Adam Lallana - Medical at Liverpool

Dr Who?

Watch Baines get skinned alive at the World Cup. He is too slow. Decent with the ball, but I think he's had an average season compared to last year. He was poor at SMS. I'd of taken Cole and Shaw to the World Cup.

As for Azpilicueta, he's a decent right back, not outstanding, but solid. At left back he's painfully limited. I don't think I saw him cross the half way line, which may be more about tactics than I care to admit, but he looked uncomfortable there in games I saw him. Not a chance I'd swap Shaw for him. No chance. You seriously underestimate how good Shaw is IMO. But I guess the game is all about opinions. I thought and said at the time that we undersold, Bridge, Bale, Jones and Chamberlain.

Shaw is clearly more valuable than both because of his age, and he'll likely eclipse them all within a couple of years. Haven't seen Azpilicueta at left back for a while but it is his natural position and he's been absolutely phenomenal on the right. I'll admit Baines didn't have his best season but his contribution to goals and assists is still remarkable, and it's not like his lack of pace made Everton's defence leaky.

I'd have Kolarov up among the best too, ahead of Shaw on this season's performances alone.

A direct quote from Simon Peach?

This bit raised an eyebrow " However, Peach continued: "I don’t think Lallana going means that Pochettino will go as well. I think it’s more likely that if Pochettino stays then Luke Shaw will stay. But regardless if Pochettino stays, Adam Lallana will leave."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/peach-pochettino-and-shaw-will-stay-southampton-if-they-push-champions-league-14051591433#o7VOL5xhgpTjeJEr.99

Money, to improve as a player, to play the best in the world, to have a chance to win a trophy and have his name in the record books?

don't forget the aquaducts, improved sanitation, law and and order and the wine. But apart from that........

Could someone point me towards the quotes that Adam has given were he clearly states his desire to join Liverpool???

I read their forum RAWK as it's usually good quality and they know their football. However, some contributors seem to suggest Lallana has indicated he wants to join them.

I recall Lallana saying he is keen to progress and play at the highest level one day but that's a stretch to say he wants to join Liverpool.

Apologies if I have missed these direct quotes.

Could someone point me towards the quotes that Adam has given were he clearly states his desire to join Liverpool???

I read their forum RAWK as it's usually good quality and they know their football. However, some contributors seem to suggest Lallana has indicated he wants to join them.

I recall Lallana saying he is keen to progress and play at the highest level one day but that's a stretch to say he wants to join Liverpool.

Apologies if I have missed these direct quotes.

As far as I'm aware, it's a "our sources say" type of thing

One paper's source is another, ouroboros, nothing more.

I have absolutely no understanding as to why Lallana would want to leave Southampton.

because he wants to be upwardly mobile, same as most other young men. He'll win nothing with Saints unfortunately..well apart from the JPT that is. Perhaps Gareth has given him a call and told him how it is in megastar,megabucks galacticos land. Perhaps he even believed the Champions League hype eh.

Very naive.

Naive??? Who is naive??? Name me a hero Mercenary. Lallana has a chance to be a legend. A one club inspiration.

He can earn more money than he needs at Southampton, Medals, Trophy he can also earn at Southampton.

Southampton have the nucleus of a fantastic team next season.

Seriously who is niave?

Naive??? Who is naive??? Name me a hero Mercenary. Lallana has a chance to be a legend. A one club inspiration.

He can earn more money than he needs at Southampton, Medals, Trophy he can also earn at Southampton.

Seriously who is niave.

Where is the evidence for that? Are you seriously trying to say that he has the same chance of winning medals and glory at Southampton than he does at Liverpool, United or Chelsea etc?

Seriously who is niave?

:lol:

We showed this season how serious we are about winning cups and we will never compete for the Premier League.

Seriously who is niave?

Ricky Lambert?

perhaps there won't be as many bids as many people think ...not too many clubs willing to offer so much.

with a start price around £20 million.... they'll be a very small number of bidders in that auction.

IMO -if Pochettino stays, then most of the squad will want to....except maybe ***********

Where is the evidence for that? Are you seriously trying to say that he has the same chance of winning medals and glory at Southampton than he does at Liverpool, United or Chelsea etc?

Chelsea and United yes, but I'm not convinced Liverpool have these days that much more chance than Southampton to win trophy's.

Chelsea and United yes, but I'm not convinced Liverpool have these days that much more chance than Southampton to win trophy's.

Liverpool failed to win the PL this last season because they couldn't beat Palace in the penultimate match and were mugged by us at home when they were without Suarez. If they'd have beaten us that day then they would have won the PL. So I'd say that without Suarez being banned for the first 6 games of the season they have every chance of winning the PL.

Liverpool failed to win the PL this last season because they couldn't beat Palace in the penultimate match and were mugged by us at home when they were without Suarez. If they'd have beaten us that day then they would have won the PL. So I'd say that without Suarez being banned for the first 6 games of the season they have every chance of winning the PL.

Not when he is playing at Real Madrid next season they don't......:nod:

Liverpool still far more chance than saints of winning anything, other than the JPT, though

Ricky Lambert?

Exactly Sydney Saint!

Who would have thought that Rickie Lambert would play at the World Cup playing for England.

Who would have thought 5 years ago that Saints would finish 8th in the Premier League.

Who would have believed that Saints would beat Liverpool away last year.

Our team is young and will only get better.

4 or 5 quality players arriving this summer and who knows how far we can go 4th, 5th.

Lallana can play Champions League with Southampton.

With some peoples dreamless horizons we would still be in Division One.

In Katharina Liebherr we trust. In Markus Liebherr we trust.

Edited by Andy Durman

You honestly think that Liverpool (the team who won the champions league a few years back) has the same chance of winning a trophy as Southampton? Seriously?

Lallana can play Champions League with Southampton.

Lallana could play Champions League with Southampton. Maaaaaaaybe. If everything goes perfectly and we defy all the odds, that might happen. Probably not. If it did he would probably be 28 or 29.

Or he could move and play in the Champions League next season.

Assuming troll, anyway

Lallana could play Champions League with Southampton. Maaaaaaaybe. If everything goes perfectly and we defy all the odds, that might happen. Probably not. If it did he would probably be 28 or 29.

Assuming troll, anyway

See thats the issue right there. OK so he may get a CL medal, but how much would it mean to him? It would be 'won' without the people that have meant the most to him professioanlly over the last 5-8 years. The win for a club that means nothing to him other than a pay cheque. I don't know...perhaps Lallana is a heartless mercenary, but to be honest I never had him down as that type of bloke.

Assuming troll, anyway

Why's Champions League the be all and end all anyway? Wanyama and Osvaldo both didn't mind losing it.

More rumours on Liverpool targets from the BBC rumours page http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/27435049

Versatile Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can has emerged as a target for Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, who has contacted the German side over the 20-year-old.

The Reds are also willing to meet a £20.4m release clause fee for Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo to bring the 25-year-old to Anfield this summer, according to Spanish newspaper Superdeporte.

would that (hopefully) suggest that Liverpool are looking elsewhere for midfielders?

More rumours on Liverpool targets from the BBC rumours page http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/27435049

Versatile Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Emre Can has emerged as a target for Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers, who has contacted the German side over the 20-year-old.

The Reds are also willing to meet a £20.4m release clause fee for Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo to bring the 25-year-old to Anfield this summer, according to Spanish newspaper Superdeporte.

would that (hopefully) suggest that Liverpool are looking elsewhere for midfielders?

It would, but that doesn't mean they've stopped pursuing Lallana. All clubs have a number of targets in the positions they want to strengthen.

Lallana is one of their top targets as things stand. They might well be looking to buy two or three midfielders, anyway.

You honestly think that Liverpool (the team who won the champions league a few years back) has the same chance of winning a trophy as Southampton? Seriously?

Its a fair point and when it comes to honours the Merseyside and south coast giants have an impressive haul between them, they include 18 league titles, 5 European cup/champions leagues, 3 UEFA cups, 3 UEFA super cups, 8 league cups, 8 FA cups and a Johnstones Paint trophy. I can see why he thinks he has a good chance at Southampton as he does at Liverpool of winning things.

Its a fair point and when it comes to honours the Merseyside and south coast giants have an impressive haul between them, they include 18 league titles, 5 European cup/champions leagues, 3 UEFA cups, 3 UEFA super cups, 8 league cups, 8 FA cups and a Johnstones Paint trophy. I can see why he thinks he has a good chance at Southampton as he does at Liverpool of winning things.

They've never won the Premier League. Their last FA cup was eight years ago. If they repeat their trophy haul of the last eight years over the next eight years Lallana would end up with a League Cup winners medal by the time he's 34 if he moved to them :-)

They've never won the Premier League. Their last FA cup was eight years ago. If they repeat their trophy haul of the last eight years over the next eight years Lallana would end up with a League Cup winners medal by the time he's 34 if he moved to them :-)

If we are to repeat our trophy haul of the last 30 years we'll need to get relegated twice too.

I suspect the shed load more £££&£ will soften the blow

Maybe with the extra TV money and his improved status this season we could offer significantly improved terms that would make the financial decision less clear cut

Forever the optimist!

Liverpool's recent Premier League performance

2009/10 63 points

2010/11 58 points

2011/12 52 points

2012/13 61 points

2013/14 84 points

Apart from this season, they've recently been hovering around Saints' current level (56 points). When Suarez leaves they'll drop back down to 7th!

2009/10 63 points

2010/11 58 points

2011/12 52 points

2012/13 61 points

2013/14 84 points

Apart from this season, they've recently been hovering around Saints' current level (56 points). When Suarez leaves they'll drop back down to 7th!

To put it into perspective they've only finished below 7th 3 times since 1965. our best ever premier league finish is their worst. Again, you're not really helping with this kind of evidence as to why he should stay.

2009/10 63 points

2010/11 58 points

2011/12 52 points

2012/13 61 points

2013/14 84 points

Saints' record Premier League season, you mean? The level of points over a season we've never seen since 1984?

Yep, sounds as good a reason as any to compare us to Liverpool I suppose.

Maybe with the extra TV money and his improved status this season we could offer significantly improved terms that would make the financial decision less clear cut

Forever the optimist!

When are we going to be able to offer him champions league football?

Forever the optimist!

£100k a week and CL football?

To put it into perspective they've only finished below 7th 3 times since 1965. our best ever premier league finish is their worst. Again, you're not really helping with this kind of evidence as to why he should stay.

Helping who exactly? I'm looking at the situation optimistically! Liverpool finished 7th, 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd in the last five years. We finished 8th this season. We're a young team on the up! We've made huge strides year on year for the last five years. Let's improve again next year!

Liverpool will be found out next year. Teams won't defend as naively against them. If they lose Suarez, they'll more than likely find themselves back in 6th / 7th / 8th.

Helping who exactly? I'm looking at the situation optimistically! Liverpool finished 7th, 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd in the last five years. We finished 8th this season. We're a young team on the up! We've made huge strides year on year for the last five years. Let's improve again next year!

Liverpool will be found out next year. Teams won't defend as naively against them. If they lose Suarez, they'll more than likely find themselves back in 6th / 7th / 8th.

In a similar vein, Pete. If we lose Lallana, where are we likely to finish?

Are Liverpool not a young team on the up?

When are we going to be able to offer him champions league football?

Within a year?

We're on target according to Lovren! :-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2399713/Southampton-reach-Champions-League--says-Dejan-Lovren.html

"Dejan Lovren insists his new club Southampton can reach the Champions League within the next two years.

The Croatia defender signed for £8.5million from Lyon, and was followed by midfielder Victor Wanyama and Daniel Osvaldo in a summer that has seen Southampton spend more than £35m.

Lovren experienced Champions League football while at Lyon, and is convinced Southampton can reach Europe’s top table. But first, he wants a top-eight finish this season."