Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

I think he will go and if anywhere i hope it's Liverpool under Rodgers but to sell before the WC is deluded, his price could go up 15m if he has a blinder

Whatever happens he should be given a proper reception on sat for all he has done for us

I hope if he goes it's anywhere but Liverpool. Deluded arrogant …………………………….C'mon Citeh.

The 25% sell-on fee may prove to be a saving grace. Saints can dig their heels in and insist any fee they want has to be net of that, and hopefully that will scare teams off. Can't say it would mean Lallana is happy though.

Of course, one way to completely circumvent this is to chuck some players into the deal and lesson the fee. Now then, would could we realistically take from the potential suitors of Lallana. We know Pochettino likes young English players...

sour mash

I am sure adam mnetioned something about wanting to score at liverpool when he got the goal of the season award, he mentioned it on one of the awards he recieved

He was asked which grounds he would be extra keen to score goals at in the future. He said he'd love to score at Goodison Park because he was a boyhood Everton fan (still is). And then in the same breath and with a slight grin said Anfield too. He then went on to joke that he's already scored at old Trafford no matter what déjàn claims.

Think this joke about scoring against Liverpool as perceived rival to his non playing team says quite a bit about how much Liverpool would have to offer him. The sources claiming Lambert leaked info to Liverpool fans about adz joining actually strike me as misconstrued banter between Adam and Rickie.

This is my positive conspiracy theory anyway.

Losing AL would rip the heart out of our squad, So for us it's a question of 'how much would we actually stand to lose if he went' as opposed to 'how much is he worth'. Therefore should go for Bale-level money only. (& I don't mean £5m with no sell-on clause and Forecast coming the other way)

But of course it isn't up to us is it. Not completely. But we can stand firm.

But what is the point of the academy? Is it only to supply players for the senior squad, or is it also to develop players to sell on for large profits? If it is the latter, then we have to expect to sell players and when it happens not complain about it however much we want to keep them. If it is the former, then the Club need to come out and show the ambition in order to keep them. I guess we will find out over the next few months what sort of business it is.

Going to be an interesting summer, the club are teetering between really pushing on into European contention or descending back into lower mid table obscurity.

Firstly we need to keep hold of Poch then the key players. With the same key players plus a couple of classy additions we could be going places.

However if the likes of Liverpool are banging at the door with their Champs league ticket it would be hard for a player like Adam to resist and TBH I wouldn't begrudge him one bit. £25M minimum though.

The media couldn't wait to get to the end of the season to start peddling the 'meltdown' stories again. The fact that we have little football experience within our board set up (with the exception of uncle Les) has given them significant ammo with which to assume we will be taken for a ride by the bigger clubs. I'm sure other clubs are trying to capitalise on the same uncertainty!

I would hope that despite any lack of experience, they will be intelligent enough to understand it would be absolutely nonsensical to sell any of our international players prior to the World Cup given the potential increase in value.

In terms of any potential Lallana sale, it would have a far bigger impact that any revenue generated IMO. He has become the figure head to the whole ethos of the club, an inspiration if you will for the various groups coming through the academy as well as the first team. From an external point of view, if we are willing to sell our own captain and best player then it gives a strong impression that we have hit our ceiling and are happy to consolidate. I generally don't believe in the scaremongering of a mass wholesale this summer, however this scenario is the only instance that I believe has the potential to pull down the house of cards.

It is exactly this intent that the players and manager are waiting to see before committing and this would certainly not be a good way to show their ambition for the future.

Unfortunately its a case of 'time will tell' which is never a nice situation to be in.

I'd be devastated if he went to the World Cup as anything other than a Saint.

I mean, it'd be hard enough losing him at all but that would be a real kick in the teeth. Unlikely to happen though. Same story was leaked about Shaw a few weeks ago.

The fact that we have little football experience within our board set up (with the exception of uncle Les) has given them significant ammo with which to assume we will be taken for a ride by the bigger clubs. I'm sure other clubs are trying to capitalise on the same uncertainty!

I would hope that despite any lack of experience, they will be intelligent enough to understand it would be absolutely nonsensical to sell any of our international players prior to the World Cup given the potential increase in value.

Uncle Les has more football experience than many and it is that which helped Cortese, who like the new board also lacked experience of the football industry when he came here. But then again, football is a business like many others and the same principles apply and Katharina has surrounded herself with people with good business brains and adept in financial and legal matters. Additionally, although Ice Hockey isn't football and the Canadian scene is different to the English one, nevertheless there must be similar principles involved with the buying and selling of players in both cases and therefore Ralph Krueger brings his experience from that too.

And if the likes of us can work it out that a player will increase his value following a good showing in the World Cup, I doubt that that fact has escaped our board. If there is any intention to sell at all, it will undoubtedly also be after maximising the price too by playing one suitor against the others, and there isn't a shortage of those with big money behind them. And if the price goes too high for them, then good. As others have said, Lallana would be difficult to replace for the sort of money that Liverpool are quoting. Arguably, even Gareth Bale at 100 million Euros hasn't effectively been replaced in his value to Spurs by those several players that they brought in with the money they got for him.

Uncle Les has more football experience than many and it is that which helped Cortese, who like the new board also lacked experience of the football industry when he came here. But then again, football is a business like many others and the same principles apply and Katharina has surrounded herself with people with good business brains and adept in financial and legal matters. Additionally, although Ice Hockey isn't football and the Canadian scene is different to the English one, nevertheless there must be similar principles involved with the buying and selling of players in both cases and therefore Ralph Krueger brings his experience from that too.

And if the likes of us can work it out that a player will increase his value following a good showing in the World Cup, I doubt that that fact has escaped our board. If there is any intention to sell at all, it will undoubtedly also be after maximising the price too by playing one suitor against the others, and there isn't a shortage of those with big money behind them. And if the price goes too high for them, then good. As others have said, Lallana would be difficult to replace for the sort of money that Liverpool are quoting. Arguably, even Gareth Bale at 100 million Euros hasn't effectively been replaced in his value to Spurs by those several players that they brought in with the money they got for him.

All fair comments.

Lets hope Ralph doesn't get the transfer window confused with a trade season where its part and parcel to change large % of a teams' squad for the new draft. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if Cortese's media contacts were some way involved.

I assume you are referring to the comments from Adam Blackmore a few weeks ago :-

April 15th

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport Apr 15

for info, there's been a concerted effort to destabilise board at #saintsfc with the Lallana/Shaw to United story - it may turn out true but source has been peddling it to media for weeks - some of us ignore stuff we can't prove/source

http://tmi.me/1e95sQ

Who would be keen to see new board struggle after financial figures came out ? ......

no, you've missed my subtle hint - maybe ex-board people may have an axe to grind !!

phone calls from people close to him aren't a coincidence - doesn't surprise me at all

The question is WHY, what are his motives ? (Talk Drivel, certain parts of the London media and that Crook bloke were certainly taken in last time)................... Is he ? :-(a) a bitter man ?

(b) out of the goodness of his heart he is trying to warn the fans what the new board are up to?

© he is trying to cause unrest to lower any takeover price and get an offer accepted ?

(d) he is trying to spoil any Shirt sponsorship deal because a new deal will make the existing one look very poor?

(e) (my favourite) as he is no longer at the club the players are using him to provoke a answer from Ralph & Co as to the direction of the club (they tried the Echo stories and that didn't work) ?

now I know why we went for the all red kit, its to ease the pain of seeing one of the best players in another teams shirt.

I have to say I was actually very impressed by Ozil when they played us at SMS, he looked a top notch player, but I haven't much else of him, so I am perhaps not the best person to comment, but over the course of the season I'd wager that Lallana has been better (he made the PFS team of the year) and Ozil went for £42m, so £20m seems a tad on the low side considering the cost of these talented attacking players coming in from abroad like Willian, Mata, Silva, Hazzard, Oskar etc who are all in he £30m bracket. I suppose the likes of Kagawa were closer to £20m.

We should keep him for the nation not allow him to leave the country. Somebody must come up with the money to keep him here. Does anybody really want to live in Liverpool? I thought the Ferry across the Mersey was a refugee escape route.

Of course he wants to live here, he wants to live and get by by whats on the telly or an ikea. No competiton and the areas in Liverpool are far nicer than Southampton (granted there are an awful lot of ****e holes but there are lovely areas to).

I assume you are referring to the comments from Adam Blackmore a few weeks ago :-

The question is WHY, what are his motives ? (Talk Drivel, certain parts of the London media and that Crook bloke were certainly taken in last time)................... Is he ? :-(a) a bitter man ?

(b) out of the goodness of his heart he is trying to warn the fans what the new board are up to?

© he is trying to cause unrest to lower any takeover price and get an offer accepted ?

(d) he is trying to spoil any Shirt sponsorship deal because a new deal will make the existing one look very poor?

(e) (my favourite) as he is no longer at the club the players are using him to provoke a answer from Ralph & Co as to the direction of the club (they tried the Echo stories and that didn't work) ?

If he's bitter enough to ban a long term season ticket holder from having one because they wrote something on a mongboard he didn't like, as well as engaging in petty feuds with players, how much more bitter would he be against someone who cost him a £2m a year job and the highest paid person in the industry?? There's your motive, right there.

Edited by Turkish

How often are BIG transfers completed prior to a world cup? I have a poor memory for facts like this, but do expensive deals/players ever move prior to a world cup? I guess it would depend on whether there was interest pre world cup, or they had a good tournament and then that secured them a move to abig club.

But Adam can't be the first player in this situation. He won't need the stress of being involved in a prolonged transfer deal prior to the World Cup. Come Monday when the squad is announced, and he is included, I wouldn't imagine he'll be thinking much about next season in the Prem, purely focusing on the World Cup. You could expect he'd even be thinking that once the World Cup is over, if he is confident in his own ability (which I am sure he is) he'd be able to secure a better deal with either Saints or any other club, both personally and for his current club. As the decent person he is, you know he would want Saints to get the best deal, as Bournemouth too I expect, and moving prior to the World Cup wouldn't help with this.

It would be painful to watch Lallana star for England knowing he is already a Liverpool player. At the moment, everything is only rumours, so personally I remain optimistic he will still be with us at least by the time the World Cup starts. After that, who knows...

How often are BIG transfers completed prior to a world cup? I have a poor memory for facts like this, but do expensive deals/players ever move prior to a world cup? I guess it would depend on whether there was interest pre world cup, or they had a good tournament and then that secured them a move to abig club.

Remember United agreed a deal for Hernandez before he went on to play impress at World Cup.

I personally want Saints to hold onto Lallana but even if they were to sell, selling now and for the pittance quoted would be nuts.

Brendan Rogers didn't deny the story when it was put to him on Talksport. From what he said though, Adam would only be going there as a squad player.

You can tell he loves all the England stuff and being a squad player albeit at Liverpool could take him out of the limelight in the future and not a cert starter for England as he is now, the first name on the teamsheet, at saints.

Liverpool to Saints ...we want to buy your Adam Lallana please?

Saints to Liverpool...we don't need the money, we'll take that Sturridge as a straight swop.

liverpool to Saints..oh no he's playing really well, he's not for sale!

Saints to Liverpool...(in scousers accent) EXXACCTLLY,!!!,

Liverpool to Saints ...we want to buy your Adam Lallana please?

Saints to Liverpool...we don't need the money, we'll take that Sturridge as a straight swop.

liverpool to Saints..oh no he's playing really well, he's not for sale!

Saints to Liverpool...(in scousers accent) EXXACCTLLY,!!!,

that's exactly what'll happen.

The 25% sell-on fee may prove to be a saving grace. Saints can dig their heels in and insist any fee they want has to be net of that, and hopefully that will scare teams off. Can't say it would mean Lallana is happy though.

Of course, one way to completely circumvent this is to chuck some players into the deal and lesson the fee. Now then, would could we realistically take from the potential suitors of Lallana. We know Pochettino likes young English players...

Sell them a Jonno Forte for £35m with an option to buy Lallana for £1.42 as an add on.

We're only 3 players* short of really competing for top 6 imo; GK, CB, ST. Cost? Around £30-35m. Anything less is standing still. If the board can make that the new target, then I can't see MP or AL leaving.

*of course, they have to be the right players.

I can see it all now:

In the office at St. Marys

'ring ring'

MOPO: Hello Southampton football club

Rodgers: Cin I speak ta Mauricio Pochettino, Plese.

MOPO: Good morning Old bean, how the devil are you. This is MOPO speaking.

Rodgers: I thought you couldn't speak English

MOPO: Looks who's talking. Nope It's definatly moi, old fruit. How can I be of assistance?

Rodgers:Well, This is Brendan Rodgers. I would like to Buy Adam Lallananananana

MOPO:OKaaaaaay. And how much recompense do you believe is the correct amount to be tendered for said individual.

Rodgers: Eh?

MOPO: How much.

Rodgers:15 million

MOPO: And how soom

Rodgers:Before the world cup

MOPO: And why before then?

Rodgers:Because his value will go up.

MOPO: to how much?

Rodgers: About 50 million.

MOPO: Well sink me. If ya didn't just blow it again.

Rodgers:****. First the Premiership title, now this deal.

MOPO: I think, and you'll forgive my ponounciation, but (CENSORED DUE TO THE CRYING GAME). Now if you'll excuse one, One has soem elecution lessons to give the less fortunate.

Rodgers:What about Luke Shaw?Hello,hello, is anyone there?

Edited by Secret Site Agent
Some people have no sense of humour. Others are born without one and just get bigger.

I can see it all now:

'ring ring'

MOPO: Looks who's talking. Nope It's definatly moi, old fruit. How can I be of assistance?

MOPO:OKaaaaaay. And how much recompense do you believe is the correct amount to be tendered for said individual.

MOPO: I think, and you'll forgive my ponounciation, but awa wiv yew, ye wee fenian bastard yew. Now if you'll excuse one, One has soem elecution lessons to give the less fortunate.

:lol:

Good post Wes. Following the World Cup, should a bun fight start for Lallana it won't be wobbly Liverpool holding the contract when the mist clears...

I can see it all now:

'ring ring'

MOPO: I think, and you'll forgive my ponounciation, but awa wiv yew, ye wee fenian bastard yew. Now if you'll excuse one, One has soem elecution lessons to give the less fortunate.

Nice work !!!

I can see it all now:

'ring ring'

Brilliant. :lol:

Just wonder if we had chased the FA Cup and a place in Europe , which many agree was achievable we would be seeing players apparently wanting to leave.

Our squad is not deep enough to challenge for Europe.. whatever gave you that idea... too many posters thinking we have International players across the board... 8th was our ultimate and we achieved it... in terms of Lallana, he will be a squad player in any top four team and I assume he knows that when he signs up for whoever.. all depends on MP future

Just wonder if we had chased the FA Cup and a place in Europe , which many agree was achievable we would be seeing players apparently wanting to leave.

Players want to earn money and win medals......

Le Tissier is the oerfect example - superb player but won nothing. He must regret that now.

There was rumours of a large bust-up / arguement after that FA cup final exit, you can understand why.

What's the point of discussing something we have no control over?

That said, selling Lallana will bring the club much needed funds to push on. If we invest in the way Norwich did in the summer, like we should have, it will show a real sign of intent to the rest of the league.

Players want to earn money and win medals......

Le Tissier is the oerfect example - superb player but won nothing. He must regret that now.

There was rumours of a large bust-up / arguement after that FA cup final exit, you can understand why.

Not according to him.