Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

I think the sun are basing the Liverpool comments on Adams words at the award ceremony about scoring at Liverpool . To create this story

If he goes there . He will be a squad player and his career will go backward .

Personally I think it's is just scare mongering . He's worth far more than 20 million

Yet a number of media outlets took his comments as snubbing Liverpool and wanting to stay at saints.

I think the sun are basing the Liverpool comments on Adams words at the award ceremony about scoring at Liverpool . To create this story

Personally I think it's is just scare mongering . He's worth far more than 20 million

Why would Liverpool pay far more than 20 mil for a crap py old squad player?

Did Lallana say anything at the awards about scoring at Liverpool?

Congratulations you have won the 'the most naive post of the thread' award,

we'll see. as been mentioned MLT didn't move for that reason. Many players don't go to certain clubs for family reasons. Can I ask whether you have a wife and kids,?

Not saying that he is not going to move, just that there are no football considerations to take into account. To think otherwise would be being naive. Some people are not wholly nummamorous.

You know for certain this is coming from Liverpool? It's not like Lallana is our only player being linked with a move to a bigger club. In recent weeks we've had Rodriguez, Shaw, Chambers, Schnidelin, Wanyama, even Harrison Reed linked with moves away reported all in the same media outlets. The same ones that were gushing with praise of us only a few months back. Bit of a coincidence?
I wouldn't be surprised if Cortese's media contacts were some way involved.

Either that or the journalists of the country enjoy a good wind up of the Saintsweb population,see how many pages of carried away angst they can get from one quick story.

Blatant tapping-up using the media. Hard to prove, of course.

Fed up with this sh*t already. Going to be a long summer.

20m just demonstrates the sheer arrogance of the big clubs.

If this happens, we will know EXACTLY where we are with the new board.

Very, very fed up. All this sh*t about nothing ever happens before a World Cup, seems like that is b*ll*cks when its our players being touted around by the media.

cant have it both ways, do you think Rovers (fans) were happy with £1m for Rickie, or Burnley's for Jay Rod, we call Liverpool arrogant for offering less that what we think he is worth (tbf - I wouldnt pay more than £20m for a 10 goal a season player in midfiled), yet we do the same down the pecking order, look what we paid for Puncheon!

I want him to stay and play every week and I want him to be a captain and mentor (father figure) to all the young emerging talent and that is a unique role we need and he can't play anywhere else. It would eventually make him greater than MLT who wasn't a model for young talent because he didn't train seriously which he would have had to do if he had gone to a top club

This is the evil Ralph Krueger's work.

He already indicated they now watch Social Media to gauge fans reactions. Clearly he has a carefully orchestrated plan in place here.

He will leak one story like this per week about different players right up to the WC and judge the level of outrage on Forums & Letters to The Echo before he decides who he can get away with selling this summer.

We CANNOT let our Indignation levels drop for one moment or we could lose the wrong player!

Dear Ralph.

We really love Johno Quick, Mayuka and Jos. PLEASE don't let them go the same way as our beloved Danny Fox. And you MUST give the legendary Maverick Samba Assassin a new contract.

That is all.

Now back to unsUbstantiated ranting

I want him to stay and play every week and I want him to be a captain and mentor (father figure) to all the young emerging talent and that is a unique role we need and he can't play anywhere else. It would eventually make him greater than MLT who wasn't a model for young talent because he didn't train seriously which he would have had to do if he had gone to a top club

There's no way he's greater than Matt le tiss or ever will be.

This will happen all Summer. My personal view is that Adam is worth more to us than another club is prepared to pay.

My reasoning, say Liverpool pay the reported£20m, we trouser £15m and in effect have the funds to go and buy another Osvaldo or Ramirez. Whilst not as bad as many on here have made out - you couldn't compare their value to the team with Adam. Even a player circa that amount who has worked (Big Vic) won't be the fulcrum. Add in the message that we'll sell our best player and captain and it has a far more costly impact for future years.

A £25-30m bid would test the clubs bottle, but I cannot see a CL club doing that in the global market.

Ultimately I can't see Liverpool paying us what he is worth to us. Their only chance will be if Adam has his heart set on leaving or the club do not show any ambition this summer and he desperately wants out.

I don't think this is naive at all. It is a fair point.

The loyalty of MLT is often mentioned but the only reason he didn't sign for Spurs was because his (then) wiife didn't want to move to London.

I think its naive in the fact that these days we are talking about mega money, him not moving to Liverpool because his wife might not fancy it and they can offer him 20/30 grand a week more is not much of an incentive? Firstly, Le Tissiers Mrs came from Guernsey, different mentality to Lallana's mrs no doubt, I would imagine that Mrs L would be happy to support her husband, but granted, we dont actually know that. But the money thing; Matty told once after asking him about moves to Spurs, Chelsea and Blackburn, "if you cant live on 10K a week (his wage (with the add ons) despite what the book says!), then you have a problem", true, but the difference in money now is not relative to back then, it is truely life making opportunities.

If lallana stays with us great, but he'd be an idiot to miss the opportunity, just like matty, who says he doesnt regret anything, I dont believe him though, deep down he could have been perceived as great as Cantona and Gascoigne, we all know that he was better, but the outside world wont believe it becuase he played for us. Same thing with Lallana, good luck to him, he's done his duty here, we cant complain.

Alex Goring Crook on twitter,

"@alex_crook: Know for a fact Lallana's representatives have held talks with #afcb officials over 25 per cent sell on clause in recent weeks #saintsfc"

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this. Very concerned Ad's is off.

"@alex_crook: Know for a fact Lallana's representatives have held talks with #afcb officials over 25 per cent sell on clause in recent weeks #saintsfc"

All of a sudden I'm less concerned.

This will happen all Summer. My personal view is that Adam is worth more to us than another club is prepared to pay.

My reasoning, say Liverpool pay the reported£20m, we trouser £15m and in effect have the funds to go and buy another Osvaldo or Ramirez. Whilst not as bad as many on here have made out - you couldn't compare their value to the team with Adam. Even a player circa that amount who has worked (Big Vic) won't be the fulcrum. Add in the message that we'll sell our best player and captain and it has a far more costly impact for future years.

A £25-30m bid would test the clubs bottle, but I cannot see a CL club doing that in the global market.

Ultimately I can't see Liverpool paying us what he is worth to us. Their only chance will be if Adam has his heart set on leaving or the club do not show any ambition this summer and he desperately wants out.

Let us not forget that right about now Liverpool will be trying to get their fans to sign up for the early bird ST renewals and getting their cash in for the summer

Blatant tapping-up using the media. Hard to prove, of course.

Fed up with this sh*t already. Going to be a long summer.

20m just demonstrates the sheer arrogance of the big clubs.

If this happens, we will know EXACTLY where we are with the new board.

Very, very fed up. All this sh*t about nothing ever happens before a World Cup, seems like that is b*ll*cks when its our players being touted around by the media.

£20 million is an insult, especially with 25% going to Bournemouth. However I'm a bit concerned that if Lallana said he wanted to leave the board would just accept this offer, without demanding more. Time will tell I guess.

Even if this is true it indicates we are asking for more than 20m quid and Liverpool don't want to pay what we are asking.

Yeah, Crook doesn't have a clue. And why would "Lallana's representatives' be bothered about the sell on clause to Bournemouth?

Exactly, it's of no interest of theirs surely?

The fact that Alex Crook is posting facts gives me a lot more confidence.

Some very close to Adam on here are not concerned.

I also am told by someone who is very close to the club that he would be very surprised if he left us based on what he knows.

Unfortunately that sort of 'player happy at club he has been at for 15 years following best season in 30 years' doesn't make the news.

Adam is a pretty big fish in a medium sized pond where he's worked hard and overcome his problems with being captain that he is extremely proud of. At Liverpool he'd be a pretty big fish in a big pond with bigger fish and he'd never be captain. His quality deserves champions league football but I reckon he's going to wait until we show our ambition, he's not going to leave lightly.

I didnt post it yesterday as it would be frowned upon but I was out and saw friend who used to give me very reliable info and he said AL would jump at the chance of playing for Liverpool and would choose them ahead of anyone else

Yeah, Crook doesn't have a clue. And why would "Lallana's representatives' be bothered about the sell on clause to Bournemouth?

Because if they can come to some sort of settlement that sees Bournemouth get less than 25%, Saints would keep more of any transfer fee and we'd therefore be more likely to sell. That makes sense.

Quite why Bournemouth would have any interest at all in giving up even £1 of what they might legally be entitled to makes less sense.

Because SFC would only be interested in the net gain of any transfer not the gross fee. If his representatives persuade AFCB to take less then it might smooth the way for any transfer netting SFC more.

Because if they can come to some sort of settlement that sees Bournemouth get less than 25%, Saints would keep more of any transfer fee and we'd therefore be more likely to sell. That makes sense.

Quite why Bournemouth would have any interest at all in giving up even £1 of what they might legally be entitled to makes less sense.

Because SFC would only be interested in the net gain of any transfer not the gross fee. If his representatives persuade AFCB to take less then it might smooth the way for any transfer netting SFC more.
So trying to twist Bournemouth's arm, saying '15% of £25m is better than 0% of nothing, so sign up'

The fact that Alex Crook is posting facts gives me a lot more confidence.

Some very close to Adam on here are not concerned.

I also am told by someone who is very close to the club that he would be very surprised if he left us based on what he knows.

Unfortunately that sort of 'player happy at club he has been at for 15 years following best season in 30 years' doesn't make the news.

If this is true, i feel a little happier.

Of course Liverpool would like to complete the transfer before the world cup (as would any other club interested). Before the world cup Adam's value is lower than it wil be come July. Possibly by 25% (lower end) to 50% (upper end) based on the reported £20m offer on the table

The club, I am sure, know this and will not accept an offer now when they know an offer which cannot be declined (for both club & player) will come.

Lallana is currently akin to investing in gold.

So trying to twist Bournemouth's arm, saying '15% of £25m is better than 0% of nothing, so sign up'

In effect they are trying for a win-win for both AFCB and SFC (tho not the SFC fans unfortunately). If AFCB drop their cut which in turn means SFC can realise what they consider an acceptable net fee then both have monies coming their way. If Saints can't net what they want they won't sell and there'll be no percentage going to Bournemouth either.

Let us not forget that right about now Liverpool will be trying to get their fans to sign up for the early bird ST renewals and getting their cash in for the summer
Phil that is tongue in cheek I assume! Liverpool fans wont rush to get their S/T because AL was joining,

Phil that is tongue in cheek I assume! Liverpool fans wont rush to get their S/T because AL was joining,

Who me? Tongue in cheek? :rolleyes:

Actually my sources tell me the deal is 20 mil plus Coutinho, the down side is that we have to agree to take their entire back 4...

My source is my youngest Son a 'Pool fan - apparently they want to give their back 4 away after Palace :)

Oh btw, nice work on the Music Video. You've actually got a good singing voice mate.

cant have it both ways, do you think Rovers (fans) were happy with £1m for Rickie, or Burnley's for Jay Rod, we call Liverpool arrogant for offering less that what we think he is worth (tbf - I wouldnt pay more than £20m for a 10 goal a season player in midfiled), yet we do the same down the pecking order, look what we paid for Puncheon!

You overlook the laws of supply and demand. Buying a player is the same as buying a house or a second hand car, or something at auction. Whereas the marketplace gives some idea of a product's worth, ultimately anything is worth only what somebody is prepared to pay for it. The seller only sells if they want to or have to and deem the price acceptable. In the case of Lambert, the fee was a record for that division, I understand. Jay Rod was deemed to be a decent enough price for a player in the Championship with potential rather than proven ability at the top level. Clubs like Liverpool believe that because of the pull of their name as a glory club, they can offer less up front in the hope that the player will still want to go there. That is the arrogance.

In the case of Lallana, his value will be inflated by other bidders and whether he goes depends on whether he wants to go, whether we want to sell him, whether we deem the price to be at a level that is acceptable to us. All this frenzy in the media is just journos sounding out the response from the club on behalf of their contacts at various clubs and it is certainly a form of tapping up. Despite Southampton making statements at board level that our star players are not for sale and no official approaches have been made for them, that doesn't prevent the gutter press from speculating on behalf of the plastic fans of the glory teams, who lap up this rubbish.

It would be ironic if on the eve of Saints breaking into the upper echelons of the English football, we sell the player that has stuck with us through thick and thin - the player that has overcome adversity to become Captain of the 1st team - the player that talks fondly of "continuing to develop with the club".

There is so much more to the issue than the £20m bandied around by the media - my feeling is there is less chance of him leaving than of him staying for the time being. I also think retention of Mopo will play a large part in players deciding what to do. The Board quite simply have a massive job on their hands keeping the momentum going across every dimension of the club...it's probably the most important summer in the club's history.

I think he will go and if anywhere i hope it's Liverpool under Rodgers but to sell before the WC is deluded, his price could go up 15m if he has a blinder

Whatever happens he should be given a proper reception on sat for all he has done for us