolute for-the-ages classic

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42098-Are-we-a-better-side-without-Lallana&highlight=Lallana

Mongs as recently as last summer were also boasting that their fears about Lallana had been proven correct.

Gaston's more likely to be here then Lallana.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42098-Are-we-a-better-side-without-Lallana&highlight=Lallana

Mongs as recent as the summer were also boasting that their fears about Lallana had been proven correct.

That's a bad thread, full of the same rat-pack as well all backing each other up. Who'd have thought it.

That's a bad thread, full of the same rat-pack as well all backing each other up. Who'd have thought it.
Seems to be views from a wide range of posters that Lallana wasn't convncing at times last year, just goes to show how much he's relly stepped up this year. Edited by Sour Mash

Mongs as recently as last summer were also boasting that their fears about Lallana had been proven correct.

At the time it was a valid point. lallana wasn't playing well and results had improved with him not in the side. He's improved beyond all recognition since then. I'm sure a lot of people will have erased that period from their memories though. Hindsight is great isn't it. Nice to see you're obsession with me shows no sign of letting up.

At the time it was a valid point. lallana wasn't playing well and results had improved with him not in the side. He's improved beyond all recognition since then. I'm sure a lot of people will have erased that period from their memories though. Hindsight is great isn't it. Nice to see you're obsession with me shows no sign of letting up.

I just happen to LOVE that sentence. Cheers m8.

are the other premiership forums as bad as this one re their players leaving .?

Most are actually talking about bringing players in. To be fair we're the only one of the also-rans that has any in demand assets. (I know about the others yes but I think the demand for our two superstars is way above that level.)

Was it? You obviously weren't watching him very closely.

Sunshine, it's a Lallana thread; someone pointed out the irony that only a year ago Lallana was out of a favour on here; someone else responded that it was only a single WUM; your thread takes the biscuit in terms of its stupidity, proving the original poster's point. That's all.

I respect that the mongboard is serious business for you but no need to read too much into things :lol: