Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

I agree to some extent, but then, that would include nearly everything to do with Saints and limit the forum a bit.

That's true, and in some ways being a fan would be more enjoyable.

I don't get why people take football so personally. If Lallana leaves, it's not going to change my life. Other things are far more important.

Only in the sense that every player is a squad player now. Think you're underestimating his quality.

Not at all, lets not kid ourselves, last season he was distinctly average and MP's coaching staff have done wonders to improve his game time contribution; rather than flattering to deceive.

Hence the reason that he will go nowhere if MP stays.. simple.

I agree to some extent, but then, that would include nearly everything to do with Saints and limit the forum a bit.

So why does my perceived negative posts get dismissed even when they are correct like this one?

Hence my avatar, this was taken by Central station.

What's the point of discussing something we have no control over?

That said, selling Lallana will bring the club much needed funds to push on. If we invest in the way Norwich did in the summer, like we should have, it will show a real sign of intent to the rest of the league.

If there is no point discussing something we have no control over, then we might as well just talk about whether we are going to buy a ticket or not.

As for selling AL, say he does go for £20m, less agents fees, sell on clauses, VAT, anything else, then we would have to sign a replacement say £10m+ plus signong on fees, agents fees, VAT and anything else, I wonder how much there would actually be left to push on?? And investing like Norwich - you'll have to explain that one!!

If there is no point discussing something we have no control over, then we might as well just talk about whether we are going to buy a ticket or not.

As for selling AL, say he does go for £20m, less agents fees, sell on clauses, VAT, anything else, then we would have to sign a replacement say £10m+ plus signong on fees, agents fees, VAT and anything else, I wonder how much there would actually be left to push on?? And investing like Norwich - you'll have to explain that one!!

But Norwich are pursuing the 'yoyo' strategy !

Don't believe me I don't care mate... Just wait and see ;)

Did i say i didn`t believe you?...

But its easy to post a view as fact but when you do someone will ask for proof..

Although i suspect you have no proof just a feeling..

Players want to earn money and win medals......

Le Tissier is the oerfect example - superb player but won nothing. He must regret that now.

There was rumours of a large bust-up / arguement after that FA cup final exit, you can understand why.

Source? I'm sure they were disappointed but 'bust up' is a bit of an exaggeration even by your standards.

Actually, now that I have read it again I withdraw my :lol:.

It is obviously an attempt to stir up sectarian hatred.

Thank god Barry pointed it out.

Hang your head in shame SSA.

:mcinnes:

Yes, as the Irish catholic son of an Irish father and an English protestant mother who started life on Ballymurphy Road, Belfast and who's first school was Saint Aidens Christian Brothers primary school, I stand by my humourous comment. If it's good enough for Dave Allen, it's good eneough for me.

Sectarianism??????I ask ya.

Goatboy, you can put your :lol: back.

See sectarianism gets a laugh on here, also completely incorrect as well to boot, I do wonder if people actually know anything about well anything.

Doughnut. If you can't see the humour in the world, at least know that I love you.

Yes, as the Irish catholic son of an Irish father and an English protestant mother who started life on Ballymurphy Road, Belfast and who's first school was Saint Aidens Christian Brothers primary school, I stand by my humourous comment. If it's good enough for Dave Allen, it's good eneough for me.

Sectarianism??????I ask ya.

Goatboy, you can put your :lol: back.

Doughnut. If you can't see the humour in the world, at least know that I love you.

So your background makes you immune from being sectarian? Dave Allen was a very very funny man, your point?

So your background makes you immune from being sectarian? Dave Allen was a very very funny man, your point?

That there is not enough laughter in the world.

People have to look at the world with better eyes than that. Should you not? do you not?

And remember, for my backgound I also held the Queens commision.

Humour and Football, the great levellers.

That there is not enough laughter in the world.

People have to look at the world with better eyes than that. Should you not? do you not?

And remember, for my backgound I also held the Queens commision.

Humour and Football, the great levellers.

I am winding you up, take it easy, the art of winding someone up is when they have to seriously justify themselves, you could be Idi Amin and I would not care my friend.

Adams off wants to leave, so it's just a question of how much we can get - bournemouths take

I assume you mean Liverpool have tapped him up and have made an offer he wants to accept? I don't know what, I am old enough to know how things work, but it hurts typing that. Not looking forward to reading about his move in the Sunday paper. I can still remember reading about bridges immanent move to Chelsea and how I didn't want to believe it would happen.

If Adam goes for 40 million, we would have to spend twice that to get an equivalent player back in.

He is certainly of a rare breed. Not overly quick but exceptional skill and close control, his movement is amazing and two footed as well.

It will be a long time before we see a player like him again in a saints shirt again (if he goes)

I know Pochettino is a little bias but he compared him to Iniesta and Silva and he isn't far off.

There was rumours of a large bust-up / arguement after that FA cup final exit, you can understand why.

That didn't happen.

The players income is linked to the merit payment (league position) so concentrating on the league benefits them.

Edited by egg

He is ****ing class and I would be gutted if he left the club! Out of all the players it would hurt to see him in another shirt, just because he has been with the club for 14 years and 8 as a pro.

It is his birthday tomorrow! Give us all a present Adam and say you are extending your contract!

Players want to earn money and win medals......

Le Tissier is the oerfect example - superb player but won nothing. He must regret that now.

Matty was a different generation and very happy with his career. He was comfortable where he was and did not want more.

I do not remember losing a cup final!

He's had a fair few good seasons for us.

Likely to start for England in a World Cup with a chance to impress at the highest level. We'll see.

He's been great this season, average last season, and was consistently outshine by lambert the 3 seasons before that. So no he's not as good as Iniesta ffs

He is certainly of a rare breed. Not overly quick but exceptional skill and close control, his movement is amazing and two footed as well.

It will be a long time before we see a player like him again in a saints shirt again (if he goes)

I know Pochettino is a little bias but he compared him to Iniesta and Silva and he isn't far off.

Having seen him play I have high hopes for Josh Sims being a very similar player to Adam (though with more pace)................No pressure on the lad:).

Having seen him play I have high hopes for Josh Sims being a very similar player to Adam (though with more pace)................No pressure on the lad:).

We have the next youth players all lined up, but fear it will be to replace what we have now, but I hope it will strengthen what we have now!

He's been great this season, average last season, and was consistently outshine by lambert the 3 seasons before that. So no he's not as good as Iniesta ffs

He is not even in the prime of his career yet and Iniesta peaked around 27. I said he wasn't far off not that he is as good as.

In any case, a unique player who is not easily replaceable.

He is not even in the prime of his career yet and Iniesta peaked around 27. I said he wasn't far off not that he is as good as.

In any case, a unique player who is not easily replaceable.

If he was just someone we signed rather then came through the academy I wouldn't really care. AM's aren't in short supply, off the top of my head I'd have no problem bringing Michu in to replace him. It'd just be for sentimental reasons and that it'd **** me off that we're selling another academy product. I know they're different positions but I don't think he's any better then Pahars was.

Whether he's in the prime of his career or not is debatable. Ask Wayne Bridge when his prime was, Lallana's will be the same if he leaves, he's simply not a top 4 player.

Pastor Patron is fast moving towards the top of the list of people on this forum that know f*ck all about football.

Sure you are a nice guy, but Christ you havent got a clue.

he'd make the perfect QPR scout

It breaks my heart hearing you talk smack like that Charlie, it breaks my god damn heart....

Breaks my heart that you feel Michu is an adequate replacement for Lallana.

Take the summer off and learn the game. You've been found out on here. Time and time again.

He's not on Silva's level and it's mad comparing him to Iniesta.

Adams off wants to leave, so it's just a question of how much we can get - bournemouths take

To be fair the club have known for ages that he has ambitions. The expectation has been that if he doesn't go this window it'll be the next one. Whilst I'd love him to stay, I think he'll walk into the Liverpool team and take them up a level.

For once in my life I am a bit ITK on this one and I know that Shaw and Lallana are both open to moves to bigger clubs. Shaws the more keen to move to a big club, whereas Lallana wants to get a feel for where the clubs ambition lies before making a decision.

Pochettino staying or going isn't the main factor in their decisions. Will be an interesting summer.

I'm fully aware how this forum works and that I'll get countless **** for claiming i have insider knowledge, believe it or not but it has come from a big source inside the club. This is the first time I've been passed along a bit of info, prob won't be much more. I'm not particularly concerned whether anyone believes it or not.

For once in my life I am a bit ITK on this one and I know that Shaw and Lallana are both open to moves to bigger clubs. Shaws the more keen to move to a big club, whereas Lallana wants to get a feel for where the clubs ambition lies before making a decision.

Pochettino staying or going isn't the main factor in their decisions. Will be an interesting summer.

I'm fully aware how this forum works and that I'll get countless **** for claiming i have insider knowledge, believe it or not but it has come from a big source inside the club. This is the first time I've been passed along a bit of info, prob won't be much more. I'm not particularly concerned whether anyone believes it or not.

Pretty much what Lallana's speech sounded like at the awards. If he's going to leave I guess it would be after World Cup. As for Shaw I think it's been a case of when he will leave, not if. Although I think we could keep him for one more season.

Re MP, I still think this will have a massive impact if he stays.